Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 594 595 596 ... 834 835 836
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2019-05-29 21:34:02
Link | Quote | Reply

How much is the attack bonus per buff on Naegling?
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-05-30 02:15:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
geigei said: »
Yes, except you can't have haste up while slowed.

might be the case w/ Kei, but if a mob hits you with Slow I, a RDM's Haste II will prevent that Slow I from landing.
It's not just a matter of tiers, someone find out some time ago to my big surprise that it sorta depends on the Enhancing Magic Skill the caster has when he finishes casting Haste1/2 on you.

Slow can overwrite Haste1/2, or not being able to, accoring to that.
Aside from knowing that this mechanic is in place to my knowledge nobody further expanded this to find out how it works exactly, the tiers etc.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Wotasu 2019-05-30 04:22:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, very annoying when farming beads on brd or cor, Trust songs and rolls will cancel out yours.
By Cronnus 2019-05-30 05:41:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Brahmsz said: »

You lose attack bonus the more buffs you have. Not the other way around. Too easy to check yourself. Hop on Rdm and equip the sword with no buffs. Check your attack in equipment. Then start buffing yourself and checking. (If it is this simple. Idk).
 Bahamut.Agerine
Server: Bahamut
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2019-05-30 06:47:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Cronnus said: »

You lose attack bonus the more buffs you have. Not the other way around. Too easy to check yourself. Hop on Rdm and equip the sword with no buffs. Check your attack in equipment. Then start buffing yourself and checking. (If it is this simple. Idk).

This is the first I’ve seen it said that attack bonus is higher with less buffs. I saw some initial rough numbers somewhere on the forum with an estimate on cap somewhere around 500 but nothing else since.
[+]
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Server: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2019-05-30 07:19:40
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not that simple. I'm not sure it even shows up in /checkparam or if it's just a modification to the WS calculation. When it was first implemented I tried catching a change in stats using that and never saw it.

That said, stacking up a ton of buffs works well with it, so I'm more inclined to believe it increases with total buffs, not decreases.
By Cronnus 2019-05-30 07:39:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Isiolia said: »

It's not that simple. I'm not sure it even shows up in /checkparam or if it's just a modification to the WS calculation. When it was first implemented I tried catching a change in stats using that and never saw it.

That said, stacking up a ton of buffs works well with it, so I'm more inclined to believe it increases with total buffs, not decreases.

Yeah. You guys probably are right. I assumed it meant the other way around. I figured it wouldnt show. No way it could be that easy lol.
By FaeQueenCory 2019-05-30 10:04:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure it even shows up in /checkparam or if it's just a modification to the WS calculation.
I can confirm that it isn't shown in /checkparam. But it definitely shows up in the WS's pDIF. It's pretty easy to notice on RDM in an uncapped pDIF, low buff situation... eg solo.
Start with just +stat, then add more buffs (avoiding temper) and you'll see a substantial boost to the average WS damage. (cause pDIF isn't capped)
[+]
By clearlyamule 2019-05-30 12:21:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
geigei said: »
Yes, except you can't have haste up while slowed.

might be the case w/ Kei, but if a mob hits you with Slow I, a RDM's Haste II will prevent that Slow I from landing.
It's not just a matter of tiers, someone find out some time ago to my big surprise that it sorta depends on the Enhancing Magic Skill the caster has when he finishes casting Haste1/2 on you.

Slow can overwrite Haste1/2, or not being able to, accoring to that.
Aside from knowing that this mechanic is in place to my knowledge nobody further expanded this to find out how it works exactly, the tiers etc.
Well it's also been noted in the past that it can definitely depend on the source which further puts a wrench into things if trying to test
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2019-05-31 09:07:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the replies all. But...

FaeQueenCory said: »
I'm not sure it even shows up in /checkparam or if it's just a modification to the WS calculation.
I can confirm that it isn't shown in /checkparam. But it definitely shows up in the WS's pDIF. It's pretty easy to notice on RDM in an uncapped pDIF, low buff situation... eg solo.
Start with just +stat, then add more buffs (avoiding temper) and you'll see a substantial boost to the average WS damage. (cause pDIF isn't capped)

I was specifically asking if there was a rough estimate on how much attack+ per buff increase Naehling gives.

I don't have a Naegling myself and BG doesn't list any information (and we all know AH forum search is basically broken).
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2019-05-31 09:50:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Lepetit89 said: »
Another question - currently trying to figure out how to best deal with wave 2 bosses, Bastok in particular. How far will they follow? For instance, would pulling it to the Chobobo stables be viable?
They'll follow across the map, although they can lose hate during the pull so keep an eye on them as you move. We normally pull Bastok wave 2 boss over to that ramp near Zeruhn Mines to get elevation on him.
user: Hiraishin
By Asura.Hiraishinsenna 2019-05-31 09:53:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the replies all. But...

FaeQueenCory said: »

I was specifically asking if there was a rough estimate on how much attack+ per buff increase Naehling gives.

I don't have a Naegling myself and BG doesn't list any information (and we all know AH forum search is basically broken).

Honestly I wouldn't know how to test it since it's just active in WS
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2019-05-31 14:26:17
Link | Quote | Reply

The most feasible method that comes to mind is to fight a target with a known defense that is not outright capped. This way, you’ll know from math the exact point that you would cap pDIF *IF* it even happens.

Charge 3000 TP and hit the thing with a WS with no buffs at all and no Multi-Hit gear at all either.

Do this 20 times to collect a reasonable average and record all things including your attack in WS Gear used for testing.

Now rinse and repeat the test but increasing your buffs in stages. Gain STR and Temper is off limits because they’ll screw with the results.

As you find your average you can compare it against your starting average and then against your target’s native DEF to get the near-exact attack increase per buff.

Just in case you find a strange number just remember that the developers are human; humans tend to prefer clean simple numbers.

Hopefully this helps and if you have the patience to test this, that’d be great.

Edit:
Quick Tip -
Use Windower’s Battle-Mod when testing to /check your targets to make sure they are always the same level and same stats. (I believe most modern enemies are made equal level in their respective spawns? But never hurts to be sure
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2019-05-31 14:33:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it's probably +1% attack per buff, which is also what JP wiki suggests. I suppose it could also function like literal Attack Bonus tiers, though.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-31 14:54:17
Link | Quote | Reply

For as ridiculously powerful as the other weapons affects are, 1% is pretty low

Tauret's Crit rate+ is like 30%
By Nariont 2019-05-31 15:02:15
Link | Quote | Reply

assuming it counts every possible buff, thats not too bad at all, specially for most jobs who use swords regularly.

pro/shell/haste/songx3~5/rollx2, so up to 10% there, if it counts food thats another one
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-05-31 15:06:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
For as ridiculously powerful as the other weapons affects are, 1% is pretty low

low in solo situations, yes. But they clearly foresaw the situations like Dyna-D where a meleeing RDM or COR (two primary users of the sword, of course others do just giving a frequent example) can easily be sitting with 8 songs, pro/shell, 2 rolls, boost-stat, etc, resulting in 15+ buffs. a 15% boost to a WS that already scales insanely with TP and options like the Ataktos and Thibron available is honestly quite good.

It definitely lacks in low buff situations, but man oh man does it shine in high buff ones, and would be nothing short of broken if more.
[+]
By Nariont 2019-05-31 15:08:19
Link | Quote | Reply

as for tauret i was looking around, and never saw a clear answer, does the crit bonus apply on WS or is that strictly TP phase, cause if its just TP then thats definitely less impressive
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-31 15:11:26
Link | Quote | Reply

In highbuff situations it's getting absolutely nothing from attack bonus. It's just that good even without it.
By Nariont 2019-05-31 15:15:59
Link | Quote | Reply

even solo you're looking at atleast 10% from generic trust buffs, then add in whatever the job itself gets, so take rdm; barspell/status/temper/gain/composure/aquaveil/phalanx. Nother 7%, granted rdm probably gets the most from this, blu/cor in lowbuff wont get near as much as theres not too many self buffs they can keep up long term unique to themselves off the top of my head.

Still, its not the worst of the ambu lineup and SB+15% is already well enough
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-05-31 15:34:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
In highbuff situations it's getting absolutely nothing from attack bonus. It's just that good even without it.

is that so even with attack-starved jobs like RDM and COR? I certainly understand a WAR utilizing a Fencer build will get diminishing returns in those ultra-high buff situations, was just curious.

Post deleted by User.
By FaeQueenCory 2019-06-01 12:32:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »
as for tauret i was looking around, and never saw a clear answer, does the crit bonus apply on WS or is that strictly TP phase, cause if its just TP then thats definitely less impressive
It was only for TP phase, not during WSs. Quite literally the opposite/inverse of Shining One.
By Nariont 2019-06-01 12:42:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Any sort of testing shown for it? All i could find was simon in thf thread i think doing a short sampling, or it was the anbu wep thread, one of those
By ryukin182 2019-06-01 18:01:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Can someone explain to my pea-sized brain how during an NM fight in escha ru'aun, the healer gets hate, dies, reraises, casts cure 4 and immediately gets hate back? Or even, steal 25/50% enmity using colab/accomp as thf from the healer, healer casts a single cure, the healer has hate again? I know this games enmity system is the worst thing to exist on this planet, but now this is just not making any sense anymore
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-06-01 18:55:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Was it an add or the main tsrget? Doesnt sound like whoever was tanking or dd tanking hit whatever once and then swapped back to main target and didnt say ***about their *** up. There are multiple things as well that could have happened. Diaga and then hit with an aoe buff like warcry.. etc
First Page 2 3 ... 594 595 596 ... 834 835 836