Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 751 752 753 ... 836 837 838

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-09-08 11:16:40
Link | Quote | Reply

No, it's just how we read the question. I know the chatoyant day/weather bonuses are affected. I just interpreted the question as asking whether or not the chatoyant staff was better for hitting the 50% cure potency cap than irridal staff is all.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-09-08 12:02:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Disclai said: »
This isn't what they're asking. They're asking if this portion listed on BG:

Yes, but I felt it worth mentioning because an earlier post said only the cure potency. The staff has value in excess of the cure potency because Iridescence is quite good. It's relevant information to pass along.
 Bahamut.Galakar
Server: Bahamut
user: Galakar
By Bahamut.Galakar 2022-09-08 12:14:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Disclai said: »
This isn't what they're asking. They're asking if this portion listed on BG:

Quote:
Has the following hidden effects:
All elements: Magic Potency +15%

...Affects cure potency.

Fairly sure the answer is no.

Thank you. This is what I was asking about.
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-09-08 12:27:20
Link | Quote | Reply

What you said was:

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Iridescence effect on Chatoyant staff only affects offensive light magics, so things like holy and banish.

which is untrue. The msgic affinity that does not apply to cures is not the same as the Iridescence that does apply to cures.

The question was about the hidden magic affinity stat the staves have, not the cure potency stat.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-09-08 15:59:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Anybody ever have the Sinister Reign butterflies refuse entry into the zone? I tried about 20 times, with nobody in the zone coming in or out of SR (so I know nobody was there), and I kept getting the message that I was unable to enter, please wait a moment and try again. Tried the solo method as well as the normal. Still nothing.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-09-08 16:05:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm willing to at least partially bet that the "thing we did behind the scenes to alleviate congestion on sortie" had to do with stealing resources from SR

But I've seen "the hands of darkness said *** you for an hour" Just like in MMM, just like in legion, all zones that share resources.

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/59910-Unable-to-Enter-Sinister-Reign
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Galakar
Server: Bahamut
user: Galakar
By Bahamut.Galakar 2022-09-08 16:30:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Happened many times in the last few days. The worst time was 10 attempts before it let me in.
By RadialArcana 2022-09-13 16:57:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone with knowledge of fonts have any idea what font they use ingame for names, or something really similar if it's custom?

random picture from xiahimages to show font

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-09-16 16:48:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Stayfresh said: »
Is there a level requirement for entering Sortie?

Can you even progress through Adoulin missions and RoV without being 99 at some point or another?

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-09-16 16:54:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh I guess I didn’t think of just not having a job at 99.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-09-16 21:41:43
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
Does anyone with knowledge of fonts have any idea what font they use ingame for names, or something really similar if it's custom?

random picture from xiahimages to show font
I remember a long time ago wondering the same thing. This time I thought to look into a "what font is this" kind of reverse image finder.

I ran the name you showed through WhatTheFont and it came up with a decent list of options. This is the one I personally find is the closest.
It's called Sequel Sans Semi Italic.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-09-16 22:38:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I should know this but I forgot.

Does malaise do anything for skillchains. Does langour? They should
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-09-16 23:59:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Neither of those do anything. Magic Attack Bonus has no bearing on skillchain damage, and skillchain damage resistance doesn't take magic accuracy into account (just resist ranks which you can only change with Rayke, idk if the resistance rank reduction from skillchains lowers it for the next skillchain)

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Esdain
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2022-09-17 15:41:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there any way to restore FFXIDB plugin for windower to an earlier state or is a known issue? My minimap is wonky AF recently. It's all zoomed out in some areas. I miss where it was locked to only show distance of 50 away. Thoughts?

Edit: duh. nevermind. I should have just looked here. https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/40815/plugins-broken-via-version-update/102/

See posts of mine two below this. Problem resolved with click+hold minimap and mouse wheel adjust.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-09-17 15:44:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Same issue, mine zooms out to max every time I zone and won't update. Think we just need updates to the newest version but I've been unable to find it. (Unmotivated)
 Valefor.Esdain
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2022-09-17 15:48:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I used the //update from arcon's update Addon, but it didn't help. I'll relaunch and see what I can see.

Edit: Closed out of everything. Opened my plugins folder. Deleted the FFXIDB.dll file. Opened the windower launcher. Clicked on Plugins. Scrolled down to FFXIDB and it had the download/turn on thing so I clicked it. It redownloaded it. Relaunched FFXI through windower. Still the zoomed out map so that didn't fix it. Out of ideas now. Guess we wait.

Double edit: Taking my question to
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/40815/plugins-broken-via-version-update/102/#3640465

Can disregard. You just need to click and hold the minimap and use your mouse wheel, but it doesn't save when you zone. It's being looked into. Thank you. Here is a picture of a dog.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Stepth
user: Stepth
By Lakshmi.Stepth 2022-09-18 10:24:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Any other servers randomly have Jakoh Wahcondalo's Unity win the ranking this week?

It usually ping pongs between Sylvie/Yoran/Apururu on Lakshmi.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-09-18 10:28:55
Link | Quote | Reply

You had a shitpile of bots earning extra accolades that week

The scoring system still doesn't make sense though lol.

18x30~ zero to cap accolades + however many others did it too, somehow = 90 - Maybe 90 million accolades

but we're an hour into the new week and Pieuje already has 66 points so, it's just dumb. Likely won't even end with 66 total for the week, somehow it goes down too.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-09-18 11:08:38
Link | Quote | Reply

It's probably not linear. Unity trusts unlock after 5 points, maybe the whole unity's score is like.. number of people who have unlocked the trust * some multiplier(1/5?). Prevents the bots from having insane impact, unless there are a ton of them.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-09-18 11:17:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Pieuje had 66 points 30 minutes ago, now they have 10

***makes no sense.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-09-18 12:37:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe in the past they implied it has something to do with the average performance of the unity members, which would mean that shitty unities are easiest to swing, while popular ones are way harder.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-09-18 13:09:47
Link | Quote | Reply

JP wiki says it's the average points of all players within that unity, discounting players at under 1 point.

Sounds like Pieuje had a bunch of bots that had 50-100+ points, averaging out to 66, then a bunch of normal players that wanted unity rank 1 bonuses switched over and got some accolades, greatly lowering the average.
By Pantafernando 2022-09-18 13:11:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember back then it only needed my own mules to make the last placed unity to top next week.

And i think it was really just me, because when i didnt really farm the gain exp, them the popular ones used to trimph for the week.

Its more likely people with “popular” unitydont actually farm accolades, otherwise, they would change to last placed every new week.

The accolade cap probably affected that, but iirc, even after that, rotating my subaccounts were enough to be on top.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-09-18 15:13:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I know nothing about ffxi dat mods as a preface to my question

Is there any reason the in-game models can't just be replaced with skins from the character creation models of characters?
By RadialArcana 2022-09-18 15:46:24
Link | Quote | Reply

They have no animations assigned to them to do anything but what they do in the character creation, anything you do in the game would be a tpose. Also every piece of armor in the game is modeled to the body shape exactly for each race as they look, so they would literally all have to be all redone.

You can put them into unreal engine or something but you can't make them act like the ingame models or put any armor on them without remodeling it first.

Also I doubt the game can handle more complicated models anyway.
First Page 2 3 ... 751 752 753 ... 836 837 838