Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 578 579 580 ... 831 832 833
 Hades.Dade
Server: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Dade
By Hades.Dade 2019-01-26 01:57:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have tips to reduce lag in dynamis? Been awful past 2 months or so to the point mobs teleport and gear wont swap after wsing.
 Asura.Lunafreya
Server: Asura
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2019-01-26 02:16:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Log filters and effects turned off? The effects will make the biggest difference.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By geigei 2019-01-26 04:24:04
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
how about RMEA
140mil

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2019-01-26 12:34:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Dade said: »
Does anyone have tips to reduce lag in dynamis? Been awful past 2 months or so to the point mobs teleport and gear wont swap after wsing.

The biggest tip I can offer is an upgrade of your hardware.

FFXI runs on old code so it's logic for visual processes is very poor I've been told. So upgrading the graphics card and RAM to where it will give it enough power to handle all of FFXI's BS one essentially One Core is the best bet if I'm understanding it right.

I had my PC rebuilt for me a few months ago before my Hiatus and I literally would not ever lag anywhere. And I like to run 3-5 characters (Main on Full Resolution, Subs on default Resolution) Dyna-D, Asura-Apex-Efts camp (gets REALLY camped out and loaded with Mains, Alts and Trusts) And I almost never drop below 25 fps.

So that'd be the BIGGEST thing you can do to eliminate the FPS drops in the game. Now if you are talking about legit lag/latency? I'm not sure how to help with that.
 Cerberus.Gillesjboulon
Server: Cerberus
user: gilles
By Cerberus.Gillesjboulon 2019-01-26 14:40:25
Link | Quote | Reply

hello,
according to https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Blue_Mage_Job_Traits, dual wield Set Point Cost per Tier is 4/10/16/24
so why putting animating wail (5 pts) in my magic list is not enough to gain dual wield trait bonus ?
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
Server: Ragnarok
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2019-01-26 14:43:30
Link | Quote | Reply

animating wail has 3 set point and your first tier needs 4.
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Server: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2019-01-26 14:45:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Gillesjboulon said: »
hello,
according to https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Blue_Mage_Job_Traits, dual wield Set Point Cost per Tier is 4/10/16/24
so why putting animating wail (5 pts) in my magic list is not enough to gain dual wield trait bonus ?

It always takes 8 trait points per tier. What the set point cost per tier indicates is how many set points are needed to get that. You can use 4 points (two per spell) to set Delta Thrust and Barbed Crescent and get Dual Wield.
 Cerberus.Gillesjboulon
By Cerberus.Gillesjboulon 2019-01-26 14:46:12
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Animating_Wail
i see 5, not 3
By Nariont 2019-01-26 14:52:43
Link | Quote | Reply

you see it COSTING 5 points to set, not providing 5 points to DW
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-01-26 14:55:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Every tier of each trait requires 8 points to attain.
"set point cost per tier" is the minimum "set points" it would take to achieve "trait points x8"
 Cerberus.Gillesjboulon
By Cerberus.Gillesjboulon 2019-01-26 15:42:22
Link | Quote | Reply

so tier 1 is 8 traits points, tier 2 is 16, tier 3 is 24, tier 4 is 32 ?

i still don't understand why there is a 3 on this page
but a 5 on this page
5 is correct and all others speels providing dual wield effect are correct
where does come from this 3 ?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-01-26 15:57:32
Link | Quote | Reply

At one point square changed the value, i can't find the update though

or it was a typo

Quote:
Animating Wail (5) - Haste & Dual Wield
Quote:
Animating Wail (3) / 4
 Hades.Dade
Server: Hades
user: Dade
By Hades.Dade 2019-01-26 22:08:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
Hades.Dade said: »

The biggest tip I can offer is an upgrade of your hardware.

FFXI runs on old code so it's logic for visual processes is very poor I've been told. So upgrading the graphics card and RAM to where it will give it enough power to handle all of FFXI's BS one essentially One Core is the best bet if I'm understanding it right.

I had my PC rebuilt for me a few months ago before my Hiatus and I literally would not ever lag anywhere. And I like to run 3-5 characters (Main on Full Resolution, Subs on default Resolution) Dyna-D, Asura-Apex-Efts camp (gets REALLY camped out and loaded with Mains, Alts and Trusts) And I almost never drop below 25 fps.

So that'd be the BIGGEST thing you can do to eliminate the FPS drops in the game. Now if you are talking about legit lag/latency? I'm not sure how to help with that.

I don't have the problem in anywhere else to think its hardware issue. Single boxing is only marginally better in dynamis. Have most graphic settings off for main and everything off on mule. Bunch of other people in runs have the same issues. May try turning off some addons.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Ihinaa
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihinaa 2019-01-27 02:19:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Did they do something to the Mecistopins mantle's CP bonus? I just noticed that I'm not getting a bonus from them despite having it locked on and it being +50%. Getting 30k-ish, so not maxed out. I'm comparing it to my other characters in the cp party who aren't using any back. All my characters are mastered, so equal gift levels.

And I'm grinding CP because I don't have a dyna group, since I know people will ask.
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
Server: Ragnarok
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2019-01-27 02:42:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Find a camp with 2 identical mobs (check for level with battlemod). Kill one with cape and one without?
 Bismarck.Ihinaa
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihinaa 2019-01-27 05:11:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Lockfort said: »
Find a camp with 2 identical mobs (check for level with battlemod). Kill one with cape and one without?

Thanks, but lets stick a big ol' nevermind on this. My main wasn't using the bounty mogification while the others were.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-01-29 04:08:55
Link | Quote | Reply

So I was wondering, what's the really good part about Escutcheons' augment?
It's "only" +3% HQ rate, which in itself doesn't seem very good. I mean it's the same % you get from food for instance.
I guess what really makes the augment insanely good is the fact that you either HQ or the synth fails.
That, in conjunction with a high rate of save mats, allows you to fail synth while keeping mats at a reasonably good ratio.

Practically the HQ rate remains pretty low (on a T1 it's ~9% with all the gear, including Orvail+1 ring) but you get multiple attempts since you can avoid NQ.
If you can attempt the same recipe say twice with the same mats, mathematically it's almost like doubling the chance of HQ, right?
Two attempts at ~9% HQ rate is pretty close to a single attempt at ~18%, correct?
And that's a pretty huge difference and why the augment is so incredibly good.

I dunno, did I get it right?
By Staleyx 2019-01-29 05:57:21
Link | Quote | Reply

The -minus material loss really starts to not even work above a synth with 3 or more mats to me. For example su5 weapons and necks when I break I Always lose the kindred/beastmen mat.
 Sylph.Pankas
Server: Sylph
user: Pankas
By Sylph.Pankas 2019-01-29 12:55:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone else experiencing animation lag, more precise crafting animation lag, but if you set your camera at certain angle, it disappears. Anyone had similar experience and more so how you sort it out. Thanks a mil.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-01-29 13:46:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Troubleshooting a very specific instance of lag for a certain build is all but impossible. You can try turning on/off shadows, weather effects, lowering your resolution, adding or removing dgvoodoo.. but it's pretty much just throwing darts blindfolded.
By Staleyx 2019-01-29 14:20:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Does anyone else experiencing animation lag, more precise crafting animation lag, but if you set your camera at certain angle, it disappears. Anyone had similar experience and more so how you sort it out. Thanks a mil.

I get something similar when trading in gobby keys. I'm going to just guess when at certain angles something is not in frame so video card doesn't need to process it so you speed up.
 Sylph.Pankas
Server: Sylph
user: Pankas
By Sylph.Pankas 2019-01-29 15:20:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Staleyx said: »
Quote:

I get something similar when trading in gobby keys. I'm going to just guess when at certain angles something is not in frame so video card doesn't need to process it so you speed up.

So you saying it is hardware issue and not some addon messing things up? my connection is table and my laptop performs normal, thats why was wondering if they had something similar before i start unplug all addons.
By Jetackuu 2019-01-29 15:49:17
Link | Quote | Reply

It's most likely just a driver issue with the effect of the synth. /shrug
By Staleyx 2019-01-30 18:00:52
Link | Quote | Reply

When I craft I always zoom in then start.
By Pantafernando 2019-02-01 01:38:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi.

Is there any addon/plugin that allow trading more than one item with a single command? For example i can trade to synergy furnace one item using /item "something" <t>, but how can i do if the recipe has 2 or more items that need to be traded at same time?

Thanks in advance.
 Asura.Neufko
user: siskotaru
By Asura.Neufko 2019-02-01 01:59:34
Link | Quote | Reply

google ffxi tradenpc

I haven't test it myself but it seems to do what you want.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ringoko
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2019-02-01 19:12:10
Link | Quote | Reply

If a paladin is super tanking various mobs and has Reprisal active, does damage from reprisal spikes put the PLD on their enmity lists?

Basically, can reprisal mess up super tanking?
First Page 2 3 ... 578 579 580 ... 831 832 833