Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 669 670 671 ... 831 832 833
By Pantafernando 2020-10-17 07:03:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Thunderjet said: »
SO RAEBRIMM IS RAOGRIMM OMGGGGGG!!?

1. No spoilers (im sure many like me gonna wait a couple ofupdates before starting)

2. The name kinda gave it away from day one. Plus the plot revolving around beastman also points toward Shadowlord
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-10-17 07:50:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Thunderjet said: »
SO RAEBRIMM IS RAOGRIMM OMGGGGGG!!?

1. No spoilers (im sure many like me gonna wait a couple ofupdates before starting)

2. The name kinda gave it away from day one. Plus the plot revolving around beastman also points toward Shadowlord
Not sure why he said that or why here, but nothing yet points to them being the same.
By SimonSes 2020-10-17 08:19:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Like Toralin said above, I've seen this behaviour multiple times in several different circumstances over the years, but I don't really remember the details.

The only one I can talk about is the one that happened yesterday: Lumbering Lambert.

The PH in theory is ID 134 (I was keeping an eye on ID 087 too, just in case).
The repop of Battering Ram is ~10 mins and as a matter of fact ID 134 always repopped ~10 mins after the previous one (unless Lumbering or Bloodtear popped in its place, of course).
I've been camping it for roughly ~30hrs these past few days, alone in the zone, and two times the Battering Ram ID 134 didn't take ~10 mins to spawn, but exactely twice as much (~20 mins).
It's like it "skipped" a pop window, those two times.

Ram has super wide range of pop and you play on Asura. Have you been keeping an eye if someone simply havent killed it for whatever reason (even as rare as for Vana'versary ROE).
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-10-17 08:42:58
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Ram has super wide range of pop and you play on Asura. Have you been keeping an eye if someone simply havent killed it for whatever reason (even as rare as for Vana'versary ROE).
I was /RNG for super widescan range.
Also other reasons through which I can 100% tell you that nope, it didn't pop.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-10-17 08:49:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Also other reasons through which I can 100% tell you that nope, it didn't pop.

If 'other reasons' is any form of radar app, the client doesn't get update just because you're near where it died. If you didn't go within 50' of where the new spawn was, it would continue to show the last death location even if it had popped in between.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-10-17 09:00:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope, that's not the case.
Trust me, the PH "skipped" a pop, twice during a ~30 hrs period of time and, as Toralin mentioned, I've seen this happen plentyful of times on several different zones/NMs.

I was just wondering why this is happening, if there's a reason, if it's predictable or if it's just a random thing that SE created to make things more... challenging?
Or a bug? I dunno really, just wanted to discuss it with others.
By SimonSes 2020-10-17 09:02:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope, that's not the case.
Trust me, the PH "skipped" a pop, twice during a ~30 hrs period of time and, as Toralin mentioned, I've seen this happen plentyful of times on several different zones/NMs.

I was just wondering why this is happening, if there's a reason, if it's predictable or if it's just a random thing that SE created to make things more... challenging?
Or a bug? I dunno really, just wanted to discuss it with others.

Maybe they reset timers once per 24h and if ph is dead it resets pop timer again by full pop window worth of minutes.
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
Server: Leviathan
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2020-10-17 09:10:40
Link | Quote | Reply

It's just random, when I did Masa years ago a Japanese player and me waited 36 hours for Okyupete to pop. Now this didn't happen when I made Gambanteinn. It's just the game bud.
By RadialArcana 2020-10-17 10:12:44
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are only always killing that exact placeholder every time it's possible it activates an invisible NM for a while and then kills it to see if you chase after it, but most likely it's just a bug on the spawn timer. Maybe linked to JP midnight or something if it was due to appear right before force appearance around that time and so skipped one.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-10-17 10:14:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Nitenichi said: »
It's just random, when I did Masa years ago a Japanese player and me waited 36 hours for Okyupete to pop. Now this didn't happen when I made Gambanteinn. It's just the game bud.

*** that bird.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-10-17 10:15:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Small bug on JP midnight reset makes sense.
Hidden chance proc to skew people also does make sense, if I think about the old (very very old) way of thinking SE had many years ago lol.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-10-17 10:17:12
Link | Quote | Reply

SE GREATLY adjusted some of the Empyrean Weapon trial NMs several years after they came out, so that's less luck and just a difference in pre-nerf and post-nerf pop times. There's a good amount of luck involved, but they're never going to take even close to that long these days.
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2020-10-17 12:37:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
SE GREATLY adjusted some of the Empyrean Weapon trial NMs several years after they came out, so that's less luck and just a difference in pre-nerf and post-nerf pop times. There's a good amount of luck involved, but they're never going to take even close to that long these days.

Well I can you tell you this I am never gonna make Gandiva because of it lol.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-10-18 13:27:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Have they added those cait sith subligar yet, if so where do you get them?
[+]
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2020-10-18 17:57:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like it's part of the Halloween event and the page didn't get translated properly.

auto-translate from the JP site:
By Pantafernando 2020-10-19 07:42:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I would be really pissed if some maniac dev decided to put my face right in the middle of a tarutaru ***...
 Cerberus.Echohawk
Server: Cerberus
user: echohawk
By Cerberus.Echohawk 2020-10-19 13:08:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm trying to quad box WoC. BG says T1 spam can lock out 1hrs. Is 3-4 characters subbing rdm going to be enough? It sounds like damage dealt does not matter, so could /RUN help too? Also would Heady Artifice triggered 1hrs lockout 1hrs as well? He's such a pain to pop, and I only have 3 so I don't wanna mess it up.
I'm planning on going PUP tank/GEO/Roll COR/SMN.
Alternatively I could Real COR/GEO/BRD/RUN.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-10-20 04:58:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Anybody knows what's the yalms range of the Shout chat message?
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2020-10-20 05:12:55
Link | Quote | Reply

180 yalms

https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Command/shout
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-10-20 05:19:56
Link | Quote | Reply

And that's the radius around the user of the command, correct?
By Shichishito 2020-10-20 07:15:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

180 yalms

next question, how many lvl 1 mules would you need to cover every corner of vana'diel with RMT /shout messages to get around the spam cooldown of /yell?
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-10-20 10:23:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

180 yalms

next question, how many lvl 1 mules would you need to cover every corner of vana'diel with RMT /shout messages to get around the spam cooldown of /yell?

By Autocast 2020-10-20 16:04:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Monster rearing question.

Just aiming to rank up my monster rearing so have been interacting with beast and then sending it home and recruiting a new one and repeating, to get two interacts a day.

Now Rank3 and can get two monsters a day however every time I recruit one and send it home the npc gives me a message about messing up and returning it later and then not letting me recruit anything else, giving me only one interact a day, is this normal or am I doing something wrong?
By Pantafernando 2020-10-20 16:42:21
Link | Quote | Reply

At rank 3 you can get new one monster per day. At rank 5 you can get new 2 per day.

So, at rank 1 and 2 > care, release, raise new one, care again.

At rank 3 and 4 > care x2, release 1, raise new one, care again.

Above rank 5 > care x3, release 2, raise two news, care x2.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-10-21 14:20:48
Link | Quote | Reply

So as far as game lore, I wonder where Porxies come from?

This is sorta gross..

Reisenjima #3 has a camp that starts out with Fazz/Pigs, further down are pixies, even further down are Porxies..

Thoughts lol?
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-10-22 16:06:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Sup

Is there somewhere the maps from nyzul zones?

Thanks in advance.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2020-10-22 16:21:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyzul maps are randomly generated.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-10-22 16:54:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Kind of, but not really. They are still on existing maps, they just spawn doors dynamically to section off the existing maps.
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2020-10-22 18:15:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Did we ever figure out how accuracy varies by tp work on some ws ? I do think sidewinder is -40racc at 1000 but I can't remember/find the other value ?

I also remember Namas Arrow/Coro having the +100 ws acc but I can't find anything about that neither.
By Morihei 2020-10-22 18:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been gone for a month. Did I miss anything?
First Page 2 3 ... 669 670 671 ... 831 832 833