Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 767 768 769 ... 836 837 838
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-01-12 05:02:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not discussing the theoretical value of the assumption, not at all, I'm just saying that in the only realistical context where I've managed to get a considerably large sample (Sheol C runs), my Fudo WSAVG has been always noticeably lower than Masa WSAVG regardless of me saving TP or shooting asap.

Let's wind back the conversation a bit.
It all started with someone asking opinions about Doji.
It proceeded with me saying that Doji is an awesome weapon, but possibly less attractive for a SAM who owns R15 Masa compared to someone who has zero RMEA GKTs.
Someone then legitimately said that in theory Doji Fudo spam at low TP is actually better than Masa low TP Fudo spam.
Hinting at... what? Was he even hinting at something? Maybe at the fact "hey! Doji can be better than Masa even for Fudo spam!"
And the discussion went on with me saying that in a realistical situation like Sheol C runs, I can hardly see the Fudo spam from a Doji owner beating the Fudo spam from a Masa owner.
Assuming compareable gear and identical buffs, of course.

To support this I quoted my personal experience (as a Doji owner) where I've never managed to get my Fudo WSAVG above other SAMs with similar gear and similar WS number at the end of the run.
Which kinda puts a practical question mark on the theoretical point of "hey, Doji can be better than Masa for Fudo spam!", supposing that was even a point go begin with, of course.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-01-12 05:12:56
Link | Quote | Reply

In addition to that, the initial sentence was about Doji winning over Masa in the 1000~1750 TP range.

Are we including TP bonus in this number, or not?
Because if we are, when are you ever going to be below 1750 with a Doji? Answer: never.

And if we're talking about 1000~1750 without including TPbonus, then in a scenario with Ikishoten, Zanshin and SAM roll, when are you ever gonna be able to WS within that range?
Answer: rarely.

Which again winds back on theoretical vs practical.
What use is knowing that scenario A can theoretically be slightly better than Scenario B, when A is almost never going to happen?
By SimonSes 2023-01-12 06:00:32
Link | Quote | Reply

In practical scenario Doji should also beat Masa WS numbers but only against trash (like up to 250VIT mobs maybe with right buffs, since you need like 176 dSTR to cap fSTR for Doji) with capped attack and difference will be even hard to notice by eyeballing.

My calculation was also for first hit. If you add rare TA/DA proc, Doji advantage drops to ~2.7% at 1000TP

Masa has also higher WS frequency, because it has slightly lower delay with mostly the same number of hits until WS. Ikishoten is also static +150 base TP, so it benefits lower delay weapon (Masa) too.

Asura.Sechs said: »
And if we're talking about 1000~1750 without including TPbonus, then in a scenario with Ikishoten, Zanshin and SAM roll, when are you ever gonna be able to WS within that range?
Answer: rarely.

We are talking about this situation.

So if we talk about Fudo WS damage, Doji could win in right scenario (low VIT target with capped attack and TP below ~1700).
If we talk about DPS during Fudo spam, Doji wont win, unless you have uncapped accuracy.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2023-01-13 07:16:02
Link | Quote | Reply

less of a random question and more of a PSA:

I have known that Sylvie (UC) swaps Indi-Fury for Indi-Precision based on hit rate for a long time, but today I noticed that she was giving my COR Precision even though hit rate is good. Looks like she's going off Ranged Hit Rate for COR (and likely RNG), and my Anarchy +2 means I get Precision. Bummer!
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-01-13 08:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe try a corsair bullet for that sweet 25 racc and see if she changes her mind

Usually with anarchy no one bothered with a bullet
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2023-01-14 02:06:08
Link | Quote | Reply

The desktop icon for XI broke, so I repaired, and then my game become window mode, so I corrected that in FFXI Config.

But now it's like, idk, there's bright haze over everything? Anyone know what that's about?

I'm not running any mods/any windower anything so...
By DaneBlood 2023-01-15 15:41:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Does regal cuffs get the artifact/regal set bonus ?
By Nariont 2023-01-15 15:43:58
Link | Quote | Reply

No, you get ring/earring/belt for set bonuses
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Draylo 2023-01-16 17:29:53
Link | Quote | Reply

The other day my chat kept saying "The Ifrit defeats x"

Now today it says "Ifrit defeats x"

is that a battlemod glitch maybe?
By RadialArcana 2023-01-16 18:07:08
Link | Quote | Reply

If Ifrit used twitter he would be outraged by that.

It sounds like a bug, do you have the most recent version.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2023-01-16 18:21:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Last update to battlemod was nearly a year ago.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2023-01-17 20:04:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Have the Ambuscade capes always been in the gobbie pool?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-01-17 20:09:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ambuscade capes, no
Reive capes, yes
 Bismarck.Firedemon
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2023-01-17 20:41:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Whoops, ya, meant Reive capes. Thanks.
[+]
By Dunbar 2023-01-17 22:26:36
Link | Quote | Reply

In Ambuscade V2 are the golden bombs +100 hallmarks per, or is there some other mechanic I am missing?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-01-17 22:28:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Dunbar said: »
In Ambuscade V2 are the golden bombs +100 hallmarks per, or is there some other mechanic I am missing?

+100, yes
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2023-01-23 04:50:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Trying to log in to my characters. I get all the way to the loading screen and then get a 3001 error. Is there some kind of outage?

I just installed docker desktop, so alternatively I might have messed up my networking somehow.

Edit: Reboot with Docker Desktop disabled fixed it. Sorry to the other chocobo racers (aka NPCs), but I'm going to take this gold cup.
[+]
By Draylo 2023-01-23 19:37:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm having an issue with some addon, cant figure out which. It has some kind of memory leak because after a while like a couple hours, it starts to drop my FPS to 5 only in battles. So probably related to battles, but can't figure out which.
 Asura.Itsasaga
user: xXSagaXx
By Asura.Itsasaga 2023-01-23 22:42:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I'm having an issue with some addon, cant figure out which. It has some kind of memory leak because after a while like a couple hours, it starts to drop my FPS to 5 only in battles. So probably related to battles, but can't figure out which.

Itemizer? If not, no clue...
By Draylo 2023-01-23 22:54:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope, unloaded it and same problem. Its like the moment the party engages in battle I drop to like 1~5 FPS. If I tab out the screen and I cant even tab back because the lag is so bad.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-01-23 22:57:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Logger did that type of thing to me once. You really do have to just start pickin' em off one by one.
 Bismarck.Xurion
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2023-01-24 02:50:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Nope, unloaded it and same problem. Its like the moment the party engages in battle I drop to like 1~5 FPS. If I tab out the screen and I cant even tab back because the lag is so bad.
You can see how much memory each addon is using: //lua memory
[+]
 Odin.Tasukaru
Server: Odin
user: Jikoshy
By Odin.Tasukaru 2023-01-24 06:32:26
Link | Quote | Reply

AMAN Trove: Mars vs Venus: Is the difference the quality of what is inside loud thuds or quantity of loud thuds that appear? Wondering if its better just to save up for Venus if im just gonna get the same crap I could get the same things from mars.

Not sure if theres been much testing on this, but worth a shot to ask.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2023-01-24 06:41:03
Link | Quote | Reply

It isn't a different loot pool.
There are the same number of mimics (1).
Maybe the Loud Thud rate is lower in the first 8 chests for Mars vs. Venus (?)
Maybe the Loud Thud rate is lower for the exit chest for Mars vs. Venus (?)

Anyone know of a decisive difference between them? I swear I heard one the last time.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-01-24 07:11:39
Link | Quote | Reply

There's another AMAN specific thread with lotsa data.
The main variables that were highligted in that thread are:

Frequency of special chest when you enter the BC
Frequency of Loud Thud into normal chests
Frequency of Loud Thud in the Terminal Coffer
Frequency of Rainbow chest as 9th chest vs golden chest.

On the last point, some initial tests seemed to hint that 9th chest is 100% rainbow on Venus Orb, vs high frequency but not 100% on Mars Orb.
But I wouldn't take that for granted.
All in all, despite the considerable amount of data gathered in that thread, such data was highly unstructured and I don't think anything noticeable was proved (or disproved) in the end.

If you ask me I'd dare to say that a Loud Thoud is a Loud Thud, regardless of it being a Venus or a Mars. But then again who can say?
[+]
 Odin.Tasukaru
Server: Odin
user: Jikoshy
By Odin.Tasukaru 2023-01-24 07:16:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the replies guys. Thats been very useful :)
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2023-01-24 07:16:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Anyone know of a decisive difference between them? I swear I heard one the last time.
The final coffer in venus orb is never noise, always thud or loud thud. That's the only verifiable difference[using currently presented data] that I'm aware of.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-01-24 07:19:22
Link | Quote | Reply

What I've personally done with Silver Vouchers is the following.
Get Mars when you have a decent amount of vouchers and/or you have lotsa free time.
Get Venus when you have way too many vouchers and/or you're in a hurry and don't want to spend 18hrs opening chests.

Wouldn't say this is the most efficient route to follow, but I'm extremely lazy and I wouldn't do it any other way.

Altough the AMAN campaign (which recently appeared for the first time) might have changed that, steering people into saving their vouchers (instead of using them every month) and then spend them all together whenever the AMAN campaign pops up again.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2023-01-24 07:30:46
Link | Quote | Reply

We have no reason to believe there's any difference in the value of each occurance(noise/thud/loud thud), nor has any data been provided to suggest a difference in frequency. 'Thud's are objectively worth less than 'Noise's to most players.

Thud contains very few pieces worth keeping unless you're extremely new, and none are sellable. Given that mercing exists, the probability you will get a particularly useful piece from thud is lower than the probability you will get a decent value sellable from noise, and the non-sellables from noise do have occasional uses as well.

With that in mind, I would say the only reason to take venus orbs at all is if you're an extremely new player and you're hoping for *any* fast ilevel 119 gear. Since you're guaranteed a piece of gear from the exit chest, an argument could be made in favor of that. Otherwise, you're just assuming that it's better because it costs more, without any data to back it up.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 767 768 769 ... 836 837 838