Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 618 619 620 ... 831 832 833
By Mattelot 2019-11-12 12:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm on Leviathan. I've never seen anybody CPing in inner rak. Dho gates seems like THE place to be.
By Aerix 2019-11-12 12:51:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Carrelo said: »
Does anyone know what happens to gil stored in the garden strongbox during a server transfer?

Does anybody have an answer to this? I'd like to know as well, please.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-12 12:53:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Relatively certain nothing happens, it's only the Dbox/AH that matters. FAQ has no mention of repository or mog garden.

Quote:
Also, the following items will be automatically discarded when you perform a World Transfer, so please carry them in your character's inventory before performing a World Transfer.
- Items and gil listed as 'sent' on the delivery service NPC's delivery window
- All items in your Mog House's delivery box
- All items being sold at an auction house
[+]
By clearlyamule 2019-11-12 13:06:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Mattelot said: »
I'm on Leviathan. I've never seen anybody CPing in inner rak. Dho gates seems like THE place to be.
I've done it before. Problem is kill speed is (or at least was acc was an issue when I last tried) decently lower than regular apex and you'd be overcapping cp even without rings on chain
 Shiva.Carrelo
Server: Shiva
user: Carrelo
By Shiva.Carrelo 2019-11-12 13:10:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Relatively certain nothing happens, it's only the Dbox/AH that matters. FAQ has no mention of repository or mog garden.

Quote:
Also, the following items will be automatically discarded when you perform a World Transfer, so please carry them in your character's inventory before performing a World Transfer.
- Items and gil listed as 'sent' on the delivery service NPC's delivery window
- All items in your Mog House's delivery box
- All items being sold at an auction house
This is what I’d assume to be the case as well, but I also feel like that FAQ was written before the strongbox was a thing—and I’m not sure I trust SE to keep their old pages up to date. xD

If anyone can confirm, that’d be awesome!

Edit: confirmed--gil in the garden strongbox / gil repository is in fact safely retained during a server transfer.
By Mattelot 2019-11-12 13:18:57
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
I've done it before. Problem is kill speed is (or at least was acc was an issue when I last tried) decently lower than regular apex and you'd be overcapping cp even without rings on chain

Do you (or anyone else reading) know of a CP/hour addon/plugin? I'm not top-notch geared but I can kill mobs in Inner Ra'k and it's obviously not as fast but wanted to find out which place is the most efficient.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-12 14:01:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Pointwatch tracks exp/hour cp/hour current merits/jp

And abyssea lights, but that is very broken
By Mattelot 2019-11-12 14:06:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you. The addon itself is broken or the abyssea lights portion of it?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-12 14:09:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Just the abyssea part
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-11-12 15:18:36
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »

Do you (or anyone else reading) know of a CP/hour addon/plugin? I'm not top-notch geared but I can kill mobs in Inner Ra'k and it's obviously not as fast but wanted to find out which place is the most efficient.

If you're chaining significantly lower(or not at all) in inner rak, it's not worth even considering, especially during campaign.

If you can hold a solid chain, and campaign is down, it's absolutely a great camp. Note that the evasion requirement is pretty significant, and you're not as likely to be able to bot successfully with basic tools because everything blood aggros and camps are less safe.

I use it frequently on Leviathan, and I've seen a few other groups there from time to time, but the best camp really only supports one solid group so any kind of competition is a significant problem. It's also quite a hike, especially if people don't know the way offhand.

If you have MNKs to burn up, the skeleton camp is always empty and is probably pretty decent too, though again, this is something more suited to manual players or advanced bots because blood aggro and tp moves are awful.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By clearlyamule 2019-11-12 16:10:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Problem is campaign is up... and almost anyone asking for a great CP camp probably either will have hard time evasion and/or xp/cps about as well as basic bot (or worse). But yeah if you have a good group of players that needs the cp and can handle it go ahead
By kaiju9 2019-11-12 17:58:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Am I missing something (possibly Battlemod doing something weird?), or is Omen just really glitchy when the following happens:

• 31k WS (in chat log), but registers as 29k, therefore not fulfilling the objective

• 55k magic burst (in chat log), but registers as 18k, therefore not fulfilling the objective (twice in a row, gave up after...)

By "registers as," I'm going off of what the Omen addon shows on its UI. I guess I can't rule out the game giving me completion, but the addon somehow not showing it (not watching the chat log that closely).
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-12 18:00:07
Link | Quote | Reply

The enemy must have enough HP, the ones you killed, did not.

Ex; you do a 99k leaden but the mob only has 3 HP, it only counts as 3
 Asura.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2019-11-12 18:00:50
Link | Quote | Reply

kaiju9 said: »
Am I missing something (possibly Battlemod doing something weird?), or is Omen just really glitchy when the following happens:

• 31k WS (in chat log), but registers as 29k, therefore not fulfilling the objective

• 55k magic burst (in chat log), but registers as 18k, therefore not fulfilling the objective (twice in a row, gave up after...)

By "registers as," I'm going off of what the Omen addon shows on its UI. I guess I can't rule out the game giving me completion, but the addon somehow not showing it (not watching the chat log that closely).

monster only had 29k hp remaining and 18k hp remaining when you did that

it only counts the damage done without overkill so use fresh mobs
By kaiju9 2019-11-12 18:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ahh ok, makes sense.
By Mattelot 2019-11-13 05:55:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Just the abyssea part

I will try it out, thank you.

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
If you're chaining significantly lower(or not at all) in inner rak, it's not worth even considering, especially during campaign.

If you can hold a solid chain, and campaign is down, it's absolutely a great camp. Note that the evasion requirement is pretty significant, and you're not as likely to be able to bot successfully with basic tools because everything blood aggros and camps are less safe.

I use it frequently on Leviathan, and I've seen a few other groups there from time to time, but the best camp really only supports one solid group so any kind of competition is a significant problem. It's also quite a hike, especially if people don't know the way offhand.

If you have MNKs to burn up, the skeleton camp is always empty and is probably pretty decent too, though again, this is something more suited to manual players or advanced bots because blood aggro and tp moves are awful.

I've never done Inner Rak. BG Wiki says you need damn near 1400 accuracy for cap and with buffs and sushi, I'm only little over 1300.

I also don't go to Outer Rak unless I can get a group of actual people. With just trusts, I stick to bats in Dho Gates.

Where is the skeleton CP area?
 Bahamut.Balduran
Server: Bahamut
user: balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2019-11-13 06:44:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Constantly crashing in Divergence Sandoria right now...every time I log in the game crashes back to windows (Windower & natice launcher)...
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Server: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2019-11-13 07:12:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Easy way to get there is the warp in Moh Gates map 2. Just a couple ramps down or so to get to it from where that drops you.

It really isn't just a matter of meeting the ACC requirements there though. Skeletons, for instance, are BLM DRK and THF there. So you either need over 1500 ACC (not hard if you have a proper setup), or you probably benefit from pulling with Silence, may need to dispel Ice Spikes, need to watch blood aggro... as already mentioned, it's more involved than the utter simplicity of Outer Rak bats or something, and (unless you've got a MNK party going) probably not worth the effort during the campaign.

The easier camp there is Poxhounds since there's a platform of just those you can park far enough away from to not aggro (unless you're careless). For those, you want someone with Paralyna parked out of AoE range.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-11-13 08:21:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Balduran said: »
Constantly crashing in Divergence Sandoria right now...every time I log in the game crashes back to windows (Windower & natice launcher)...
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/54189/dynamis-windy-d-crash/#3466129
[+]
By Mattelot 2019-11-13 09:05:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Isiolia said: »

Easy way to get there is the warp in Moh Gates map 2. Just a couple ramps down or so to get to it from where that drops you.

It really isn't just a matter of meeting the ACC requirements there though. Skeletons, for instance, are BLM DRK and THF there. So you either need over 1500 ACC (not hard if you have a proper setup), or you probably benefit from pulling with Silence, may need to dispel Ice Spikes, need to watch blood aggro... as already mentioned, it's more involved than the utter simplicity of Outer Rak bats or something, and (unless you've got a MNK party going) probably not worth the effort during the campaign.

The easier camp there is Poxhounds since there's a platform of just those you can park far enough away from to not aggro (unless you're careless). For those, you want someone with Paralyna parked out of AoE range.

Thanks for the info. Yeah, I would imagine it's a lot more involved. It was the same way back in the 75 era doing merits on skeletons in KRT with 4 monks and no tank. You were busy busy busy but man did the points roll in.
By fonewear 2019-11-13 09:38:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick question on warrior test. I'm trying to get one for my mule. Is the drop rate on warrior testimony really that terrible ?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-13 09:41:06
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Quick question on warrior test. I'm trying to get one for my mule. Is the drop rate on warrior testimony really that terrible ?

What do you consider terrible? 10% on a 5 minute repop means it could take an hour.

I usually grab all the mobs in a certain zone, and whichever test actually drops is the job that the mule will fight maat on, instead of targetting one test specifically.
[+]
 Sylph.Infamy
Server: Sylph
user: Virtue
By Sylph.Infamy 2019-11-13 13:23:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Where is the best place to get intermediate GearSwap advice these days? If the answer is "here" then here's my actual question:

I typically just manually switch to an STP TP set when Mythic aftermath is up, but surely there has to be a way to automatically switch sets when the buff is active, right? Is there a simple way to do just add a few lines for it? I'm not worried about fussing with hybrid AM sets or any other craziness, just a basic STP set when active. Thanks so much.
By Pantafernando 2019-11-14 01:43:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Infamy said: »
Where is the best place to get intermediate GearSwap advice these days? If the answer is "here" then here's my actual question:

I typically just manually switch to an STP TP set when Mythic aftermath is up, but surely there has to be a way to automatically switch sets when the buff is active, right? Is there a simple way to do just add a few lines for it? I'm not worried about fussing with hybrid AM sets or any other craziness, just a basic STP set when active. Thanks so much.

Try this thread. Your question doesnt seems like anything uncommon. Im sure a quick search here will give you what you want.

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/41580/gearswap-support-thread/
By Jetackuu 2019-11-14 02:15:00
Link | Quote | Reply

there's also the discord
 Sylph.Infamy
Server: Sylph
user: Virtue
By Sylph.Infamy 2019-11-14 07:20:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you!
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-11-14 08:45:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Does Sylvie follow normal bubble proc rules?
By fonewear 2019-11-14 08:55:11
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »

What do you consider terrible? 10% on a 5 minute repop means it could take an hour.

I usually grab all the mobs in a certain zone, and whichever test actually drops is the job that the mule will fight maat on, instead of targetting one test specifically.

I've spent over a hour and no drop. Maybe time to level up thief.
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2019-11-14 08:58:18
Link | Quote | Reply

If it’s your shiva mule I’ll help
First Page 2 3 ... 618 619 620 ... 831 832 833