Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 664 665 666 ... 834 835 836
By Morihei 2020-09-13 22:16:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, I feel like I never really got a concise answer on Escha drops.

Is the consensus that pulse weps share a drop slot with other equips, but TH opens up that second slot a lot wider?
 Shiva.Berzerk
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2020-09-13 22:36:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Morihei said: »
Okay, I feel like I never really got a concise answer on Escha drops.

Is the consensus that pulse weps share a drop slot with other equips, but TH opens up that second slot a lot wider?

Shiva.Thorny said: »
It shares a slot with all other equipment, but there is a second slot that is not 100% so using TH will increase the chance of the second equipment slot, which in turn increases the chance of getting a weapon since each slot can drop the weapon.

There's 1 slot that has a chance at pulse. TH level can open up another slot that also has a chance at pulse. I'm not sure if they can both be pulse or not. It's not that it's "wider" it's you now get drops as if you killed 2 without TH with that extra slot added in. This is my understanding of the extra slot/drop system if it's wrong someone else please correct me.
 Shiva.Thorny
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-09-13 22:52:49
Link | Quote | Reply

This is correct. Each slot has a chance of being pulse. TH does not effect the chance of a slot being pulse.

TH effects the chance of receiving 2 slots instead of 1 slot. Since both slots can contain pulse, TH helps in that manner.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-09-14 01:28:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Is Garbage Gel immune to Wilt? Doesn't seem to do anything to fluid spread damage.

Dunna GEO knocking his attack in half should make it harmless, but still does a shitload of damage.
Maybe its Fluid Spread is special and has some defense-ignore (or similar) properties?
 Sylph.Herbs
Server: Sylph
user: JoeRogan
By Sylph.Herbs 2020-09-14 05:19:22
Link | Quote | Reply

How do you upgrade Aeonic? is it clear wave jeuno 3 boss once or something else?
 Valefor.Maurauc
Server: Valefor
user: Maurauc
By Valefor.Maurauc 2020-09-14 06:28:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Berzerk said: »
There's 1 slot that has a chance at pulse. TH level can open up another slot that also has a chance at pulse. I'm not sure if they can both be pulse or not. It's not that it's "wider" it's you now get drops as if you killed 2 without TH with that extra slot added in. This is my understanding of the extra slot/drop system if it's wrong someone else please correct me.

I can confirm that both slots can be pulse - I have seen two Routers drop off of Fleetstalker on one kill.

Sylph.Herbs said: »
How do you upgrade Aeonic? is it clear wave jeuno 3 boss once or something else?

Kill W3 Jeuno boss
OR
Deal 30 million damage to W3 Jeuno boss
OR
Deposit 10k Job Points to Oboro over (a minimum of) 14 weeks

Then deposit Detritus with Oboro to upgrade the augments.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-09-14 08:48:16
Link | Quote | Reply

If going to Oboro route, make sure to choose “Familiar” option, thats related to Aeonic.
By Buffyslyph 2020-09-14 10:08:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Apparently back in the day I started mandau, but now I want to do g.horn.

I got my "dynamis dagger" back from goblin, but can't trade him base horn.

How do I move forward on g.horn?
By Seraphpdh 2020-09-14 10:28:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Buffyslyph said: »

I believe you need to remove the dagger from your inventory before talking to the goblin. Put it in your mog safe.
By Buffyslyph 2020-09-14 10:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraphpdh said: »
Buffyslyph said: »

I believe you need to remove the dagger from your inventory before talking to the goblin. Put it in your mog safe.

Thank you so much, this worked.
[+]
 Sylph.Herbs
Server: Sylph
user: JoeRogan
By Sylph.Herbs 2020-09-15 06:43:28
Link | Quote | Reply

What is the difference between wave 1, 2 and 3 Dynamis D?

Is there a reason to clear 2 if you cleared 1? Is the only real reason to clear 3 to upgrade REMA? Can you upgrade relic to +2 clearing any?
 Asura.Brennski
user: Ogri
By Asura.Brennski 2020-09-15 06:46:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Entering a Dyna-D zone unlocks +2 for the piece from the zone.

Clearing W1 boss unlocks +3 for the piece from the zone.

Jeuno = Legs,
Windy = Head
Bastok = Hands
Sandy = Fee

All 4 = Body

Clearing W2 opens the W3 mobs.

Clearing W3 unlocks REMA upgrades again based on zone
[+]
By Seraphpdh 2020-09-15 06:56:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Herbs said: »
What is the difference between wave 1, 2 and 3 Dynamis D?

Is there a reason to clear 2 if you cleared 1? Is the only real reason to clear 3 to upgrade REMA? Can you upgrade relic to +2 clearing any?

Already mostly answered, but all of the information is shown in a nice table format here:
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Dynamis_-_Divergence#Currencies
 Bahamut.Unagihito
Server: Bahamut
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2020-09-15 23:07:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone ever used the Aldo unity trust and/or the Jakoh Wahcondalo trust?

I was bored on a mule and switched to Aldo for the TH, and just to try it, but its AI and/or Sarva's Storm seem have issues.

Assumption: Sarvas's Storm is supposedly "functionally identical" to Rudra's.

As a WAR, I was initially treating it like Ayame and I'd do Ukko's for it to close as it ONLY uses Sarvas. That seemed to work a few times and then it just starts spamming WS as soon as I hit/almost hit 1k. So then I decide I'll just close it with Upheaval, but it just won't chain. I got rid of all trusts that could interfere but still just won't chain.
I did test with a real THF/Rudra's>Upheaval to make sure that worked, which it did.

Ukko's > Sarva's/Distortion = Distortion (check)
Sarva's/Distortion > Upheaval = Fusion (nope)

Am I missing something or just a weird bug because no one ever uses that unity?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-15 23:20:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I always thought that Savra's Storm is Mercy Stroke, not Rudra's

Try Savra's > Ukko's (Frag)
 Bahamut.Ivebian
user: Smg1388
By Bahamut.Ivebian 2020-09-16 00:20:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Its possible that ability has a non standard delay as is the case with helixes and many other trust weapon skills.
Try waiting 10 seconds and decreasing if successful.
[+]
 Bahamut.Unagihito
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2020-09-16 00:30:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ivebian said: »
Its possible that ability has a non standard delay as is the case with helixes and many other trust weapon skills.
Try waiting 10 seconds and decreasing if successful.

Wow. That worked! Thanks! 6~10 "seconds" seemed like forever.
Good luck doing that with any WS'ing trusts consistently. :|
[+]
By Morihei 2020-09-16 09:04:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Question! It's possible to lockstyle bows, right? Like if I'm using Ullr, but put Shigeto in a lockstyle set, Shigeto will show?
 Shiva.Berzerk
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2020-09-16 10:58:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Question! It's possible to lockstyle bows, right? Like if I'm using Ullr, but put Shigeto in a lockstyle set, Shigeto will show?

Yes
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-09-16 11:36:44
Link | Quote | Reply

...if it wasn't, why would anyone build a Yoichi?
By Pantafernando 2020-09-16 14:47:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I did back when SAM spamming Namas was somehow useful against Muyingwa
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-09-16 14:55:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
I did back when SAM spamming Namas was somehow useful against Muyingwa

SAMs are exempt from my Yoichi venom. I can totally get behind it...now if they'd just let us /ra while riding a mount.....
[+]
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2020-09-17 08:47:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Have there been any fan translations/summaries of the FFXI light novels that came out in Japan?
 Carbuncle.Razziel
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Razziel 2020-09-17 22:45:26
Link | Quote | Reply

hey, if you have a friend on your friendlist and they server transfer. You normally see the server they went to right? Taking their name with them over there if it's available right?

I have a friend that returned to the my server with a different name cause his original name seemed to have been claimed. When I check my friendlist, I still have him on my friendlist with his original name he can't claim. So it's safe to say, he didn't transfer that old character in the first place? He's back but on another character (content ID, or w/e it's called).

Think he doesn't want to tell me out right it's a different character entirely for w/e reason.
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2020-09-17 23:02:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Razziel said: »
hey, if you have a friend on your friendlist and they server transfer. You normally see the server they went to right? Taking their name with them over there if it's available right?

I have a friend that returned to the my server with a different name cause his original name seemed to have been claimed. When I check my friendlist, I still have him on my friendlist with his original name he can't claim. So it's safe to say, he didn't transfer that old character in the first place? He's back but on another character (content ID, or w/e it's called).

Think he doesn't want to tell me out right it's a different character entirely for w/e reason.

You input the name you want to call them on your friend list yourself when you first add them. It always shows two names, that name you called them when you added them, and the name of their character (Or the server they're on if they're on a different server)

Unless you mean the name on the right, their current logged in character.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-17 23:04:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, if you have a friend and they jump, your friendlist will say (server).

I'm not entirely following what happened though.

"A" played on carb > jumped to another server > jumped back to carb as "B"? And now claims they were never "A"?

Could have been using an alt on (server) and doesn't want to use "A" anymore. So "A" stayed on carb, but they started playing "B" on (server) and jumped it to carb. People do weird stuff. Things like that happen when an account gets sold, friends see a friendlist person on a different name etc.
 Carbuncle.Razziel
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Razziel 2020-09-17 23:28:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, I've had other friends that jumped servers and I would see their name in the new server.

This friend (lets call him "A") claims he was in Asura and wanted to return. But I never saw "A" ever in Asura like you normally would. "A" is on my friendlist still today.

"A" had to change his name to "B" because "A" was taken. I added him as my friend again as "B". Could you have the "same character" on your friendlist? I thought, if "A" transfered he would've taken his name with him opening it for someone else to claim it. But I still have "A" in my friendlist. And now I have "B" on my friendlist too....

Is he just straight up lying? Maybe he bought it and is too ashamed to admit? Dunno...
First Page 2 3 ... 664 665 666 ... 834 835 836