Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 729 730 731 ... 834 835 836
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2022-02-06 15:56:35
Link | Quote | Reply

It also says on the alluvion rala page as well as the cirdas caverns alluvion page that "Queller of Otherworldly Gales" is from clearing 4+ floors on either.

I am assuming that the title is only if you do not encounter the NM. It is also noted over there that the higher tier head item, the higher chance of encountering the NM. I am going to try a torso v along with a cirdas 1 next to see if i can get the title from cirdas caverns.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-02-06 15:58:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Try to clear some amount of floors without the boss, sure, see what you get to finally have the right answer.

If the bg stuff is right you get title 1 for the clear, OR title 2 if boss and clear but there's so much conflicting testimony from unreliable people.

Alluvian Assailant - Alluvian Yorcia 4+ with no Balamor
Queller of otherworldly gales - Alluvian Rala and/or Cirdas 4+ no Balamor
Adumbration Disperser - Killing Balamor's Adumbration and negates the zone clear title

(?)
By RadialArcana 2022-02-06 16:23:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Of the 2 original races, the Kuluu became Tonberries but what about the Zilart in sea?

Did the Zilart in Al'Taieu become Aerns?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-02-10 19:24:36
Link | Quote | Reply

So since all the ***is still broken I got bored enough to try to get an answer.

Skillchains (sometimes) make sense, and other times make absolutely zero sense.

How does Blade: Ku (Gravitation Transfixion) > Dancing Edge (Scission Detonation) make Distortion.

Dark/Earth/Light + Earth/Wind = *** Ice/Water

Every time I stop and actually think about this it never makes even the minimum required amount of logical sense.
I'll never understand why Light+Earth=Ice Water instead of Ice+Water=Ice Water. Ice+Water=Wind Thunder What the *** kinda crackhead ***.

The level 1's make (some) sense, the level 3's make perfect sense, the damned level 2's are all absolutely ridiculous. Every time I get bored enough to think about it, it annoys me.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-02-10 19:32:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Learning the skillchain chart from the escutcheon page is the ONLY thing that's ever helped me learn skillchains:

top element -> side element makes said thing in where they intersect

transfixion -> scission makes distortion according to that chart

IDK how or why it works. I just know that I have the chart memorized

And yeah, I know you're mostly asking why it is how it is, idk it just does what it does, ask SE!
[+]
By Shichishito 2022-02-11 10:11:07
Link | Quote | Reply

one thing that's noticeable is that lvl 1 properties aren't distributed evenly. for instance you have three ways to make detonation but only one to create induration. it's also conspicuous that, with the exceptions of the 4 that escalate into lvl 2s, all chains result in the closing element.

i think the first one has something to do with barance as they probably didn't want some jobs/weapons to have access to certain elements, the later one could be a concious decission for clarities sake and which is something that would probably have clashed with a "logical" approach.

on a different subject, if i use a circle JA like holy circle on PLD and swap into equpment with +undead killer or eat a garlic cookie, is the extra undead killer also transfered to my teammates or only the base 15%?

also, do you get access to the extra storage(or what ever it is) you get for registering the security token/app during free campaign or is it restricted like the wardrobes?
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-02-11 10:38:47
Link | Quote | Reply

The circles are separate effects than other killer effects.

If you use circle then you and your party get (base value) +15% killer effect, damage dealt, and damage taken bonuses. If you then put on 5% killer effect, you now have +20% killer, but still only 15% damage dealt and taken, and your party members have 15% for all three.
[+]
By Shichishito 2022-02-11 11:39:49
Link | Quote | Reply

+killer effect is just intimidation rate and doesn't affect damage dealt/taken? is the 50% from founder's breastplate calculated just from trait/circle or also from gear and food bonus?

since this months ambu is all undead, with garlic cracker +1, dual wielding 2 malevolence or purgations and holy circle you're looking at 47% undead killer, i'm wondering if it would be a viable option this month.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-02-11 13:09:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Killer rate is only intimidation rate. Founder's Breastplate converts total killer rate into damage dealt/taken, but they're not related normally.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2022-02-11 15:01:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Try to clear some amount of floors without the boss, sure, see what you get to finally have the right answer.

If the bg stuff is right you get title 1 for the clear, OR title 2 if boss and clear but there's so much conflicting testimony from unreliable people.

Alluvian Assailant - Alluvian Yorcia 4+ with no Balamor
Queller of otherworldly gales - Alluvian Rala and/or Cirdas 4+ no Balamor
Adumbration Disperser - Killing Balamor's Adumbration and negates the zone clear title

(?)

As a follow up:

Today I did a cirdas head 1/torso v/feet 1/ring alluvion skirmish. I had 7 floors, no balamor encounter. After killing the 7th floor mistmaw, I got the message that i "conquered all areas of this skirmish". Popped my key and I got the Queller of otherworldly gales title.

My guess is Rala is/was bugged. It would make more sense if we were to get the Adumbration title right after killing that NM, and then the other after popping the key. It still doesn't explain why i was doing endless floors with no message that the skirmish was done. When that happened to me, the mistmaws stopped dropping weapons, and I stopped receiving the "potential treasure" message in chat. Just endless floors.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-02-11 15:57:31
Link | Quote | Reply

So over the last few months, after every monthly patch, I've been experiencing the strangest of issue.
Some of my macro slots would randomly go pooof, just a couple.

So before the latest patch I made a new backup on the server.
This time a whole line was completely gone.
BRD book, First set, CTRL line.
Then I said "hah! *** you SE, I'm gonna recover from the server!"

I did load the set from the server again and now not only the CTRL 1 line is gone, but the ALT 1 line too!
Wtf is going on?
Is there any way I can recover?
Anybody else experiencing this ***?
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2022-02-11 16:16:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Where are the gamepad settings for ffxi stored? It's easier to just swap files around than it is to use polconfig and I want backups before I try to configure the crossbar plugin for 20+ jobs.
 Asura.Zigzagzig
user: zigzagzig
By Asura.Zigzagzig 2022-02-11 19:01:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Weird i had the same problem .... ans it was Brd macros
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-02-11 20:11:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I would lose macros occasionally at weird times, particularly ones I just recently made. I remember an instance where I made macros for an Odyssey boss, fought the boss with the macros, went back into the boss and the recently created macros were gone. Never logged out or anything, they just disappeared off the row I was using.
 Shiva.Carrelo
Server: Shiva
user: Carrelo
By Shiva.Carrelo 2022-02-11 20:47:42
Link | Quote | Reply

This happens to my SMN macros all the time! So often that I've stopped bothering to rewrite most of them :C

I think I've read a theory somewhere that macros can be wiped if you manually change the macro set (by holding ctrl/alt + up/down) too quickly after changing books/sets via the command line or other macros.

Almost all of my SMN macros were/are written to change my macro book and set (to pull up avatar-specifc macros), and it's pretty common for me to accidentally scroll up or down to an adjacent set if I forget to stop moving the camera angle while holding ctrl/alt to display the macro palette. I don't use a lot of nested macros like that for other jobs, and I hardly ever lose macros for anything but SMN, so this seems to fit with the "changing too fast" theory.

I think it can also happen to brand new macros if you zone or log out too soon after creating them? I'm sure there's someone who can explain what's actually going on with this issue lol
[+]
By Shichishito 2022-02-11 21:37:13
Link | Quote | Reply

experienced macro lines go missing too frequently in the past, developed a habit of making backups (harddrive, not server) when ever i changed something.

i very vaguely remember someone else having that problem and iirc he mentioned something about if you had a lot of entries in the "function select_default_macro_book()" that it could lead to macros getting deleted.

he said deleteing all entries but the default one in that function for the jobs that experience the issue helped him but i'd keep the backup habbit just in case.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-02-14 01:45:10
Link | Quote | Reply

If I wanted to backup macros not on the server but from my Hard Disk, what would I have to do?

I seem to recall there was a third party tool that did exactely that and I used it AEONS ago before SE allowed us to backup on the server.
[+]
By Shichishito 2022-02-14 04:45:18
Link | Quote | Reply

go to SquareEnix/FINAL FANTASY XI
and copy the USER folder, if macros are lost just replace the USER folder with the backup and your macros should be restored.
[+]
 Asura.Shiehna
By Asura.Shiehna 2022-02-14 05:16:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
If I wanted to backup macros not on the server but from my Hard Disk, what would I have to do?

I seem to recall there was a third party tool that did exactely that and I used it AEONS ago before SE allowed us to backup on the server.
The best way to fully backup your FFXI data from your computer instead of from the PoL server is by going to the FFXI config file under Windows (should be under the PlayOnline folder in your programs list in the Windows start button area). In there you go to the Features tab and then select the Save button under "In-Game Settings".

That creates a .xis file that backs up virtually all your in game settings for all your chars (Macros, Equipsets, Config Settings, Map Markers, etc). You can take that file and move it to another PC that has FFXI installed and load all your settings from that file. There's a Restore button in that same config menu which you can load the file on the other PC with.

Even if you only play XI on one PC, I'd still create the file just in case your XI install ever got corrupted and you have to reinstall the game. That way you don't lose all your settings. I usually make a new updated file once a month or when I do some major macro/equipset work on my chars.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-02-14 16:25:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone else's (Receive) Vorseals list look off? This is how mine is showing since the update. I have all of them, can't purchase any more despite the list looking the way it does.

By RadialArcana 2022-02-14 16:34:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Normal for me, using any ui mods?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-02-14 16:35:26
Link | Quote | Reply

None
 Shiva.Carrelo
By Shiva.Carrelo 2022-02-14 16:56:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you use an addon to buy temps instead of grabbing them through the menu?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-02-14 17:00:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, but I have always used temps addon and it used to display as normal, never looking like 7/2 etc. It's only recently shown this weird display.

I just zoned out just now and went back to Affi, and the Vorseals displays correctly. Odd. Changed nothing.
 Shiva.Carrelo
By Shiva.Carrelo 2022-02-14 17:11:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I think the vorseals list just looks like that if you open it after using addon to initiate dialogue with the NPC, and it stays that way until you leave and come back.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-02-14 17:17:21
Link | Quote | Reply

that's what happens when you open it while temps is still doing its thing is all
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-02-15 18:09:09
Link | Quote | Reply

If you had to do the Eald'narche HTBF today, solo with just trusts, with which jobs would you go there? Which trusts? Which difficulty?

I need to farm an item I accidentally dropped, wanna see which of my jobs would be the most efficient to farm it until it drops.
Last time I did this was in the early era of Adoulin, and we were doing VD with a full party lol

Edit:
nvm I guess, got what I needed on first (D) kill xD
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-02-18 00:33:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Does Aeonic Aftermath's "Increases magic burst potency" count toward the 40MBB cap?
First Page 2 3 ... 729 730 731 ... 834 835 836