users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » abyssea misareaux zone boss
abyssea misareaux zone boss
 Carbuncle.Ancientdragon
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Ancientdragon 2012-03-05 06:07:32
Link | Quote | Reply

so was fighting this nm last night and it used charm and after it used charm it goes white even tho all not charmed and there was another group there and they decided to voke our mob what do you all think about this type of players good bad ??
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-03-05 06:13:00
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not nice, but people don't care about being nice. White mob=fair game, that is the rule.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-05 06:13:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Suck less.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-05 06:14:44
Link | Quote | Reply

But seriously, just have your healers stand engaged and that won't happen.
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
user: Lillica
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2012-03-05 06:16:38
Link | Quote | Reply

The other night in dynamis a bubblegum monk was fighting an orc NM and got charmed, my group voked it and as soon as the monk engaged us I ran up and exenterator'd his face off cured him of his charm status.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-05 06:17:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Lillicarnage said: »
The other night in dynamis a bubblegum monk was fighting an orc NM and got charmed, my group voked it and as soon as the monk engaged us I ran up and exenterator'd his face off
That's what I'd have done. Kill first, voke later.
[+]
 Shiva.Xellith
Server: Shiva
user: Xellith
By Shiva.Xellith 2012-03-05 06:21:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Whenever I did that boss I had a stragegy - dont get charmed.

Btw from what I remember - monsters only go unclaimed if the last person to hit it disengages/gets charmed. I could be wrong though. Been a while since I thought about it.
 Carbuncle.Crollion
user: Crolion
By Carbuncle.Crollion 2012-03-05 06:24:21
Link | Quote | Reply

AD get use to it dude carbuncle is full of *** greedy retards ive seen it happen so many times isnt even funny happened to me 1 time after that kept my mule engaged at all times cause i dont trust anyone anymore
 Shiva.Galbir
Server: Shiva
user: galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-03-05 06:39:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless it was changed. He never uses Charm as the first of his two sequential TP moves, so as long as you can run from the first, you should never get charmed.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Ancientdragon
By Carbuncle.Ancientdragon 2012-03-05 06:43:39
Link | Quote | Reply

not sure what you mean ive stuned his charm and he just used it again right away
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2012-03-05 06:50:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Ancientdragon said: »
not sure what you mean ive stuned his charm and he just used it again right away
After you stun his second TP move it will use another random TP move immediately. Sometimes it'll be charm, sometimes it won't. But as previously stated, simply running is your best option.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2012-03-05 06:56:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, when duoing, make sure either; your healer is anticipating to wake you up from Hypnic Lamp, or your tank is turning after every auto-attack (after 50%). Sleep > Charm is pretty much all you should be worrying about on Cirein.
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2012-03-05 07:02:01
Link | Quote | Reply

so was fighting this nm last night and it used charm and after it used charm it goes white even tho all not charmed and there was another group there and they decided to voke our mob what do you all think about this type of players good bad ??

you failed to fulfilled the requirements to have ownership of the mob. thereby by the games and competitions rules you lost the nm to anyone that can take it.
the other ppl are not god nor bad. they simply played the game by the rules and did nothing wrong.

do you also complain when you have to pay when you land on you "competitors" ground in monopoly ?
when someone destroys you newly build H.Q. in Command and conquer ?
Hopefully you don't

Solution= don't loose claim.
nin + blu killing it off will kill it before it gets to do charm 4/5 times
and the 1/5 times have the mage cast a DoT on it while he kites it

would I had claimed it... NO.
its really not that much worth it for such and easy popset to farm.
it is much more fun just to claim it and ally up with the team and beat down their nm for them.

i did that with sobek a couple of days ago when tank and healer died to tyrant tusk.
bully it. ally up. proc'ed it, killed it. gave them the treasure.
ppl get happy about it much more worth it than 2 extra skins.
hell maybe you get some new friends that will help you later.

Invest in ppl and you can reap great rewards.

TL:DR: Whine less.
 Phoenix.Elspetta
user: Elspetta
By Phoenix.Elspetta 2012-03-05 07:34:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
But seriously, just have your healers stand engaged and that won't happen.

QFT ~ Have your whm engage from far back and keep Dia on it. It will only go unclaimed if you aren't engaged (when you are charmed you unengage).
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-03-05 08:08:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Sucks for sure. But just wait - this will happen again. And then something similar will happen, and again. Then you'll go to dynamis, and be outclaimed a few times by a swarm of ladybugs. Pretty soon, you're tired of it. One day, you'll see an nm go unclaimed - maybe being soloed by some random ninja, maybe something catastrophically bad happened to a pick up group - and before you can even think about whether or not it's "good" or "bad," you've already voked it and are triumphantly pulling it back to the rest of your group.
[+]