Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 763 764 765 ... 840 841 842
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2022-12-11 23:17:26
Link | Quote | Reply

You dont need mission progression to enter HT. You do need progression to enter the starway stairway.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-12-13 18:41:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a curiosity... if you change servers, what happens to the
"<Server No. XXXXX>" tag on Lu Shang's +1 and Ebisu +1? Do you retain your original server and number?
By Manque 2022-12-13 22:53:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Just a curiosity... if you change servers, what happens to the
"<Server No. XXXXX>" tag on Lu Shang's +1 and Ebisu +1? Do you retain your original server and number?

Yes, stays with the original server name and number. Permanent mark of shame/pride for your server jump.
Quetz 1-> Phoenix would show Quetz 1
[+]
By RadialArcana 2022-12-15 05:59:26
Link | Quote | Reply

How would the regions best be described, assuming the entire world map.

The Middle Lands
Shadowreign? (past, Atomos)
The Eastern Lands (Aht urhgan)
The Far East (Reisenjima, east from above on world map on same continent
The Western Lands (Adoulin)

Otherworld areas (Escha, Dynamis, Promvion, Abyssea
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Server: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2022-12-15 18:35:01
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
How would the regions best be described, assuming the entire world map.

The Middle Lands
Shadowreign? (past, Atomos)
The Eastern Lands (Aht urhgan)
The Far East (Reisenjima, east from above on world map on same continent
The Western Lands (Adoulin)

Otherworld areas (Escha, Dynamis, Promvion, Abyssea
With what, real world analogues or just how would we describe them?

There's no need to distinguish between Shadowreign and Middle Lands, since those are both just under Middle Lands.

Middle Lands I'd describe as incredibly mountainous, riddled with caves, and mostly desert (Altepa, Terrigan, Valkurm, Gustaberg, All of Mindartia except Zitah, and arguably Xarcabard since there's never rainfall).

The Near East (Ephramad, Aht Urhgan) are basically analogous to Turkey and The Middle East IRL. Apples are native to there in the real world(Kazakhstan in particular). Very much more like Turkey. They likely skipped out on deserts because we already got so much of that in the Middle Lands. Likely that there's deserts further east though, wherever it is they're clashing with the Far East. Heavily forested with deciduous trees only.

Far East is clearly supposed to be Japan/SE Asia inspired/implied.

Dynamis is a dark dreamland reflection of the Middle Lands created by Diabolos to be a repose laden paradise but infected by Raogrimm's Shadowlord persona.

Escha as far as I recall is the future state of the Middle Lands when swallowed by Cloud of Darkness's miasma or whatever the hell it is, but they've been wrenched back in time. Just more or less a radically altered version of the Middle Lands sutured inside of the Middle Lands in the same way as Dynamis by a different entity. It's almost like instead of a reflection, the future literally turned around and fell on top of the past, map wise.

Promyvion is a pocket dimension created by the Emptiness Selh'teus brought with him to infect the Mothercrystals so that he could get their light to Al'taieu. The areas themselves are more or less mothercrystal prolonged pocket dimensions which exist alongside each infected mothercrystal. I mean, for sure, they are the result of Emptiness being brought in direct contact with each mothercrystal.

Abyssea is literally just an exact reflection of Vana'diel as a whole, damaged and close to extinction.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-12-17 10:12:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Are there any home points that are close to (as in <10-20 seconds of running) at least 2 out of a unity warp NPC, a survival guide, and a voidwatch warp NPC?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-12-17 10:21:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Southern San d'oria 1 has HP/Unity/VW
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-12-17 10:46:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2022-12-17 10:56:56
Link | Quote | Reply

If anyone has the Elvaan Female and Hume Female different idle stance mods, can you send me a link.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2022-12-18 04:14:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Do relics get their acc/atk and/or additional effect while in the offhand?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-12-18 04:34:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
Do relics get their acc/atk and/or additional effect while in the offhand?

* No you don't get the attack/acc
* No you don't get the additional effect
* No you don't get double/triple damage procs

You get natheeng!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2022-12-18 04:51:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty sure you don't get the attack either.. but that could have changed. Don't have a relic handy to retest either.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-12-18 05:13:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, you don't get the attack either. I'll edit the above.

Just checked with /119Excal -> /Naegling. "Auxiliary attack" went from 773 to 811, which is consistent with Naegling's Attack +30 (and skill+8) working offhand, but Excal's not. Naegling also affected the mainhand.
 Bismarck.Xurion
Server: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2022-12-18 07:38:13
Link | Quote | Reply

If a mob can agro, is it true that it will always agro you if you heal near it, regardless of your level?

Are there any aggressive mobs that do not agro you if you heal?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-12-18 09:14:24
Link | Quote | Reply

If a sight based mob sees you, then it will aggro you based on sight regardless of healing. If it's too low to con aggressive it will still aggro healing.

If a sound based mob is close enough to aggro it will aggro regardless of healing. If it's too low to con aggressive it will still aggro healing.

As far as I know anything aggressive will attack you for healing. (to be fully correct, Pots/Urns/Elementals are aggressive to magic but will not aggro you for healing.... so there are aggressive mobs that will not aggro you for healing)
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-12-18 10:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
I'm pretty sure you don't get the attack either.. but that could have changed. Don't have a relic handy to retest either.
They did for a short period of time during the TotM era but that was fixed pretty soon.

If I recall!
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-12-19 05:51:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Since it's been a long while, how exactely did the original Dyna W3 Megaboss WS wall work?

If you use WS "X" on that boss, then successive use of "X" within 10 seconds will deal 90% less damage.

I assume this is based on the monster itself, so even if player A uses Savage Blade the 10 seconds timer start on the monster, and if after that Player B uses Savage Blade again, it will deal 90% less damage because it's within the window, right?
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-12-19 05:54:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
how exactely did the original Dyna W3 Megaboss WS wall work?

Rough summary, not exact mechanic for anyone inclined to perfection. If you use a WS, the next use of the same WS goes down by 50%. If you use it again, goes down by 75%. Then, 87.5%. But, using any other WS, ability, or debuff reduced all active penalties by a partial tier. So, as long as you had enough different actions frequently going off you could still use a weaponskill more than once per 10 seconds to good effect.

It seems this one is more targeted, and will require that you change WS or hold tp. It encourages skillchain use, since 2 people skillchaining at high TP could go every ~6 seconds and not hit the wall even if the same player is using the same WS twice.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-12-20 14:30:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Can someone remind me of the exact process to obtain Mamool Ja Earring from Meebles?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-12-20 15:24:19
Link | Quote | Reply

1) get maze voucher 7 (100 marbles)
2) get maze rune 5 (200 marbles)
3) get maze rune 13 (300 marbles)
4) get maze rune 94 (500 marbles)
5) make maze
6) ???
7) profit

Most of the time spent will be farming marbles if you can't find a maze to rent. Think the best return on marbles is 60-65 from killing the vermin boss (voucher 9, rune 101 103 104 or a similar setup, your server might have some marble farming mazes available for rent)
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-12-20 15:30:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Definitely voucher 7 with runes 5 and 13, but no 94, I think. I found 94 lowered drop rate by a lot recently when farming them for lulz / titles. Can toss other runes on to make it harder as well, although it isn't clear to me that they raise drop rate.

Also, you can get a friend to put it on the NPC.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-12-20 15:54:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Never knew if it could drop without 94 so never tried, good to know
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2022-12-20 16:04:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I was shopping on Asura for good and happened to notice this shout:

Hongan : «Ambuscade» V.1 VD «Clear Mind» 5M/run, «Fast Cast» «Do you need it?» «/tell»騫イ6惜 RuLudeGard

Is this dude really tryna sell a spot worth 3600HM for 5 mil?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-12-20 16:08:39
Link | Quote | Reply

No, he's selling 10,800 marks, and 4500 9000 gallantry, and yes it's worth it. Especially a new account. Pick up starter armor for free.

It's of course better to wait for all the groups to undercut each other down. When it's 4~ you get your weapon (mostly) free too.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-12-20 16:43:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Is this dude really tryna sell a spot worth 3600HM for 5 mil?

The price was double last month when nobody dared to touch VD1. It wasn't that hard, but it required people to communicate to win. That, or take an extra 5 minutes with RNG/COR shooting strat. And we all know an extra 5 minutes means people would rather pay for clears (or completely ignore them) vs being slightly less efficient. So 5mil for an easy month is right where it should start and diminish to 2.5-3m in a few weeks.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2022-12-20 19:37:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
No, he's selling 10,800 marks, and 4500 9000 gallantry, and yes it's worth it. Especially a new account. Pick up starter armor for free.

It's of course better to wait for all the groups to undercut each other down. When it's 4~ you get your weapon (mostly) free too.

Thats presuming a new account has seals though?

Either way...lolAsura. Y'all like crackheads who will sell ANYTHING possible.
[+]
By Draylo 2022-12-20 20:14:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I want someone to sell tokens
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-12-20 20:33:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
I want someone to sell tokens

Someone does. Just charges too much. (unreasonably much lol) I was like a mil per nyzul is about what I'd pay and they wanted like 100m+ for the 15 runs it takes.
First Page 2 3 ... 763 764 765 ... 840 841 842