First Page 2 3 ... 236 237 238 ... 446 447 448
 Sylph.Gobbo
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2015-12-05 20:29:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Takisan said: »
Anyone else have any experience with Pakecet? Do you have to fight this guy on like a fires day between 22 and 24 game time on a full moon for him to drop Jovian?

RNG is RNG is RNG. Just gotta keep killing, some days you'll go in getting 15 RDM swords, other days you'll end up seeing 10 BLU swords.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-12-05 21:00:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
We got lucky and got our top LS RDM the Venerian body and the Jovian body dropped in the same kill so we got that for him too.

LS have "Top RDM"s anymore?

Inside jokes for anyone in LS who actually reads these forums.
By lhova 2015-12-08 11:48:31
Link | Quote | Reply

/sigh so I spammed Pakecet... 1 jovian body out of 15 pops. Freakin ridiculously low drop rate. Not to mention we had a thf there with us. 5 Venerian bodies and about 4 or so Triton bodies. 1 cape, 2 bodies dropped.

Anyone else have any experience with Pakecet? Do you have to fight this guy on like a fires day between 22 and 24 game time on a full moon for him to drop Jovian?

What was your setup on Pakecet and strat? I can never get a group going because we'd either be lacking a paladin or a competent blm. I normally would try to go on BLU. Need both body abj but not sure how low man I can go and how hard it will be. Thanks!

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-12-08 12:03:31
Link | Quote | Reply

When we low-man, our set-up is normally PLD, RDM, GEO, GEO, BLM, SCH. Drop the second GEO or the BLM if we're short on people. Other than that, it's pretty simple. If absolutely necessary, August might even be able to tank fairly easily. I'd suggest trying during the trust campaign, though.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2015-12-08 13:19:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
The entire Ru'Aunn loot system is garbage. Far too many drops and far too few useful ones. Went 0/14 on Venerian for our mages the other night, and 1/19 Kaftans. Don't worry, though. We got plenty of Kurys Gloves and subligars.

The main problem is they all share the same drop slot.
 Cerberus.Midgitis
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Midgitis 2015-12-08 13:27:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Vinedrius said: »
The entire Ru'Aunn loot system is garbage. Far too many drops and far too few useful ones. Went 0/14 on Venerian for our mages the other night, and 1/19 Kaftans. Don't worry, though. We got plenty of Kurys Gloves and subligars.

God forbid the spoiled player base of today has to kill something with 3-4 people a few times to get an item they want.

People forget the loot systems of the past. Fight a mob for 2 hours, get nothing at all on a 3-5 day respawn.

Fight 24 nidhogs in a row without getting the adjuration you want for one person of the linkshell.

Its funny when people complain about how unlucky they are when loot is basically delivered to your d-box by comparison now.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-12-08 13:41:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not getting into a loot discussion, so let's shift the topic. Some don't like the system, others do.
[+]
By lhova 2015-12-08 13:57:12
Link | Quote | Reply

lhova said: »
/sigh so I spammed Pakecet... 1 jovian body out of 15 pops. Freakin ridiculously low drop rate. Not to mention we had a thf there with us. 5 Venerian bodies and about 4 or so Triton bodies. 1 cape, 2 bodies dropped.

What was your setup on Pakecet and strat? I can never get a group going because we'd either be lacking a paladin or a competent blm. I normally would try to go on BLU. Need both body abj but not sure how low man I can go and how hard it will be. Thanks!

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Out_of_the_BLU#Pakecet

Video and all.

I just did it to help out a BLU this weekend. They were not equipped to nuke or anything so they subbed WHM and cured and -naed the PLD.

So BLU BLU BLU GEO COR PLD was fine.

As long as you have GEO and PLD the rest is w/e.

GEO PLD RDM SCH BLM BLM, GEO PLD COR BLU BLU BLM or WHM, etc. Very easy.

i remember reading that on BLU to just load up on MAB and use all your light spells to take it down or was the BLU BLU BLU GEO COR PLD strat, straight melee/Light SC spam? It might be hard to get that actual setup. Its hard getting Cor's and even yet PLD's and Geo's. I wish my server did more stuff. Seems like only JPS yell for fights and either I can't understand what they are yelling for or they wont take English players. Lakshmi is dead.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-12-08 14:04:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Light does really well on it. Fire/Ice/Thunder do well too. Just no Dark on it lol
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2015-12-09 05:30:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Midgitis said: »
Bahamut.Vinedrius said: »

God forbid the spoiled player base of today has to kill something with 3-4 people a few times to get an item they want.

People forget the loot systems of the past. Fight a mob for 2 hours, get nothing at all on a 3-5 day respawn.

Fight 24 nidhogs in a row without getting the adjuration you want for one person of the linkshell.

Its funny when people complain about how unlucky they are when loot is basically delivered to your d-box by comparison now.

I am just saying that it isn't logical, take tier 2 sky NMs for example, to have 3 weapons and 4 abjurations share the same drop slot, even if they have seamingly identical drop rates. Good luck finding the weapon you Do want among a bunch of papers and weapons nobody really desires due to the current meta.

The game has changed drastically over the years. It is true that we had abysmal drop rates in the past. Today, we do have better drop rates, but too much crap we need to dig into to find what we came for. It is simply annoying to say the least in this age of rapid consumption. Why would I not expect the drop mechanisms to be more in lines with the current situation of the game?
 Cerberus.Midgitis
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Midgitis 2015-12-09 07:04:52
Link | Quote | Reply

The developers do not care about the "meta". You're upset the drop table is flooded on stuff that is currently unappealing yet it makes almost perfect sense in how they designed the tier 2 mobs.

You can't say loot tables are not logical because you don't like getting 2 drg polearms and v. adj head before you get your sch staff. That is just showing ignorance because your job bias does not appeal to jobs outside your perceived meta.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-12-09 07:09:00
Link | Quote | Reply

This is a thread dedicated to blue mage, not a discussion concerning loot tables. Take it into another thread if you wish to continue the conversation.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-12-09 08:13:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Server activity is probably a topic for another thread.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2015-12-09 08:28:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Midgitis said: »
The developers do not care about the "meta". You're upset the drop table is flooded on stuff that is currently unappealing yet it makes almost perfect sense in how they designed the tier 2 mobs.

You can't say loot tables are not logical because you don't like getting 2 drg polearms and v. adj head before you get your sch staff. That is just showing ignorance because your job bias does not appeal to jobs outside your perceived meta.

They are not logical because it isn't fair for anybody, not because I can't get my item. This has nothing to do with job bias. I haven't even uncursed any new abjuration and I already have almost all the papers I would ever need and lolblu sword. But I have watched my linkshell spam the hell out of the chair guy for days to get clubs for our GEOs and it was a painful experience as I was also there almost the entire time.

I wouldn't mind at all if those NMs had 3 weapons in one slot and 4 abjurations in another slot. If you really enjoy having a 1/7 chance of seeing what you want (assuming they all have same drop rate that I highly doubt) on top of a relatively small chance to see nothing at all in this day and age, more power to you.

Although Oraen actually fueled the discussion even if unintentionally, I am shutting my trap now out of respect since he asked. Sorry for dragging this.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-12-09 08:46:56
Link | Quote | Reply

So, how about that local BLU spells game?

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2015-12-09 23:49:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ipoca Beret
DEF:99 HP+34 MP+38 STR+11 DEX+14 VIT+14 AGI+14 INT+19 MND+19 CHR+19 Magic Damage+15 Evasion+36 Magic Evasion+75 "Magic Def. Bonus"+6 Haste+6% Enmity-7 "Conserve MP"+6 Potency of "Banish" vs. undead +25

Sayadio's Kaftan
DEF:135 HP+57 MP+59 STR+25 DEX+33 VIT+23 AGI+39 INT+19 MND+19 CHR+19 Accuracy+45 Ranged Accuracy+35 Ranged Attack+35 Evasion+52 Magic Evasion+69 "Magic Def. Bonus"+6 Haste+4% Critical hit rate +5%

Vedic Coat
DEF:125 HP+50 MP+67 STR+19 DEX+19 VIT+19 AGI+19 INT+35 MND+28 CHR+28 Evasion+38 Magic Evasion+91 Magic Accuracy+20 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+43 "Magic Def. Bonus"+7 Haste+3% Enmity-4 "Conserve MP"+10

Tempus Fugit
DEF:16 Haste+14%

Tempus Fugit +1
DEF:17 Haste+15%

Ahosi Leggings
DEF:84 HP+18 MP+29 STR+17 DEX+26 VIT+11 AGI+38 MND+16 CHR+32 Resist all elements +15 Accuracy+35 Evasion+77 Magic Evasion+107 "Magic Def. Bonus"+5 Haste+4% Enmity+7 Physical damage taken -4%

Skaoi Boots
DEF:71 HP+65 MP+67 STR+12 DEX+16 VIT+12 AGI+33 INT+16 MND+17 CHR+33 Magic Accuracy+37 Evasion+60 Magic Evasion+107 "Magic Def. Bonus"+6 Enfeebling magic skill +17 Haste+3% "Cure" potency +7%

Plus the various updates to abjuration gear.
By Takisan 2015-12-10 00:30:29
Link | Quote | Reply

No update to mythic so far as I can see. 。:゚(。ノω\。)゚・。 Ah well, Tizona is still boss.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-12-10 10:10:12
Link | Quote | Reply

It's time to revolt against these blue mage imperalist scumbags!!

*shoots around, plants an Ephramadian flag and runs off*
[+]
By Clinpachi 2015-12-10 10:16:34
Link | Quote | Reply

No update to mythic so far as I can see. 。:゚(。ノω\。)゚・。 Ah well, Tizona is still boss.

I'm under 3k alex from finishing mine. Major bummer because I thought my timing was going to be perfect lol.
 Fenrir.Montaeg
Server: Fenrir
user: Montaeg
By Fenrir.Montaeg 2015-12-10 12:20:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Vedic Coat
DEF:125 HP+50 MP+67 STR+19 DEX+19 VIT+19 AGI+19 INT+35 MND+28 CHR+28 Evasion+38 Magic Evasion+91 Magic Accuracy+20 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+43 "Magic Def. Bonus"+7 Haste+3% Enmity-4 "Conserve MP"+10
(bye bye almaric! good thing they semibuffed you, lol)

Almaric doublet NQ is now 43mab 20Macc 38int 2 refresh and 3FC if you go path D so still better, unless you're looking at some mods I'm not.
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2015-12-10 12:48:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Did they nerf blu aoe or am I hearing bad info?

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2015-12-10 13:07:55
Link | Quote | Reply

So crush and subduction remain unchanged? haven't been on blu today as no gs= yuck
First Page 2 3 ... 236 237 238 ... 446 447 448