FlamesofDestiny LS(AKA Jackoffs)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Bismarck » FlamesofDestiny LS(AKA Jackoffs)
FlamesofDestiny LS(AKA Jackoffs)
 Bismarck.Singular
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Singular
By Bismarck.Singular 2008-04-27 13:14:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea so, Myst and I spent 3+ hours in Sky trying to pop Despot.

Despot spawns to Flames of Desiny LS, and they wipe. We watched as they all died, every one. Then we took the Despot and began the fight.

Everything went well all the way from 60% when we got it to 3% when I mischarmed a bird.

By this point the PLD from the LS is watching, and the second he goes unclaimed, he provokes it.

The sh*tty thing was, Despot still had hate on me. So it's stolen by this LS, and Despot is just beating on me and I can't even defend myself.

I die, but so does the PLD and Despot goes unclaimed again. Myst starts to cast Fire IV, but wasn't fast enough, the rest of the LS shows up and takes it.

So, these punks stole the claim, in turn causing my death, then tell me it was theirs to begin with.

I'm not sure about what part of wiping to Despot makes it THEIR NM, but whatever.

I just want to get the word out on these jackoffs. Back in the day the rules always were a NM is free to all once EVERYONE in the alliance is dead. After that it's free game.

Then agian I was a fool for thinking I'd have an honest chance at a NM like that when BST is as screwed up as it is and mobs go unclaimed every time you swap pets.

Finally,

FlamesofDoom LS, a friggin n00b LS that wipes to Despot, Claim steals, and caused my death.

Xeres
Tarah
Tydos <--- I think the leader
Tidusthestalker <-------- PLD who stole claim.
Liuddoh
Vye
Yondaime
Mulan

And more but I didn't get all their names. Bunch of friggin ***
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [253 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Stormyknight
By Bismarck.Stormyknight 2009-01-05 21:13:41
Link | Quote | Reply

sorry to hear that man; always sucks when people do not show courtesy to ther players.
 Asura.Ghikque
Server: Asura
user: Ghikque
By Asura.Ghikque 2009-01-05 21:29:51
Link | Quote | Reply

you said it yourself, you know BST has shitty luck with losing claim on things. It's your choice to solo up there and make your gil in that fashion. But it's also fair game, Yellow names means it's anyone's to claim. I'd blame your BLM friend for using a FireIV to reclaim instead of a stun.

Sky wasn't meant to be soloed, so don't complain when you get screwed doing something that wasn't meant to be done (although RDMs now solo most everything up there.) when the area was first designed.

Sucks you guys did most of the work and lost it in the end, but that sort of thing happens allllll the time. Live and learn and move on. Making a post here about an LS "KS"ing you isn't gonna change a thing. Perhaps you shoulda just left it at them wiping to an NM that most LSes have people duo or trio.

To the LS that wiped to Despot: LOL. Just hearing that this still happens makes my day.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-01-05 21:33:45
Link | Quote | Reply

For all you know, the PLD could have been acting alone. Back when I was watching an LS wipe to Despot I ordered my members not to steal until they fully wiped. The moment it went yellow our PLD provoked and took claim.

It might just be the PLD who reclaimed that's a jackoff, just remember that! Nothing worse than being discriminated because of the linkshell you're in.

Sucks what happened, but welcome to FFXI 2009. I believe courtesy is currently stuck in a time warp back in 2006.
 Asura.Ghikque
user: Ghikque
By Asura.Ghikque 2009-01-05 21:35:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
Sucks what happened, but welcome to FFXI 2009. I believe courtesy is currently stuck in a time warp back in 2005.

fixed.
 Asura.Kyjelly
user: Kyjelly
By Asura.Kyjelly 2009-01-05 21:39:12
Link | Quote | Reply

i agree with GQ, ***sucks but life is life
 Bismarck.Nimbusyosh
By Bismarck.Nimbusyosh 2009-01-10 15:23:44
Link | Quote | Reply

it's a DAMN shame when you get kicked from more LS's than me.

AT&T

Your one of the worst players, and people, on this game.

Go play WoW..... or jump off a cliff.....

both of those would make bismark a better server.
 Bismarck.Renowaik
By Bismarck.Renowaik 2009-01-13 18:29:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Some guy said:
it's a DAMN shame when you get kicked from more LS's than me.

AT&T

Your one of the worst players, and people, on this game.

Go play WoW..... or jump off a cliff.....

both of those would make bismark a better server.

Who are you again?
[+]
 Bismarck.Singular
user: Singular
By Bismarck.Singular 2009-01-15 16:09:43
Link | Quote | Reply

lol!

Alright, hang in there with me, this might be long-winded.

First off, I'm aware that this whole post was pretty much just an exercise in futility. However, I was pretty damn pissed, and this was a pretty effective way to vent my anger.

My general opinion of FFXI is, its greatest flaw isn't some game mechanic, or inflation/deflation, or even the amount of luck involved. It's the other people in the game that tend to ruin it for me.

That being so, I have leveled BST and RDM purely for their ability to solo. I do as little as possible in groups, tihs helps me avoid people like

Nimbusyosh; The only player to make it onto my balcklist twice.

Generally if I end up in a pissing match with someone, I put them on my blacklist and delete them a few days later when my temper is back to normal, I don't tend to hold a grudge.

Well, between Nimbus's idiotic shouting in Whitegate, or San'dOria [S], or the time we spent in the same LS where he'd constantly spam his stupidity through LS chat, we eventually got into a pissing match where I eventually told him I think he's a jackass and he had found his way to my blacklist.

Fast-forward maybe 6 months to a year. My in game friend (Real life Wife) Myst and I were duoing Gigas's Tigers as RDM and BLM out in vunkerl Inlet [S]. We are having a good time, making good EXP when a couple other BLM show up. Myst and I were about all the camp could support, and adding 2 more BLM may lead to slightly faster kills, but definitely less EXP.

I'm generally a polite person and while we had a search comment up, and while it wasn't beneficial to us in the least, I decided to invite them.

A little time goes on and they are ranting about how great the EXP is, so they invite just about every BLM in their LS to come join them... Next thing I know, I'm in a full party...

All together I think we were there for 6 hours. During that time they started asking if I had an End Game Linkshell. I don't and didn't really want one, but they invited me, and I accepted just to be polite. Once i equipped it, I noticed there were some good players there, and I thought it wouldn't be so bad.

Then Nimbus signs on with his typical LS entrance, I don't remember it exactly but it's something like;

"WHAT UP ***"

Or something partially insulting, incredibly stupid, and always in full Caps Lock.

I said to myself, "***, there goes that..." But I kept the pearl on for a few. He even said Hello to me in LS chat, and I returned the courtesy.

Next thing I know, I'm getting a tell from Nimb; the recap of the conversation is;

Hey Singular, I know we've had some past, but there are some good people in this LS and I'd like to let it drop.

To which I responded;

Yea, there are, and I'd like to do the same.

Which SHOULD have been the end of the conversation.

But then I got this tell;

But if you ever do what you did to me I'll kick you out of this LS.

(Note, I'm actually doing Nimb a favor for using grammar and punctuation in his side of the conversation, you can guess what he actually sounds and writes like form his above ever-so informative post)

So, I respond that I didn't ask to be in this LS, I don't need to be in an end game LS, and that he is still apparently a gigantic waste of existence and placed him once again on my blacklist.

After I dropped the pearl I thanked the people who gave it to me, and let them know that I had differences with one of their members and I wouldn't be keeping it. They told me Nimbus holds no weight in the shell and that I shouldn't drop it because of him, but seeing his name on my screen was apt to make my eyes bleed.

Recap;

Get camped on by BLMs
Invite said BLMs for a nerf in our EXP
EXP for 6ish hours, and get invited to their LS
Accept LS mostly to be polite
Spend 5 minutes in said LS before Nimbus signs on and threatens to kick me
Drop said LS

Quite the interesting day.

Fact; I've never been removed from a LS, nor was I from that LS.
[+]
 Sylph.Evy
Server: Sylph
user: evyevy
By Sylph.Evy 2009-01-15 16:48:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Im allways to afraid to post on furums incase you get systimatically destroyed or "flamed" or w.e the term is lol, but maaan the history you guys share is epic you shouldnt blist each other jsut keep going at it in an endlass game of of who can *** out the best then write a book release a movie become best friends for life and die happily :P all this from a small XI fued :P (yes im very stupid im aware of this please forgive me)
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-01-15 17:18:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Evy I thought that movie was made.... brokeback mountain...
 Sylph.Evy
Server: Sylph
user: evyevy
By Sylph.Evy 2009-01-15 17:46:53
Link | Quote | Reply

lmao <3
 Bismarck.Fiorenzo
user: Fiorenzo
By Bismarck.Fiorenzo 2009-01-16 09:40:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Nobody died happily in that movie. :(
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [286 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Nimbusyosh
By Bismarck.Nimbusyosh 2009-10-29 20:32:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Singular said:
lol!

Alright, hang in there with me, this might be long-winded.

First off, I'm aware that this whole post was pretty much just an exercise in futility. However, I was pretty damn pissed, and this was a pretty effective way to vent my anger.

My general opinion of FFXI is, its greatest flaw isn't some game mechanic, or inflation/deflation, or even the amount of luck involved. It's the other people in the game that tend to ruin it for me.

That being so, I have leveled BST and RDM purely for their ability to solo. I do as little as possible in groups, tihs helps me avoid people like

Nimbusyosh; The only player to make it onto my balcklist twice.

Generally if I end up in a pissing match with someone, I put them on my blacklist and delete them a few days later when my temper is back to normal, I don't tend to hold a grudge.

Well, between Nimbus's idiotic shouting in Whitegate, or San'dOria [S], or the time we spent in the same LS where he'd constantly spam his stupidity through LS chat, we eventually got into a pissing match where I eventually told him I think he's a jackass and he had found his way to my blacklist.

Fast-forward maybe 6 months to a year. My in game friend (Real life Wife) Myst and I were duoing Gigas's Tigers as RDM and BLM out in vunkerl Inlet [S]. We are having a good time, making good EXP when a couple other BLM show up. Myst and I were about all the camp could support, and adding 2 more BLM may lead to slightly faster kills, but definitely less EXP.

I'm generally a polite person and while we had a search comment up, and while it wasn't beneficial to us in the least, I decided to invite them.

A little time goes on and they are ranting about how great the EXP is, so they invite just about every BLM in their LS to come join them... Next thing I know, I'm in a full party...

All together I think we were there for 6 hours. During that time they started asking if I had an End Game Linkshell. I don't and didn't really want one, but they invited me, and I accepted just to be polite. Once i equipped it, I noticed there were some good players there, and I thought it wouldn't be so bad.

Then Nimbus signs on with his typical LS entrance, I don't remember it exactly but it's something like;

"WHAT UP ***"

Or something partially insulting, incredibly stupid, and always in full Caps Lock.

I said to myself, "***, there goes that..." But I kept the pearl on for a few. He even said Hello to me in LS chat, and I returned the courtesy.

Next thing I know, I'm getting a tell from Nimb; the recap of the conversation is;

Hey Singular, I know we've had some past, but there are some good people in this LS and I'd like to let it drop.

To which I responded;

Yea, there are, and I'd like to do the same.

Which SHOULD have been the end of the conversation.

But then I got this tell;

But if you ever do what you did to me I'll kick you out of this LS.

(Note, I'm actually doing Nimb a favor for using grammar and punctuation in his side of the conversation, you can guess what he actually sounds and writes like form his above ever-so informative post)

So, I respond that I didn't ask to be in this LS, I don't need to be in an end game LS, and that he is still apparently a gigantic waste of existence and placed him once again on my blacklist.

After I dropped the pearl I thanked the people who gave it to me, and let them know that I had differences with one of their members and I wouldn't be keeping it. They told me Nimbus holds no weight in the shell and that I shouldn't drop it because of him, but seeing his name on my screen was apt to make my eyes bleed.

Recap;

Get camped on by BLMs
Invite said BLMs for a nerf in our EXP
EXP for 6ish hours, and get invited to their LS
Accept LS mostly to be polite
Spend 5 minutes in said LS before Nimbus signs on and threatens to kick me
Drop said LS

Quite the interesting day.

Fact; I've never been removed from a LS, nor was I from that LS.

For the record, sing, I DID kick you.

But you've cleaned up ur act since then and we've made up.

Just thought I'd put that out there
 Fenrir.Cobblers
Server: Fenrir
user: Ntfc
By Fenrir.Cobblers 2009-10-29 21:03:33
Link | Quote | Reply

No one write on the post for 200+ days and then we can necro it again!
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-10-29 21:05:04
Link | Quote | Reply

User submitted image
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2009-10-30 02:01:04
Link | Quote | Reply

This post could get interesting.

Let me pop some popcorn, put it in a vacuum sealed bag, stick it in the freezer, then when the next post comes next summer all I have to do is throw the popcorn in the microwave and enjoy.

Ninja edit: BTW, do they shout in WG for ppl to join "Jackoffs" linkshell? Must really draw the Oprah crowd eh?