Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Sobek dual box question
Sobek dual box question
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: gymj1m
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2012-04-04 11:27:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey all, going to be starting sobeks soon and I was wondering if 2 BSTs would be a viable option.

I tried solo once unprepared and got him to like 25% then he decided to tusk my pet, thought hp was full but I guess not haha.

Anyways, tusk only KOs if it will drop your pet below 50%?
And also read somewhere that people were dying from bio not being erased no matter their hp?.. Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-04-04 11:28:58
Link | Quote | Reply

NIN + WHM if you are able to dual box.
 Sylph.Decimus
Server: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-04-04 11:48:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I would think bst duo wouldn't be the best option because pet tanking really steps up when their hp is below 50% with ducal guard and that's problematic for tyrant tusk.

However, THF and WHM is extremely easy. It isn't the fastest in terms of back to back kills because you don't have as many procs if you want to farm another set right away, but it was extremely easy and never in danger with the normal dd atmas (RR GH Apoc)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2012-04-04 13:08:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, I think I'll try thf and whm.

Is it a bad idea to attempt if I'm only 4/6 hp abyssites?
Thanks so much again!

Edit: would I /Dnc for stun? Or just eat the ga spells and spam cure?
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Server: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2012-04-04 13:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

whm/blm
By Fupafighters 2012-04-04 14:05:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes thf/nin and whm is a good combo. Just make sure you keep the thf 100% and remove bio right away after tyrant tusk. Rest is easy. And also make sure you stona immediately after aweful eye or it will go for your whm.
 Leviathan.Snakeslice
Server: Leviathan
user: neavep
By Leviathan.Snakeslice 2012-04-04 14:42:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I just solo him pup/dnc with SS frame, easy enough to stun any spell and auto is pretty on the ball keeping your hp capped and stona. Can always add in a war/thf for more procs and TH, would only be short katana/GK.
 Phoenix.Lagian
Server: Phoenix
user: Lagian
By Phoenix.Lagian 2012-04-04 14:58:22
Link | Quote | Reply

THF/WAR + WHM works well. Be quick with the Stona's and the fight isn't dangerous at all. Obviously keep the THF's HP up.
 Lakshmi.Bleu
Server: Lakshmi
user: Bleu
By Lakshmi.Bleu 2012-04-04 16:47:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Lagian said: »
THF/WAR + WHM works well. Be quick with the Stona's and the fight isn't dangerous at all. Obviously keep the THF's HP up.

I second this. My db setup was THF/WAR (4/6 HP abyssite) + WHM/NIN. /NIN offers almost nothing on THF as Sobek only has average accuracy and his AOE magic tends to keep shadows down most of the time.

Like others have said, keep HP topped off (I'd toss cures even with full HP to keep Afflatus Solace stoneskin up.) Don't bother trying to avoid Awful Eye, just Stona + Provoke immediately. Keep your WHM at a good distance (20') to avoid being paralyzed.

It is possible for things to go sideways, I lost one Sobek, but for the most part if you're on top of things you'll be fine.
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2012-04-04 17:41:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome tips, thanks for the advice I never really thought of using thf but more TH will be very bennificial!

Thanks again!