Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 765 766 767 ... 839 840 841
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2023-01-03 11:09:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
I can't get WHM to skill up past 433 Enhancing skill. (MLevel 45, 8 merits).

BEW Pitaru, Moogle, 4 trusts, Liminus earring, 2x tache gear, etc.

What's up with that?

Buffing trusts uses the same roll as debuffing monsters as far as I know, possibly the trusts are not high enough level for you to reach cap on them?

Maybe try casting it on yourself or going into odyssey for Moogle Mastery(does that technically raise level..?).

Hmm.... Perhaps I'll give that a try, or just move other MLevel characters over to stand in range for extra credit. At this point I'm fairly convinced something is broken or my current setup makes it impossible to skillup because I've done >1 hour spamming barspells (and others randomly) and gotten no skillups of any kind with the above setup (plus Ionis). It's way worse than the skillup rate used to be before buffs, let alone after they increased it and added all these new skillup rate+ options.

I did also try without the skillup gear and also got no skillups.
By Nariont 2023-01-03 11:25:43
Link | Quote | Reply

While it's weird you havent gotten a single thing from spamming bars, things liek that and other natural aoes give very sparse/low skill ups to begin with, always best to just pop a trust and spam pro 1 until capped.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2023-01-03 11:50:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm.... Perhaps I'll give that a try, or just move other MLevel characters over to stand in range for extra credit. At this point I'm fairly convinced something is broken or my current setup makes it impossible to skillup because I've done >1 hour spamming barspells (and others randomly) and gotten no skillups of any kind with the above setup (plus Ionis). It's way worse than the skillup rate used to be before buffs, let alone after they increased it and added all these new skillup rate+ options.

I did also try without the skillup gear and also got no skillups.

I had assumed you were casting directly on the trusts, not sure how barspells work with multiple targets. Casting things on yourself or any other player has a much lower skillup rate in general than casting on any 'NPC' classed target(besieged general, trust, etc) because the latter uses the same formula as offensive magic skillup. I've never heard of any benefit to using aoe spells to try to skill up faster.

If your trusts are high enough level, spamming protect1 on a trust should be the best rate. But, I have no idea how the level requirements go for skilling up at high master levels.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2023-01-03 17:12:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm... 15 minutes, 0 skillups. I really think something is broken with my setup.

Has anyone capped their WHM mule's enhancing magic to the 50 cap?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2023-01-03 17:51:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I may need to. I put another half hour in and nothing.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-01-04 11:15:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Aside from Utsusemi and spells like Jubaku which don't have higher tiers, does Ichi-tier Ninjutsu ever get used?
By Nariont 2023-01-04 11:19:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Not really unless you want to count VW weaknesses, which could theoretically have ichi lines as a proc
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-01-04 11:21:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
Aside from Utsusemi and spells like Jubaku which don't have higher tiers, does Ichi-tier Ninjutsu ever get used?

For procs, I guess?

If you were doing leveled capped stuff, yes. UnderObs
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2023-01-04 12:21:29
Link | Quote | Reply

How do the high end Katana WSes stack up these days?

How's Blade: Metsu vs. Blade: Hi vs. Blade: Ten I guess? I wouldn't imagine that Kamu would be competitive even with Nagi's boost to it. But hey! Tell me Ninja things.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-01-04 12:29:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Perfectly usable, not great. Situation dependent which one you want, including ku and chi.

Solo/Trust kikoku has all those bonuses and metsu self skillchains, may or may not be the goal.
[+]
By Nariont 2023-01-04 12:36:26
Link | Quote | Reply

katana WS' are all kind of in the same pool of okay besides when Ten has high TP or you can abuse hybrids, especially the latter. Theres a whole thread of simulating every ws' individual high/low/avgs in the nin forums and yeah, kamu's very mid
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2023-01-04 12:55:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
How's Blade: Metsu vs. Blade: Hi vs. Blade: Ten I guess? I wouldn't imagine that Kamu would be competitive even with Nagi's boost to it. But hey! Tell me Ninja things.

(Prob should be in the NIN thread but oh well)

Occasionally, I use Kikoku for the easiest 2-step darkness known to man: Metsu > Metsu. Generally tent to use it when I'm bursting ice or the bulk of my damage will come from nukes, or I'm fighting something heavily resistant to physical damage (slimes) and I would prefer to limit the amount of TP I feed the target. With max buffs, Metsu appears to cap out around ~38k or so, so it's not your high-end spike damage WS.

Blade Hi I see similarly to Metsu for my personal use case, just making a 2-step darkness. I don't really use this WS much but it has great SC properties with common weapons so it has some use. I also don't have R15 Kannagi yet either, so no idea how competitive it can be in endgame. From my understanding, it's decent. I use it in Abyssea on trash, or if I need to deal crits for something and im not using Evisceration.

Ten gets a bit higher, like 42k-48k from my loose memory, could be better lately with some newer gear. I usually see that around the 38k mark for most things, but Savage simply beats Ten in every scenario I have compared the two in. I happen to like Ten as part of a 5-step Radiance, and I use it a lot when soloing.

I only use Kamu as a SC linker (Ten > Kamu or Kamu > Shun > Shun (MB)), but I don't have Nagi so it could be competitive.

You didn't ask, but Blade Ku is actually somewhat competitive, but I don't like its SC properties much. The real focus is just on the Gokotai. Being able to generate TP out of thin air is useful for a lot of things, and I sometimes defer to it if for whatever reason I don't have many buffs, which isn't often at all. But Ku isn't too bad with the right buffs. Shun should be, though.
[+]
 Asura.Yottaxa
user: Yottaxa
By Asura.Yottaxa 2023-01-06 19:14:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Alfylicious said: »
Since returning, I've been doing 1-2 sortie basement bosses a night in pugs. I have my main two jobs 5/5 empy +2 and 2 stage 2 prime weapons. Last night i capped galli and I've never seen a starstone drop. Should i eat ***and buy a starstone for 90k? Would feel awful, so wondering what others thought? Thanks!!

That sucks. Thats a tough call. Sounds like some bad luck. If you have any other jobs to keep working +2 I would just keep chugging away at those. Its kinda like as soon as you cave and buy one, one will drop on your next run heh. I personally have even see a few from the easy EFG chests solo.

If your getting into solid 1-2 boss runs - thats 20-30k a day? So worse case scenario if you do cave and buy one, your only "wasting" 3-4 days of runs. I'd try to hold out a little longer, but ultimately its your call. Feels bad.

Honestly the biggest bs here is the arbitrary bs 100k currency cap.
[+]
 Bismarck.Xurion
Server: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2023-01-07 05:45:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Our group had the same issue. And then over about a week, we had _way_ too many stones and the muffins became, and still are, the bottleneck.
By RadialArcana 2023-01-07 12:58:46
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're using great sword and you engage does the sword animation bug out sometimes where it kind of comes out horizontal? It's really bugging me cause I think it's a mod / addon issue.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2023-01-07 13:09:49
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
If you're using great sword and you engage does the sword animation bug out sometimes where it kind of comes out horizontal? It's really bugging me cause I think it's a mod / addon issue.
There's a strange animation for each weapon even in vanilla if you're moving while swinging, though it's usually only seen while backpedaling/moving side to side.

Moving while swinging, especially in an attack round with lots of multi-attack, you'll even see the swings come out in the wrong order(like offhand first but with the main hand damage).
[+]
By RadialArcana 2023-01-07 16:04:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Found the problem is is an issue with Jazero, it does this:
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-01-07 16:58:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Using JaZero?!? Thats cheatin bud.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By RadialArcana 2023-01-07 17:31:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Using JaZero?!? Thats cheatin bud.

Tripped, hit the keyboard and accidentally entered the konami code.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2023-01-08 18:28:40
Link | Quote | Reply

If I wear Hachirin-no-Obi on lightsday with double dark weather (Odyssey), do I get +10% or -15% cure potency?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-01-08 18:45:18
Link | Quote | Reply

- Not totally sure if -10 or -15 though

(Also account for chatoyant and twilight cape?)
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2023-01-08 19:02:28
Link | Quote | Reply

If I wear Hachirin-no-Obi on lightsday with double dark weather (Odyssey), do I get +10% or -15% cure potency?

Its -15% cure potency. You really need Aurorastorm if you want to use the all in one belt but Korin Obi will give +10% and 33% of the time have -15%.
[+]
By zithro 2023-01-10 06:37:18
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXI crashes when I log into my character who is in Sand'Oria; however, I have no problem logging into my mules in other nations. Has anyone ever had this issue? Not sure what to do about it so any advice is much appreciated!
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-01-10 06:56:54
Link | Quote | Reply

zithro said: »
FFXI crashes when I log into my character who is in Sand'Oria; however, I have no problem logging into my mules in other nations. Has anyone ever had this issue? Not sure what to do about it so any advice is much appreciated!

Do a file check, something got corrupted
By zithro 2023-01-10 06:59:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you explain how I do that and how I fix if there is a corrupted file? Thank you for your help!
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-01-10 07:02:53
Link | Quote | Reply

You just open POL and click check FFXI files from the menu
First Page 2 3 ... 765 766 767 ... 839 840 841