Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 830 831 832 ... 836 837 838
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-03-07 08:23:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Beau said: »
Anyone know the exact AOE yalm range for Asylum? Asking to know exactly how far in to run to the party while fighting (in my case Gartell if he lives long enough to switch from Thunder to Wind). I'm guessing it would be no different than Benediction's/Sacro's 14 yalm range per BG-Wiki.

Not sure, but you can turn on the blue circle in game and check for yourself
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-03-07 08:55:33
Link | Quote | Reply

pretty much all aoe ranges use entity radius, so they won't be the same on a galka as a taru, keep that in mind if you're looking at being precise to within .1 or .2
 Asura.Pergatory
Server: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2024-03-07 12:20:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't answer the question since I'm not at home currently, but honestly for melee burns I pop Asylum at the start of F regardless of what mode he's in. Thunder hand stuns the crap out of them even with Barthundra and it reduces DPS a lot. The faster you can kill him, the better.

Plus you run the risk of getting silenced when you run in to pop Asylum mid-fight, or people dying from lack of curing.

Once that fight gets going, with fetters popping out and wreaking havoc, the Curaga demands are high and you rarely have time to run in to do an AOE and then run out, people can die in that much time. Having the melees try to move him out of fetters just delays the fight longer as well, and I'm convinced it's not worth doing unless there's at least 3-4 fetters stacked up on them. Just power through it with Curaga bombs to keep the DPS up.

That fight with melees and no grav kiting is just a pucker-your-holes-and-pray sort of fight. (And I'm not sure how well you can really do the grav kiting thing without a PLD, it's something one of my groups did with their hard-mode Aminon setup where a PLD heals instead of a WHM.)
By Taint 2024-03-07 14:14:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asylum doesn't help with the stun, but the rest of your point is very valid.

Also we do the kite method if its going slow. We have 1 DD sub /DRG and after Asylum (wind hands) one DD runs away, the /DRG super jumps and finishes him off. Its pretty fool proof.

We have had good success with Thunder by just putting our two DDs on him and SCing. We also move him out of fetters since Thunder isn't dangerous beyond the fetters, its just annoying with the stun.
By Beau 2024-03-07 14:32:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so is the consensus to Asylum also in Thunder mode at the start or only if he starts in wind? And to be clear, asylum will negate what exactly in thunder mode, Zap? but not stun
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-03-08 09:20:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone got a balling Sanguine Blade set for WAR?

My current one gets the job done, but something something FFXI optimization game. Something something, I wanna be a Scrub +1.
By Nariont 2024-03-08 09:23:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ranked nyame, o.sash/obi where applicable/sibyl scarf/mab accesories/seething bomblet+1

Would be my basic guess, pre nyame your options are more varied in armor... well kinda, base or even slightly ranked nyame isnt far behind some of the aug'd reis stuff. Theres stuff from unity like augury cuisses+1 but thats a 10~12m investment
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-03-08 15:10:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »

My current one gets the job done, but something something FFXI optimization game. Something something, I wanna be a Scrub +1.
remember two big things that are "All Jobs" equipment- Archon Ring and Pixie Hairpin+1. The +Dark Affinity/MAB on them far outweighs standard things like +WSD or standard MAB in similar values.
[+]
 Odin.Boogs
Server: Odin
user: Boogs
By Odin.Boogs 2024-03-10 21:53:01
Link | Quote | Reply

How do I find out which music dat is for the top floor of Sortie? Thx.

Nvm. I figured it out.
 Bahamut.Noscrying
Server: Bahamut
user: NoScrying
By Bahamut.Noscrying 2024-03-11 01:49:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Boogs said: »

Nvm. I figured it out.

When people google search and find this comment, they will slightly clench their fist and under their breath say, "Then share the *** solution".
[+]
By SimonSes 2024-03-11 02:25:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »

remember two big things that are "All Jobs" equipment- Archon Ring and Pixie Hairpin+1. The +Dark Affinity/MAB on them far outweighs standard things like +WSD or standard MAB in similar values.

I wouldn't go that far to say "far outweighs" :P Last I checked pixie hairpin was barely winning for something, but I don't remember if that was Leaden or Sanguine and I also don't remember if I was compering against R25 Nyame or R30. I think my conclusion back then was, that it's not worth it to use Pixie for that 1% more damage, but a massive drop in every defensive stat.
[+]
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2024-03-11 03:38:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Beau said: »
Ok so is the consensus to Asylum also in Thunder mode at the start or only if he starts in wind? And to be clear, asylum will negate what exactly in thunder mode, Zap? but not stun

I don't Asylum unless it's in Wind Hands, and I follow the DD's in and use after a few seconds on pull to make it last longer.

If it's in Thunder hands I try to proc it to change and then run into and Asylum. Nothing he does is a bad AoE really aside from Fetters.
I haven't really checked for stun resistance for Asylum, I do know that even Fealty is useless for his Stuns, so I figure nothing can help much there.
By jubes 2024-03-11 09:27:53
Link | Quote | Reply

does Schah have some resistance to repeated ws or skillchains? we planned to let a stage 5 prime dnc go nuts superbuffed with brd (no aria) cor geo, but it became quickly apparent it wouldn't work. sc damage was in the double-triple digits sometimes.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-03-11 09:30:56
Link | Quote | Reply

It gets DT- when you let the adds pile up
[+]
By jubes 2024-03-11 09:57:48
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah this was from pop until 2nd add when we switched to killing adds, which is why it was confusing.
By K123 2024-03-14 11:14:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it true that if you try and RP a dyna neck and weapon at the same time they each get half of the RP and not both levelling at the same time?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-03-14 11:15:29
Link | Quote | Reply

The rp is split, so they both level at the same time
By K123 2024-03-14 11:18:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Yes, at half the rate? gdi
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-03-14 11:33:02
Link | Quote | Reply

K123 said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Yes, at half the rate? gdi

I mean, it doesn't "cost" you anything, so depends what you mean by half the rate. It's half the rate, but for twice as many items, so the rate is the same, really.

If a mob gives 10 RP to your neck, but you're also wearing a weapon, you will get 5 RP to neck and 5 RP to weapon. This is "half the rate" for each of them, but the same overall RP gain rate, realistically.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2024-03-14 11:51:01
Link | Quote | Reply

FWIW, you can even rank up THREE items at once on a DW job if you really want (neck and two weapons). It feels excruciating to get that little RP/kill though, even if at the end of the day it's the same amount of kills to max out all items.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-03-14 13:30:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Arent all the augments "Main hand only"? Why would you do two weapons?
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-03-14 13:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
FWIW, you can even rank up THREE items at once on a DW job if you really want (neck and two weapons). It feels excruciating to get that little RP/kill though, even if at the end of the day it's the same amount of kills to max out all items.
I'm curious how that would work. If it's being divided by three, does it keep track of the decimal places or does it just round everything down? If you get 10 RP for beating a W1 mob, would each one get just 3 RP, with 1 RP disappearing into the void, or would each one get 3.3̅3̅3̅ and after killing three enemies it would be 10 points per item?
[+]
By Nariont 2024-03-14 13:31:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »

COR i would assume
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-03-14 13:33:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Different situations. A Corsair (for example) might want three Rostams because the Path A is really good for shooting, Path B is really good for meleeing, and Path C is the only way to get +8 on Phantom Rolls.

Considering how quickly TP are earned nowadays, macroing in a job's Path C for whatever effect it benefits is becoming pretty commonplace.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-03-14 16:02:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you checked the values on this? Presumably it's not storing partial RP points, so you probably get rounded down and end up losing a bit more. (Whereas with 2 items, every earned RP number is divisible evenly by 2)
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2024-03-17 19:05:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »

Have you checked the values on this? Presumably it's not storing partial RP points, so you probably get rounded down and end up losing a bit more. (Whereas with 2 items, every earned RP number is divisible evenly by 2)

It has been years, but I learned this first-hand when I was working on ranking up a NIN neck and two Fudo Masamunes (path B and path C) at the same time. C for tanking mainhand, B had/has its niche uses for Subtle Blow II/TP with follow-up attack. COR with two Rostams is probably the more likely scenario, since multiple Rostam paths are still useful even today.

I didn't do any serious testing at that time (and again, it was ages ago for me, like, pre-2020), but it was definitely splitting up the RP between all three items. My assumption was that you don't just lose the fractional amounts, they just aren't visible (i.e., if 10 points is split between 3 items, you will only see 3 RP on the first kill, but it's tracked behind the scenes and after 3 kills each item will have gained 10 RP). Honestly can't remember whether that's the case though. It's possible that is incorrect and you actually lose fractional gains - in which case, certainly wouldn't be worth doing!

But as a practical matter, didn't matter to me anyway. It just FEELS so slow to do 3 at once even if you get full credit, so I very quickly switched to leveling up just 1-2 items at a time. IMO, better to get one done and be able to use it at completed stage as you like, then go through the process again for the next item.
 Odin.Boogs
By Odin.Boogs 2024-03-17 22:57:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there somewhere I can get the ximc program? I'm not having any luck finding a link that works.
 Odin.Boogs
By Odin.Boogs 2024-03-17 23:00:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Noscrying said: »
Odin.Boogs said: »

Nvm. I figured it out.

When people google search and find this comment, they will slightly clench their fist and under their breath say, "Then share the *** solution".
lol my bad. I googled and saw it was the song called "Goddessspeed." Then I looked in setbgm to find out what file the song is.

I can't stand that song so I changed it to a different one. It's pretty amazing how much louder new songs are compared to older ones.

Sortie is bearable again..! (If someone googling wants to know, it is: PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\sound\win\music\data\music035.bgw)
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-03-18 01:43:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you have to do the Vagary NM fights in Rakaznar Turris for each job?
 Asura.Yottaxa
user: Yottaxa
By Asura.Yottaxa 2024-03-18 04:42:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you have to do the Vagary NM fights in Rakaznar Turris for each job?

No, 1 time only per fight.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 830 831 832 ... 836 837 838