Condition To Level Up Monsters.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Condition to level up monsters.
Condition to level up monsters.
By Luthiene 2012-05-19 12:30:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I was in altepa the other day, trying to cap my weapon skills on warrior fighting the Fear Derg there. As usual, there was a FC party going on there, so I figured the mobs would level up quickly. But after fighting for over 2hrs, I found that the mobs remained to be Easy Prey! Not even Decent Challenge...! So I thought that maybe they just had to be killed quite fast, but not too fast (ie. Dont FC them)

Today I am in a Fell Cleave party (Mandies again in Altepa), and the mobs that are being pulled are all checking as IT. So I was wondering if anyone could enlighten me about the conditions that need to be met in order to level up the mobs in a particular area?
 Phoenix.Morier
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2012-05-19 12:33:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Were you on warrior when you were in the fc where they checked as IT? Or on a low level job getting cleaved?
 Carbuncle.Axle
Server: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2012-05-19 12:44:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Single killing mobs lets them lvl up. AoE killing with cleave or CW will balance them at a certain lvl. If your AoE killing and someone comes along and single kills your mobs they will lvl up on you, on future pulls.
By Luthiene 2012-05-19 12:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol, now that you mention it, yes I'm 75 SCH atm. That explains it... I dont know why that didnt hit me earlier >_>

Now that thats sorted, I was wondering if anyone knows any good mobs/camps to cap my weapon skills. They're all at 300+, but the Fear Derg weren't really giving me much skillups post 320ish despite eating Montagna and all.
 Phoenix.Morier
Server: Phoenix
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2012-05-19 12:47:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I love the durium shells in vunk <s>, it is not aby, but then again I level npc at same time. They check dc at 99
[+]
 Siren.Stunx
Server: Siren
user: Bungie
By Siren.Stunx 2012-05-19 13:09:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Luthiene said: »
Lol, now that you mention it, yes I'm 75 SCH atm. That explains it... I dont know why that didnt hit me earlier >_>

Now that thats sorted, I was wondering if anyone knows any good mobs/camps to cap my weapon skills. They're all at 300+, but the Fear Derg weren't really giving me much skillups post 320ish despite eating Montagna and all.

join a doll pt, those usually get to their highest level.