Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 605 606 607 ... 831 832 833
By Ryuukii 2019-09-09 12:15:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm. Maybe friend did something wtong. Just so story is behind it friend gave up Ffxi & gave account to me, then moves over to Ffxi but when she updated her cc for fxiv, it automatically switched to her cc for Ffxi also. Kinda want to avoid the route of sending get money every month Lol

Thanks for quick reply
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-09-09 12:49:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Echohawk said: »
I've been using the basic //exec scripts to do long chains of brd songs. Is it possible to cancel a script manually midway through, in case a song gets interrupted for whatever reason? I multi box so one at a time isn't usually feasible.
Afaik once a script has been started there is no way to stop it, except terminating the client from which you executed it of course lol.

I can think of a couple of alternative routes to obtain the same through Gearswap but make it stoppable.
It wouldn't exactely be simple though, would require some knowledge of Gearswap.

I'm sure you can do the same with Ashitacast but, again, I'm pretty confident it would require some advanced knowledge.
[+]
 Cerberus.Echohawk
Server: Cerberus
user: echohawk
By Cerberus.Echohawk 2019-09-09 19:03:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Cerberus.Echohawk said: »
I've been using the basic //exec scripts to do long chains of brd songs. Is it possible to cancel a script manually midway through, in case a song gets interrupted for whatever reason? I multi box so one at a time isn't usually feasible.
Afaik once a script has been started there is no way to stop it, except terminating the client from which you executed it of course lol.

I can think of a couple of alternative routes to obtain the same through Gearswap but make it stoppable.
It wouldn't exactely be simple though, would require some knowledge of Gearswap.

I'm sure you can do the same with Ashitacast but, again, I'm pretty confident it would require some advanced knowledge.

That's what I was afraid of. I'm not great with gearswap. I might be able to alter something that's vaguely similar, but i cant create it from scratch. I'll google some lua amd maybe see if there's anything useful I can pull out of pouches or the trusts addons. I feel like those two have command chains that are cancelable.
Thanks tho!
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-09-10 17:05:42
Link | Quote | Reply

When doing long /equip chains in scripts and FFXI drops some, is there any logic as to what it drops more often? For example, at the end or beginning, or is it just random?
By Pantafernando 2019-09-10 18:38:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
When doing long /equip chains in scripts and FFXI drops some, is there any logic as to what it drops more often? For example, at the end or beginning, or is it just random?

For drop you mean some missed command?

Probably it should be a matter of increasing the /wait time between commands. If its too little interval between commands, it will tend to skip more lines. As you increase the waiting between commands, more reliable it gets.
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2019-09-12 10:40:40
Link | Quote | Reply

New installer plus Windower on my laptop, I get a ~30 delay between hitting "play" and FFXI actually launching. Is this something that's widespread?
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2019-09-12 18:37:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

For drop you mean some missed command?

Probably it should be a matter of increasing the /wait time between commands. If its too little interval between commands, it will tend to skip more lines. As you increase the waiting between commands, more reliable it gets.
For example, let's say I call a windower script, and that script is:

input /equip main "something";
input /equip sub "something";

and so on until I have 12-16 equip commands that execute in it. Normally things goes fine and everything swaps, but sometimes it'll miss 1 or 2 of the commands. I was wondering if it was more likely to miss inputs at the top of the script, at the bottom of the script, or if it was just completely random.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-09-12 20:19:15
Link | Quote | Reply

The only thing it should ever miss is duplicates, or overwrites.

Aka, 2 Mache earrings

or, mache earring left ear on tp, but right ear on ws, itll *** that up all the time

also, i guess worth mentioning "conflicts" weapons like to screw that one up, staff/grip to club/shield isn't 100%
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-09-12 21:30:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

Aka, 2 Mache earrings

or, mache earring left ear on tp, but right ear on ws, itll *** that up all the time

One little tip/quirk... for duplicate pieces in a set (e.g. 2 Mache Earrings), if you put them right next to each other in a Windower script one of them typically won't equip. However... if you separate them in the script, they WILL work. For example:

Won't work:
Line 1: /input equip head "head armor";
Line 2: /input equip neck "neck armor";
Line 3: /input equip ear1 "Mache Earring";
Line 4: /input equip ear2 "Mache Earring";

WILL work:
Line 1: /input equip ear1 "Mache Earring";
Line 2: /input equip head "head armor";
Line 3: /input equip neck "neck armor";
Line 12: /input equip ear2 "Mache Earring";
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2019-09-12 21:37:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

Aka, 2 Mache earrings

also, i guess worth mentioning "conflicts" weapons like to screw that one up, staff/grip to club/shield isn't 100%
No, it still misses 1 or 2 pieces on occasion even without doing anything like that.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-09-12 21:57:32
Link | Quote | Reply

It shouldn't really but nothing is infallible, even gearswap

I guess I would just watch the gear and see which piece fails the most? Change that slot to something less important.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2019-09-12 22:01:45
Link | Quote | Reply

If it matter, this isn't actually gearswap (though it might run on the same scriping, I dunno), just macro-triggered /consolw exec scripts.
By Pantafernando 2019-09-13 01:17:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Not directly related but instead of scripting individual pieces you could just script input /equip gearset number. Maybe it can partially fix your problem
By Pantafernando 2019-09-15 10:34:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi.

Did amyone figure anythimg to at least increase the odds of getting a boss in vagarys brash gate?

Ive been missing it right in the last wave, and a wromg pillar is like 60 mobs to deal with.

Thanks in advance
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2019-09-15 12:56:14
Link | Quote | Reply

If there is a way, it's extremely esoteric and we've never found it. Just gotta keep going and hope for the best.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2019-09-16 16:30:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Does Subtle Blow affect TP gained by monsters when they hit you?
By huttburt<3 2019-09-16 18:04:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm gonna say no, it doesn't dog, but I'm only like 67% confident in my answer and have no supporting data to qualify my assumption.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2019-09-16 18:48:13
Link | Quote | Reply

huttburt<3 said: »

I'm gonna say no, it doesn't dog, but I'm only like 67% confident in my answer and have no supporting data to qualify my assumption.
Correct. Subtle Blow is only for the TP gained from you hitting it.
Things like souveran schaller +1 or Phorcys schuhs are the items that reduce TP gained from hitting you.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By FaeQueenCory 2019-09-17 17:26:39
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no discernible pattern to what will be the next month's rewards. Best you can hope to do is hold your points until ~2 days before they drop when they reveal the next month's rewards.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Empyrean
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Empyrean 2019-09-18 01:10:44
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
There is no discernible pattern to what will be the next month's rewards. Best you can hope to do is hold your points until ~2 days before they drop when they reveal the next month's rewards.

The login rewards is pretty consistent on a 6 set cycle. Next month should be the abyssea nm items.

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/campaign/login/login57.html
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/campaign/login/login63.html
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/campaign/login/login69.html

This month is login 74, next should be 75
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Empyrean
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Empyrean 2019-09-18 01:56:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yojimmbo said: »
If you're ever in Asura, I'll trade you some gils :D

That would mean all the other servers were closed.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-09-22 16:58:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anybody think of food with Spell Interruption Rate Down stat?
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2019-09-22 16:59:40
Link | Quote | Reply

There isn't any.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2019-09-23 13:08:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know how to set up Autoexec for an action when you enter an area? Trying to test with this but its not working:
Code
<register event="losebuff_Reraise">input /echo [AutoExec] Reraise Lost</register>
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-09-25 05:09:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Got a small patch today, anybody knows what it was for?

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 605 606 607 ... 831 832 833