Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 673 674 675 ... 842 843 844
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2020-11-03 18:24:17
Link | Quote | Reply

leveling synergy!

tradenpc 1 "Carnal Torque" 1 "Decimus Torque" 1 "Bilious Torque" 1 "Agelast Torque" 1 "Yarak Torque" 1 "Acantha Torque" 1 "Maskirova Torque"

that's way too long for the in-game text line, but you can windower script .txt it
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-11-03 18:42:54
Link | Quote | Reply

That's not the scenario

Would it work in game by 4 letters.
By mangoosedogs 2020-11-03 18:52:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have any suggestions for a good place to do trial 2361: perform weapon skills dealing more than 400 damage 500 times on monsters of type demon?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-11-03 18:56:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Abyssea - Vunkerl has imps flayers gargoyles and tauri (though doom makes those kinda suck) that's where I do demon type magian

Abyssea - Ulegrand works too, gargoyles and imps
By RadialArcana 2020-11-03 19:04:14
Link | Quote | Reply

mangoosedogs said: »
Does anyone have any suggestions for a good place to do trial 2361: perform weapon skills dealing more than 400 damage 500 times on monsters of type demon?

Yeah as Eiryl said, Vunk is pretty great. I did it on Imps and flayers.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2020-11-03 21:16:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I did Gargoilles in Abyssea Vunk
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Server: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2020-11-03 22:54:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Inner Rak has Gargouille types too, even Apex ones (Apex Vodoriga) if you can handle them.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Ruzaki
Server: Bismarck
user: roxya
By Bismarck.Ruzaki 2020-11-04 03:21:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried Abyssea but preferred doing the gargouilles in Escha Ru'Aun
By Pantafernando 2020-11-04 06:38:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yojimmbo said: »
Not so random question: Next month's ambu isn't completely new is it? Mamool Ja is Mamool MB, Wivre, Drg, BLM, and Sahagin MNK?

I dont think they specified what Mamool gonna pop.

I supose the first one, give the Mamool II was jusr 3~4 months ago.
By RadialArcana 2020-11-04 07:26:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I notice Blizzard recently made "input broadcasting" against the ToS and many multiboxers are outraged, since they were getting banned.

Is this what send is and if so can that start getting multiboxers banned here too? I'm assuming they all have similar systems in place to spot botting and send on the instances receiving the commands possibly looks very much like a bot and not key presses?

Quote:
As World of Warcraft has evolved, our policies have also evolved to support the health of the game and the needs of the players. We’ve examined the use of third-party input broadcasting software, which allows a single keystroke or action to be automatically mirrored to multiple game clients, and we've seen an increasingly negative impact to the game as this software is used to support botting and automated gameplay. The use of input broadcasting software that mirrors keystrokes to multiple WoW game clients will soon be considered an actionable offense. We believe this policy is in the best interests of the game and the community.

We will soon begin issuing warnings to all players who are detected using input broadcasting software to mirror commands to multiple accounts at the same time (often used for multi-boxing). With these warnings, we intend to notify players that they should not use this software while playing World of Warcraft. Soon thereafter, the warnings will escalate to account actions, which can include suspension and, if necessary, permanent closure of the player's World of Warcraft account(s). We strongly advise you to cease using this type of software immediately to maintain uninterrupted access to World of Warcraft.

Thank you for your understanding.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/23558957/policy-update-for-input-broadcasting-software
By Pantafernando 2020-11-04 08:13:24
Link | Quote | Reply

This can Potentially result to a huge discussion, whats not the purpose of random question thread.

I sugest to move it to a proper topic.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-11-04 09:38:01
Link | Quote | Reply

WOW can get away with something like that, XI straight up cannot.

We "talk" about dead XI a lot, but no more multi? That's inarguable.
By Rips 2020-11-04 13:01:20
Link | Quote | Reply

SE isn't stupid. There is no possible way they would implement something like that. It would deter hardcore legit players from playing and kill a bunch of botting RMT.

That would be a self-inflicted two-pronged attack on themselves.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-11-04 14:34:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Rips said: »
SE isn't stupid. There is no possible way they would implement something like that. It would deter hardcore legit players from playing and kill a bunch of botting RMT.

That would be a self-inflicted two-pronged attack on themselves.

This presumes that SE desires for FFXI to last. I still strongly believe they've hoped it would die on its own for the past 5 years, and the fact that it hasn't is a complete shock to them.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-11-04 15:01:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
WOW can get away with something like that, XI straight up cannot.

We "talk" about dead XI a lot, but no more multi? That's inarguable.
If they were to implement that, only people with multiple PCs/devices (or virtual machines) would be able to continue multiboxing.
I'd dare to say that's a veeeery small minority of the people who are currently multiboxing.

It seems unreasonable to me that SE would go that far, also they would lose too much money.

I don't want to say that Multiboxing in WoW was a niche thing, but it was nowhere as widespread as it is in FFXI and in all honesty it had a very different "role" than it has in FFXI, it's hard to make a 1:1 comparison just because both are "multiboxing".
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2020-11-04 16:24:06
Link | Quote | Reply

How hard would it be to implement workarounds? Couldn't you just offset the timing of the commands sent?
By tyalangan 2020-11-04 16:44:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I have been doing DI every single day since release and have never seen the point totals I received today. My first DI I got 54 points and my second DI I got 26. This is on multiple characters who all just stood there. Its usually 20/20/..., 30/30/..., 60/20, etc.

Yesterday, it was normal and I can't recall SE pushing updates without a patch/maintenance so what caused the change?
 Sylph.Reain
Server: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2020-11-04 17:00:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Number of participants is a modifier.

See here: https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/56243-December-10-2019-%28JST%29-Version-Update

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Tesseracta
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tussell
By Quetzalcoatl.Tesseracta 2020-11-04 20:51:37
Link | Quote | Reply

For trials like that, my first option is T1 Geas Fete NMs. Emputa might be nice if you have the vorseals/gear to resist his amnesia. Ambuscade V2 is also nice if the monthly monster is your trial target.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-11-04 22:01:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like to see a randomizer month, just for the bitching.

"We took an imbalanced group and got an *unwinnable battle for our setup, unfair!"

Admittedly this is WAY more effort than they would EVER even consider putting in. (I don't even know if the game could hold that much data for the zone etc) But it would put a smile on my face.

I'd even settle for a 50/50 with no v2 for the month.
[+]
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-11-04 23:24:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Any lowman non-SMN strats for HELMs?

Preferably looking to quadbox. Have an array of jobs I can choose from.

Been stuck on HELMs on 4 chars for months now and dont feel like paying RMT to do it for me.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2020-11-05 09:10:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Not so random question: Next month's ambu isn't completely new is it? Mamool Ja is Mamool MB, Wivre, Drg, BLM, and Sahagin MNK?

I dont think they specified what Mamool gonna pop.

I supose the first one, give the Mamool II was jusr 3~4 months ago.
They apologized once before for the same ambu twice, I wonder if they will ever apologize again in the future. I don't mind ambu three months in a row of the same stuff so long as they never ever bring back that moogle ambu.

That was a different situation because it was literally the same one twice in a row, with the rewards not even rotated, because they were unable to do a true update beyond just a monthly reset.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-11-05 10:29:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I'd like to see a randomizer month, just for the bitching.

"We took an imbalanced group and got an *unwinnable battle for our setup, unfair!"

Admittedly this is WAY more effort than they would EVER even consider putting in. (I don't even know if the game could hold that much data for the zone etc) But it would put a smile on my face.

They'd need to shift indices to fit all the mobs for each fight into the dat, which seems to have room. Server hosting code for each fight shouldn't be a limitation, if it were designed in a way that it could dynamically load in the correct instance. Server still only has to calculate things for the run actually chosen.

Doubt it'd ever happen, but it's a seriously fun idea. I'd like it.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-11-05 10:37:14
Link | Quote | Reply

It sounds fun, but in reality, we know what would happen. Everyone would either: take the calculated best group to take the most V1 possibilities, and exit if they hit a loser. Or the same thing, but with conduit burn, just roll dice until they hit a winner.

But in theory, I'd love it. Everyone has to ruin everything with efficiency. No fun allowed.

..But they could put a cap on the number of tries per hour or track a party specific seed, maybe party leader specific, idk, not putting that much thought into something that won't ever happen.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-11-06 08:17:03
Link | Quote | Reply

So I have a question for Chiaia, Rooks and all the other guys still working on Windower and FFXIAH.

When the shout box on FFXIAH broke up it was said that it was because SE changed some things in the chat packets and consequentially some updates had to be pushed to the windower addons/libraries that use the chat packes. One of this push was a little late with the consequence that some people with shout mules/bots logged in before updating Windower.
It's those people creating issues in the shout box.

Okay, that makes perfect sense.
Now the thing is that those problems are still present in the shout box though, and since then we've been having not one but TWO server resets. Meaning the servers shut down, meaning people were "forced" to log off and had to log back in, meaning of course this time their windower would've downloaded the right patches, meaning the problem shouldn't be there anymore, yet it still is.

So... I'm sure I'm missing something in this picture, but what?
By Rips 2020-11-07 01:40:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm now Tri-boxing and when I go to check my log in game, I crash on that character. Didn't happen with dual boxing.

Is it an addon? Craft perhaps? Or is 3 the limit of my shitbox of a PC?
By Pantafernando 2020-11-07 01:57:46
Link | Quote | Reply

You can try narrowing down the reason by unloading all addons you use then trying to cause your problem again, and slowly loading your addons one by one till you can figure the culprit.

I would say its some addon fault.
First Page 2 3 ... 673 674 675 ... 842 843 844