A Linkshell For Those Who Loved FFxi In 2004-2007

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » A Linkshell for those who loved FFxi in 2004-2007
A Linkshell for those who loved FFxi in 2004-2007
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Gilgamesh.Nynja
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: NynJa
By Gilgamesh.Nynja 2012-04-30 02:12:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Have fun camping Fafnir when you hit 75...
By knocker 2012-04-30 02:16:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I think many are missing the point. He's asking for a specific group, not event,gear,etc,etc. I don't think anything is wrong with what he's asking, if I had more time I would jump in his LS in a heartbeat. I miss the old days when I started, party and shell involvement. I still think ffxi is the best mmorpg ever in the world, and he's (and maybe others) are looking for that experience again. Don't put him down for his desire. He is looking for a way to have fun and asked if others would like to join him. Just another way to play the game. When my shell went to 14, after a couple months we talked about starting a static in 11 doing exactly what he's saying. Maybe it's nostalgia, or sentiment, but either way, let him do it, and find people like minded.
[+]
 Asura.Nanabi
Server: Asura
user: Nanabi
By Asura.Nanabi 2012-04-30 02:22:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Josiahkf said: »
you couldn't solo to 30 in a week back before all the exp buffs with casual gaming. no lol

2009. depends on job, even if not blm could easy get to 30 in 2009, qufim burn.

I'm guessing you don't understand what I meant by "knowing nothing about this game", I didn't know wiki exist till lvl 30 when I am further into game, I didn't know there are people shouting in Lower Jeuno till around the same time, I didn't know how to obtain most spells at that point. Didn't know much about AH so I was gearing for the wrong stuff (I started on club on BLM first, didn't know I need staves later)

If you give me the knowledge I have now and redo what was said, I am pretty sure I could've solo my way up to 30 in less than 3 days on a BLM.

plus, my first LS was full of no one, just me and a leader and a mule lol...
By Jetackuu 2012-04-30 02:24:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nanabi said: »
you couldn't solo to 30 in a week back before all the exp buffs with casual gaming. no lol

guessing you don't understand what I meant by knowing nothing about this game, I didn't know wiki exist till lvl 30 when I am further into game, I didn't know there are people shouting in Lower Jeuno till around the same time, I didn't know how to obtain most spells at that point.

If you give me the knowledge I have now and redo what was said, I am pretty sure I could've solo my way up to 30 in less than 3 days on a BLM.

no I understood.
 Asura.Nanabi
By Asura.Nanabi 2012-04-30 02:30:40
Link | Quote | Reply

guessing you don't understand what I meant by knowing nothing about this game, I didn't know wiki exist till lvl 30 when I am further into game, I didn't know there are people shouting in Lower Jeuno till around the same time, I didn't know how to obtain most spells at that point.

no I understood.

Well then, congratulations you just 1up'd me. :P

Just saying, this game can be hard when you don't know what you're doing.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Sawtelle
Server: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-04-30 03:15:18
Link | Quote | Reply

no I understood.

I spent my first 2 days running around town trying to find out what I had to do(it was my first(and only) MMO and I'd played maybe 2-3 other RPGs). Then I accidentally wandered outside and was like "OH ***THERE ARE MONSTERS!"
 Bismarck.Angeleus
Server: Bismarck
user: Munky
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2012-04-30 03:58:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Nephran said: »
ANYONE that has an issue with this post and it's reason for being, are plain and simple gear collecting sudo-elite. A game is about fun and entertainment..... This idea is about this concept. It is NOT about WHO has WHAT gear. It's about enjoying the content that WAS once fun to these ppl. WHY would u stop into to this post just to whine about how 'silly' an idea is or 'move on'. IF you have an issue with what the original post why the hell are you reading it.... Don't u have a VW run u might be missing? I'm sure there's plenty of ELITE gear and logs u might be missing. This post is here for one reason... to find ppl interested in doing things old school.... Its their option, so what kind of waster spends time looking in AH forums for threads the have no interest in doing?? so waste time by coming and posting absolute nonsense about how the idea is pointless or stupid. It really show's how much more interesting the new content is in ffxi.

Oprah Winfrey retired.
[+]
 Asura.Tamoa
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2012-04-30 04:03:33
Link | Quote | Reply

What I don't get about all this, is why would anyone want to purposely stay gimp in this game?

Although it's not for me, I can understand the wanting to exp the oldfashioned way, doing quests and mission and low level event along the way. Making a ls for that purpose could possibly be fun for a bunch of like-minded people. But restricting people from bettering their characters by not allowing them to do abyssea? Keeping yourselves gimp and unable to do any of the current endgame and what new endgame events that might be in store for us? Possibly restricting people overall by not allowing anyone to level above 75? What's the point in that? What's there to do for a handful of level 75s in FFXI today? Oldfashioned limbus? Einherjar? Good luck getting enough (good) members to actually do those events successfully as level 75.

I honestly doubt you'll find enough members that will actually stick around for more than a month or so to make your ls successful, sorry.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2012-04-30 04:07:45
Link | Quote | Reply

2hand jobs must wear negative stat gear to balance out the 2hand update and nobody is allowed to use hasso
[+]
By Malinari 2012-04-30 04:14:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Angeleus said: »
Bahamut.Nephran said: »
ANYONE that has an issue with this post and it's reason for being, are plain and simple gear collecting sudo-elite. A game is about fun and entertainment..... This idea is about this concept. It is NOT about WHO has WHAT gear. It's about enjoying the content that WAS once fun to these ppl. WHY would u stop into to this post just to whine about how 'silly' an idea is or 'move on'. IF you have an issue with what the original post why the hell are you reading it.... Don't u have a VW run u might be missing? I'm sure there's plenty of ELITE gear and logs u might be missing. This post is here for one reason... to find ppl interested in doing things old school.... Its their option, so what kind of waster spends time looking in AH forums for threads the have no interest in doing?? so waste time by coming and posting absolute nonsense about how the idea is pointless or stupid. It really show's how much more interesting the new content is in ffxi.

Oprah Winfrey retired.

And that's as much input u can give..... troll on
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2012-04-30 04:19:37
Link | Quote | Reply

i miss challenges like... having to walk up Uleguerand Range in a double blizzard up a hill infested with taurus for 15 malms just to jump off a cliff and do it all again and you know what?
[+]
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2012-04-30 04:29:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Not everyone shares the same idea of fun. OP, do whatever the hell makes you happy.
[+]
 Siren.Calnus
Server: Siren
user: Calnus
By Siren.Calnus 2012-04-30 04:35:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »
2hand jobs must wear negative stat gear to balance out the 2hand update and nobody is allowed to use hasso
I lol'd at the truth and irony of this....
By Pandaemonius 2012-04-30 07:24:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess to some degree, I can't wait until hopefully SE stops caring about FFXI and let's us do private servers.

Then maybe all those hopes and dreams...
 Asura.Nanabi
By Asura.Nanabi 2012-04-30 07:34:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sawtelle said: »

no I understood.

I spent my first 2 days running around town trying to find out what I had to do(it was my first(and only) MMO and I'd played maybe 2-3 other RPGs). Then I accidentally wandered outside and was like "OH ***THERE ARE MONSTERS!"
^
pretty much.
I remember my first day I spend half my time killing bees on BLM, I got to lvl 5 without knowing about tabs buff and /heal for MP.... so I would kill till MP all the way down by only using the spell they give your first job (stone!) and either death warp or MH, that didn't fly when I passed lvl 5 though LOL

think a 100+ of my death count, according to those anniversary NPCs... are from the first day.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-04-30 09:01:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah.. I didn't realize you could rest to get MP and HP back until level 5 or so. Those runs to the mog house each time were so much fun. This was before signet bonuses, too. So, you died really quickly.
[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
Server: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-04-30 10:34:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sylow said: »
So wait, you're going to recruit members, and then tell them what they can and can't do on their own free time?

Members having free time?

What is this madness.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Rezeak
Server: Ragnarok
user: Rezeak
By Ragnarok.Rezeak 2012-04-30 10:48:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Look i have a MUCH MUCH easier way for you to experience old FFXI just dat swap every mob with crabs add in a few crawlers and lizards and boom old skool Animal abuse XI

Also rememeber you can only use somepage when looking up quests or asking a /random jp how to do it
[+]
 Ragnarok.Kongming
user: koumei
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2012-04-30 11:01:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Rezeak said: »
Look i have a MUCH MUCH easier way for you to experience old FFXI just dat swap every mob with crabs add in a few crawlers and lizards and boom old skool Animal abuse XI

Also rememeber you can only use somepage when looking up quests or asking a /random jp how to do it
Crabs and Corn. You can't forget the corn.

I suspect more corn has been traded in the history of FFXI than exists at any given time in reality.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2012-04-30 11:43:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinjo said: »
Yeah.. I didn't realize you could rest to get MP and HP back until level 5 or so. Those runs to the mog house each time were so much fun. This was before signet bonuses, too. So, you died really quickly.

I got really lucky where this was concerned :D I was busy trying to run around with the mouse, like the pro I was, and I ended up walking into a couple people at North Sandy Ronfaure exit who worked out I was new XD

They hung around with me for a bit and told me the basics (and helped me with my first rank mission :D!) before they went off on their own, then this guy from my (current) LS turned up on DRG and gave me a pearl, so I was only really completely lost for like 10-15min, then I pestered people so much :D I swear they would've killed me if they knew where to find me XD
 Bahamut.Colonelace
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Colonelace 2012-04-30 11:56:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Since I see this thread has turned into a reminiscence thread, when I first started playing the game I had the little manual that I read on the way home and I had the bradly guide or w/e it was(worst thing ever) so as soon as I made my toon I /shout where do I kill things got a tell within a min and was shown where to go kill and where to post in AH. I asked how do I make money and was handed a fishing rod and was told moat carps lol I used to do that and go to ghelsba outpost to get ebony logs which were 15k in my days I thought I was rich lol. I think I quit twice on my first character though out of frustration, later made a new one and been playing that one ever since.
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2012-04-30 12:05:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I find this humorous. People post on the forums that the game is too easy, boring, and that they miss the old ffxi. Response is hey man, you can always sync at 75 and still do the same old content it didn't go away. Some guy takes the suggestion and gets a bizzallion posts about this is stupid, why would you do this, etc. I got a feeling the same people posting these stupid responses are the same ones who don't empty out their VW box...

Anyways OP good luck. I hope you find some excitement!
 Sylph.Hitetsu
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2012-04-30 12:13:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Harpunnik said: »
Some guy takes the suggestion and gets a bizzallion posts about this is stupid, why would you do this, etc. I got a feeling the same people posting these stupid responses are the same ones who don't empty out their VW box.

I've kept out of the entire discussion to avoid "feeding the fire". However, people have been saying that restricting what people are allowed to do won't work (and hence, is a stupid idea). I don't remember anyone saying that EXP'ing outside of Abyssea is stupid, or that doing the older (less useful) events is bad.

Or even that syncing to 75'ish and doing anything is bad.

The only thing I can think of that people have said is a bad/silly idea, is completely restricting what your members are allowed to do. It's not viable to play a MMO and expect people to not want to progress. When the cap was 75, did you sit at Lv.50 permenantly because you "didn't want to level"? No, you did your Limit Breaks and went getting more EXP to hit 55, then 60, 65, 70 and then 75.

As others have said, it's a nice thought - but it won't work as a full time LS. Some events would be flat out impossible to do with the numbers that anyone can expect from this (Einherjar comes to mind), at 75. Others (such as Limbus), would take longer to do - but would be possible for a good group.

As much as anyone "craves" for the old 75cap back, they would soon want to be back on par with other people (the only reason 75 worked at 75, was because everyone was 75).
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2012-04-30 12:19:03
Link | Quote | Reply

dunes nostalgia
[+]
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2012-04-30 12:26:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Misao said: »
dunes nostalgia
Thats buburimu peninsula not dunes... or perhaps tahrongi canyon, meriphataud mountains or attohwa chasm :P
 Bahamut.Colonelace
By Bahamut.Colonelace 2012-04-30 13:03:24
Link | Quote | Reply

dunes nostalgia

lets be honest here that comic strip should be 4th frame whm showing up with flag down 5th frame putting it up and 6th frame already invited, because we all know back in the days a whm just had to log in to get a tell at least it was like that with my blm >.>
[+]
 Bahamut.Tyffanie
user: Tyffanie
By Bahamut.Tyffanie 2012-04-30 14:15:32
Link | Quote | Reply

people said:
lfg

/rage

ffxi = party not group...
 Asura.Krysanthia
user: krysi
By Asura.Krysanthia 2012-05-02 02:45:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Colonelace said: »
dunes nostalgia

lets be honest here that comic strip should be 4th frame whm showing up with flag down 5th frame putting it up and 6th frame already invited, because we all know back in the days a whm just had to log in to get a tell at least it was like that with my blm >.>

Same with me too ...flagged up and poof got invited to party on my blm. whm and brd..oh wait.. that still happens even today:P
 Remora.Morphius
Server: Remora
user: Morphius
By Remora.Morphius 2012-05-02 03:58:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinjo said: »
I read the little booklet that game with the game while it was installing :3 /heal