Gurfurlur?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Gurfurlur?
Gurfurlur?
 Asura.Chanceikin
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Chanceikin 2012-05-10 12:24:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been looking for Gurfurlur for weeks now.. does anyone know why he's never up? I cant see a feasible reason to farm it repeatedly.. if anyone has any information, please respond.. this alex is sucking up all of my inventory and I can't turn it in until I get this last win.
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2012-05-10 12:30:53
Link | Quote | Reply

More than likely its because of besieged. If he dies there, he will die in the other zone as well. Just have to be lucky sometimes. Took us like... 10+ days for gulool, with leaving a mule there and checking constantly. Gluck.
 Ragnarok.Eriina
Server: Ragnarok
user: Eriina
By Ragnarok.Eriina 2012-05-10 13:16:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, with the recent surge in mythic popularity there are actually a lot more small groups or individuals seeking this title than you might think. When i was camping him a few months ago I ran into 5 seperate groups all seeking the kill. I PTed up with them periodically and we waited together until they eventualy left to do something else, and came back later. I myself was leaving for Einharjer or VW from time to time. One day i got a message from one of the other guys that he had killed it at about my 4am (i was asleep). He was nice enought a send me a /tell at the time and the next day, so at least I had the exact ToD.

Not long after that there was a major maintenence. I logged out in the throne room and stayed there for...4 full days wihtout logging out or leaving the area until it finally popped. I checked for the 4 others I'd met while camping, none were logged in. Killed him with a few LS buddies and over the next few days got /tells from those other campers confirming that i had killed it (I had the ToD up in my /sea com).

So the point is, he's super easy to kill, takes forever to pop, unles you are literally sitting there 24/7 to at least catch it in your log (or have an exact ToD to go on), you're probably just missing him and some other small group or even soloer is killing him. Unfortunately this means the chances of "just finding him up" may be smaller than you think. :/
 Asura.Chanceikin
By Asura.Chanceikin 2012-05-11 09:28:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I figured on either one of the two above mentioned scenarios - I was hoping that this post might find some of these groups/soloers. At this point, I'd be willing to drop a cool million gil for the title - just want to dump this alexandrite and get my inventory back. The delay on this step is messing up my plans.
 Asura.Chanceikin
By Asura.Chanceikin 2012-05-11 09:29:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh.. and my apologies if that came across rudely, thank you both for the response. ^^