Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 826 827 828 ... 846 847 848
By jubes 2024-02-16 05:38:17
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.playonline.com/ff11eu/download/media/install_win.html

still takes about 2 hours to update, but the install goes pretty quick now
[+]
By K123 2024-02-16 11:21:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I really need to copy a macro set from one FFXI account to another. How is this even possible? I know they are stored in the files locally somewhere somehow, but how can I copy from one to another?
By ruckusMonster 2024-02-16 11:39:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm looking to cancel my sub for a few months and have some questions about it. I got the email today saying that my scription rolls over in 5 days, but that SE will be starting the billing process for next month.

My questions

1. If I cancel my sub now, will I still be able to log in for 5 days? or am I automatically locked out?

2. If I cancel my sub after the billing happens, but before my next month starts, will SE give me my money back?
By RadialArcana 2024-02-16 11:45:47
Link | Quote | Reply

in ffxi/user folder are random numbered folders, each folder is one of your characters. You can find out which is which by checking dates on the files / folders.

I don't know if the files in the folders can be copied over between accounts, but you can try if you really need to. Back everything up.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-02-16 11:54:52
Link | Quote | Reply

ruckusMonster said: »
I'm looking to cancel my sub for a few months and have some questions about it. I got the email today saying that my scription rolls over in 5 days, but that SE will be starting the billing process for next month.

My questions

1. If I cancel my sub now, will I still be able to log in for 5 days? or am I automatically locked out?

2. If I cancel my sub after the billing happens, but before my next month starts, will SE give me my money back?

1)You'll be kicked out/Unable to log at 3am in 5 days, not immediately.

2)Hell no, lol.
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2024-02-16 12:15:28
Link | Quote | Reply

2a) If you do ask for money back or they somehow double bill you and you put a charge back in because they don't refund money, you get a 3 day holiday.

I laugh at how stupid that is now, but back in the day I was so mad when that happened to me. During the switch to 3D secure cards, they billed my old card, then my new card for the same month. I put a stop to the one on the old card, then got a slap on the peepee for 72 hrs.
[+]
 Asura.Buffyslyph
By Asura.Buffyslyph 2024-02-16 12:35:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Do I buy Morgelai for the RUN I just burned up while I do an Epeo?
By K123 2024-02-16 12:38:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
ruckusMonster said: »

My questions

1)You'll be kicked out/Unable to log at 3am in 5 days, not immediately.

2)Hell no, lol.
I got kicked off the game at exactly 01:30 AM (GMT) both times I forgot I unsubbed and was still online.
[+]
By K123 2024-02-16 12:39:20
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
in ffxi/user folder are random numbered folders, each folder is one of your characters. You can find out which is which by checking dates on the files / folders.

I don't know if the files in the folders can be copied over between accounts, but you can try if you really need to. Back everything up.
Right but my question is if I find the one that is the one I want, can I duplicate it and rename it to cover the other char so it is exactly the same?
Not sure why dates allow me to realise which is which?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-02-16 12:40:50
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have X characters, the one you want to move you update last, you can identify which file is that character, by the date. Can't re-name it, the game knows the numbers matched the character.

Then you can copy paste it over
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-02-16 12:49:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Buffyslyph said: »
Do I buy Morgelai for the RUN I just burned up while I do an Epeo?

IMO it doesn't serve the same purpose. Morgelai is for regen received and doesn't offer much (SIRD I guess?) outside of that.

If you want a tanking GS while working on Epeo, Aettir is quite nice!

Even with an Epeo, you should (IMO) also have a Morgelai.
By K123 2024-02-16 12:58:27
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have X characters, the one you want to move you update last, you can identify which file is that character, by the date. Can't re-name it, the game knows the numbers matched the character.

I have Character A. I need to copy these macros to Character B.
Can I duplicate Char A file, rename it to Char B file name and when I load FFXI both have same macros?

I am not trying to move same to another PC or something like that.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-02-16 13:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ohhh. In theory, that would work, but I don't know for certain.

Worst case copy B and save it somewhere else, just in case.

(I don't know if it's completely safe or if it'll *** something up cause they'll both have different home points, ws's, spell lists etc)
 Asura.Bronzequadav
user: Autocast
By Asura.Bronzequadav 2024-02-16 13:47:35
Link | Quote | Reply

What's with the shortage of alluvion skirmish stones? Just recently came back and don't remember them being so scarce.

Was there a ton of people(bots/rmt) doing alluvion skirmish in the past or was it just more people doing trove?

Just curious.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-02-16 13:50:04
Link | Quote | Reply

The stones were a login reward, so people picked them up to sell. Alluvian is always low cause no one does it.

Gotta pay attention to login rewards and campaigns for price and availability trends
By K123 2024-02-16 13:59:58
Link | Quote | Reply

(I don't know if it's completely safe or if it'll *** something up cause they'll both have different home points, ws's, spell lists etc)
The same file for macros has all this info in too? It's not just macros in one file?
 Asura.Bronzequadav
By Asura.Bronzequadav 2024-02-16 14:00:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I see, what about +1 stones, are those mostly from trove? Isn't it just +2 from login campaigns?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-02-16 14:20:49
Link | Quote | Reply

K123 said: »

The same file for macros has all this info in too? It's not just macros in one file?

Don't know enough about it, other than there's more than just macros and settings in them

Asura.Bronzequadav said: »
I see, what about +1 stones, are those mostly from trove? Isn't it just +2 from login campaigns?

+2 from login yeah and Macrocosmic Orb Campaign, +1 hell tbh I don't know where anyone gets em anymore lol. Skirmish is rare, trove has them but not often, potpourri has em but expensive
 Valefor.Philemon
Server: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2024-02-16 14:34:38
Link | Quote | Reply

The stones stack to 99 so it's not easy to make a full stack unless you have a ton of mules for login campaign.
 Asura.Bronzequadav
By Asura.Bronzequadav 2024-02-16 14:36:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Duskdim +1

Like is this guy just coming off an absurd amount of troves or a massive multi bot dump of potpourri?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-02-16 14:39:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably buying low on other servers and then selling high. That kind of supply isn't sustainable from any source. They're worth 700k a stack on Valefor for example and he's selling for 1.3m.
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-02-16 14:43:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Probably buying low on other servers and then selling high. That kind of supply isn't sustainable from any source. They're worth 600k a stack on Valefor for example and he's selling for 1.3m.

Not entirely true. You can get shitloads of Dial Key #Fo during the Mandragora Mania Madness event. Those keys can be used to get these stones, among lots of other gil-worthy items.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-02-16 14:45:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah but this guy is selling multiple stacks of this specific stone. Hard to believe he got them all even from mandragora keys. Would assume he'd be selling some of the other ones too if he did enough mandragora mini game on enough mules to get that many full stacks of 99 +1s and +2s

Same logic can of course be applied to server hopping to be a merchant of fortune but idk what other explanation there is other than maybe they bought tons of them previously and ran out of uses for them so they're selling the leftovers
[+]
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-02-16 15:01:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Hard to believe he got them all even from mandragora keys.

I'm not saying he did, just that it's possible.

Edit: Between the Adoulin dial key campaigns (with lots of mules) and the MMM event, you can stack up a lot of stones, but they sell slow asf and there's better ways to make gil.

Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2024-02-16 15:06:50
Link | Quote | Reply

<_<

But that's from May 2022, so yeah not recent
[+]
By Guyford 2024-02-16 15:08:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Can I duplicate Char A file, rename it to Char B file name and when I load FFXI both have same macros?

You can just save macros to server, then load them on the other character.
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-02-16 15:10:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »

<_<

Goin' hard in the paint! That's like a billion gil worth of keys.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-02-16 15:13:30
Link | Quote | Reply

holy ***how many hours did that take lmao
 Valefor.Philemon
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2024-02-16 15:13:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »

<_<

Those are all from the mandy game? That's crazy.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-02-16 15:29:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Guyford said: »

You can just save macros to server, then load them on the other character.

Macros saved to server are saved on a per-character basis AFAIK, how would this work? Also I think he just wants to overwrite a single page, not the entire macro book.
First Page 2 3 ... 826 827 828 ... 846 847 848