Ady-Fell Cleave?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Ady-Fell Cleave?
Ady-Fell Cleave?
By Bigrob2435 2012-03-11 15:59:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just coming back from a long break and I was wondering what this aby-Fell Cleave was all about.

Thanks
By mortontony1 2012-03-11 16:10:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Warrior uses retaliation and mighty strikes and has ~20-30 mobs around then and uses the AoE GA ws fell cleave to kill them all in 2-3 hits typically. Other verions exist such as charged whisker for blue and Aoelian edge for daggers, but the war one is the 'true' cleave.
 Cerberus.Draupnir
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Draupnir
By Cerberus.Draupnir 2012-03-11 16:26:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh, I just refer to Charged Whisker as a burn type situation, not really a cleave if we are using magic ^^;
By mortontony1 2012-03-11 16:39:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Draupnir said: »
Meh, I just refer to Charged Whisker as a burn type situation, not really a cleave if we are using magic ^^;

Yeah but people always advertise for cleaves and such and then come blu. Nbp really, but just thought I'd point it out.
Server: Asura
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2012-03-11 16:57:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Draupnir said: »

I say CW cleave if I'm doing it on BLU. More people know what you're talking about if you add in cleave, since that's how most people do it.
[+]
 Cerberus.Deadplaything
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Deadplaything 2012-03-11 17:31:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Fell cleave, is by far the most convenient way of farming Key items for NMs inside Abyssea, upon entering the zone you would cap your lights based off of what it is you are after, if key item farming then cap amber lights with elemental weapon skill kills. If you are going for xp you may cap your Pearl Ebon Gold and Azure. (Ruby is important to capping Ebon and Gold right away. Fell cleavers can do 1 of 2 things, they will have a PDT set and pull their own monsters or there will be someone who is more capable of pulling bring a crowd of monsters to them. I personally find it better to pull my own for the fast tp building. Being sure you have a white mage to cure you, you will pull the monsters into a circle or into a wall so they are easier to bunch up. The warrior will engage and begin fell cleaving, some Sekkenoki before start or use mighty strikes. If you are doing this with just one other person I suggest Mighty strikes every time, it will speed up the kill process and allow you to check the chests as soon as possible so there are no de-pops. IF you have help you will have the ability to cleave without the extra abilities. Your TP gain will depend upon the monsters hitting you, the more you have the more tp you gain but lose more hp. You have the ability to pull in A LOT of Xp, Cruor and treasure per pull, it is more effective than pulling one at a time and lowers the amount of maintenance needed for a party.
 Leviathan.Ayrlie
Server: Leviathan
user: Kimmy78
By Leviathan.Ayrlie 2012-03-26 13:58:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I found Red Mage to be better with Phalanx II (especially if its 5/5 on merits) than white mage in a FC party. Almost all FC parties on my server (including my own with my personal red mage mule) use the setup with -PDT gear. Most do Pearl/Ruby/Azure for money making setups, though some have done Pearl/Ruby/Amber/Azure for it - just give away key items to the leeches that want them. (Some of the items from brown chests still go over 30k a pop and come up on a regular basis.) Some of the FC leeches are in for the cruor or magian trials - not for the XP. I like going to Attoahwa cause the brown chests sometimes drop dam. ingots and dragon meat - both going at least 30k a pop and I see at least one of them drop per run. I been offered in the past over 300k to that zone boss pop set for someone else, and his ??? is not far from where I FC.
 Quetzalcoatl.Vileplume
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jarbino
By Quetzalcoatl.Vileplume 2012-03-26 14:06:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Ayrlie said: »
I found Red Mage to be better with Phalanx II (especially if its 5/5 on merits) than white mage in a FC party. Almost all FC parties on my server (including my own with my personal red mage mule) use the setup with -PDT gear. Most do Pearl/Ruby/Azure for money making setups, though some have done Pearl/Ruby/Amber/Azure for it - just give away key items to the leeches that want them. (Some of the items from brown chests still go over 30k a pop and come up on a regular basis.) Some of the FC leeches are in for the cruor or magian trials - not for the XP. I like going to Attoahwa cause the brown chests sometimes drop dam. ingots and dragon meat - both going at least 30k a pop and I see at least one of them drop per run. I been offered in the past over 300k to that zone boss pop set for someone else, and his ??? is not far from where I FC.
If I remember correctly, Accession+Phalanx > Phalanx II