Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Primeval Brew
Primeval Brew
 Cerberus.Sephrin
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2012-03-29 09:14:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Did SE break something or was this intentional? I don't remember HP being able to break 9999 unless I just never paid attention.

I was brewing some Isgebinds and I noticed I was at 10k HP.
 Shiva.Galbir
Server: Shiva
user: galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-03-29 09:17:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe they adjusted this along with the attack on screen cap.
 Cerberus.Sephrin
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2012-03-29 09:18:53
Link | Quote | Reply

My MP stayed the same tho at 9999. Unless it was intended for HP only.
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2012-03-29 09:20:06
Link | Quote | Reply

What food were you using? If I remember correctly, food can cause you to break the 9999 cap when using a brew.
[+]
 Cerberus.Sephrin
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2012-03-29 09:24:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I was using Montagna for skilling up prior to the brew.
 Fenrir.Camaroz
Server: Fenrir
user: camaroz
By Fenrir.Camaroz 2012-03-29 09:33:26
Link | Quote | Reply

it gives hp
[+]
 Cerberus.Sephrin
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2012-03-29 09:34:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess I never noticed that.

Mystery solved!
 Fenrir.Terminus
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-03-29 09:45:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I always thought the melee food gave a little hp. Seems weird that the +HP from food would do it, but gear and atmas and stuff don't seem to. I also think it's weird that the number displays at all... like, before the update, we knew we had more than 999 att, but it just didn't show. But with this, we ARE capped, but yet it can show a higher number? Weird.

I also feel like I am not making sense. :D

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Fupafighters 2012-03-29 10:01:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
Fenrir.Terminus said: »
I always thought the melee food gave a little hp. Seems weird that the +HP from food would do it, but gear and atmas and stuff don't seem to. I also think it's weird that the number displays at all... like, before the update, we knew we had more than 999 att, but it just didn't show. But with this, we ARE capped, but yet it can show a higher number? Weird.

I always thought of it like "brew is consumable and modifies you depending on your gear/buffs to reach 999 stats. but it can't affect other things you consume, only what you're wearing etc" type logic. I remember using a brew naked with no atma at flux 1 when I got access to them, then throwing on all my gear and atma watch it weaken the brew lol -_-
Saaay wuuuuuht lol? How the hell.
By Fupafighters 2012-03-29 10:03:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think attack caps? Maybe it caps on certain monsters, but from my understanding, attack doesn't cap.
 Fenrir.Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-03-29 10:08:03
Link | Quote | Reply

That doesn't sound like the best use of a brew... I'm no expert, though and I could be wrong!

Fupafighters said: »
I don't think attack caps? Maybe it caps on certain monsters, but from my understanding, attack doesn't cap.

That's what I meant - that when the displayed numbers stopped at 999, we knew it was higher. But hp does seem to cap, but, the numbers kinda go higher.
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-03-29 10:09:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Attack caps based on the defense of the mob you are fighting.

Here is a link explaining how it works.
 Fenrir.Camaroz
By Fenrir.Camaroz 2012-03-29 14:18:51
Link | Quote | Reply

as far as hp/mp when i would brew (***was not looking good) on whm i would have coffee muffins +1 on prior to my mp would always go past 9999
[+]
By Fupafighters 2012-03-29 14:22:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Thoraeon said: »

Well yeah I know that haha. I'm just saying on most stuff that actually matters, I can't really see people capping attack on most of the NMs. Like VW tier 3+ for example. I thought people knew what pDIF was by now >.<
 Bismarck.Sylow
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-03-29 14:24:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Aaaaggeeeeehaaaaa.
[+]
By Fupafighters 2012-03-29 14:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sylow said: »
Aaaaggeeeeehaaaaa.
Hey I love that ws!! It gives me butterflies all over.
 Fenrir.Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-03-29 14:32:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Oy I guess I wasn't making any sense. I was just talking about visible numbers - Attack, hp, etc - not the effective cap vs whatevermob. I probably should have said "upper limit" or something similar.

All I meant to come out was that I was surprised to see 5 digits on HP and that those two number fields were treated differently.

Fenrir.Camaroz said: »
as far as hp/mp when i would brew (***was not looking good) on whm i would have coffee muffins +1 on prior to my mp would always go past 9999

Haha shows how much I pay attention - never ever noticed.
[+]
 Fenrir.Camaroz
By Fenrir.Camaroz 2012-03-29 14:51:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Oy I guess I wasn't making any sense. I was just talking about visible numbers - Attack, hp, etc - not the effective cap vs whatevermob. I probably should have said "upper limit" or something similar.

All I meant to come out was that I was surprised to see 5 digits on HP and that those two number fields were treated differently.

Fenrir.Camaroz said: »

Haha shows how much I pay attention - never ever noticed.

thats why you were dead :P
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2012-03-29 15:03:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't an Elvaan MNK be LOSING HP to hit 9999 though? :P
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-03-29 15:05:37
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread is now titled "WeWiped Reunion 2012"
[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2012-03-29 15:27:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I think that brew just "sets" your HP/MP to 9999 and your stats to 999. These are not necessarily the caps. Food is just the very last thing which is applied, so it goes over what the brew sets.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.