Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 573 574 575 ... 831 832 833
By Jetackuu 2018-12-07 15:44:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yojimmbo said: »
Out of curio, where is the highest traffic area in-game to leave out a mule Bazaar? I'm torn between Mhaura and Port Jeuno. At least on Asura Server.
yes
By Staleyx 2018-12-07 15:51:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Port jeuno, mhaura, outside of omen.
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2018-12-09 13:51:51
Link | Quote | Reply

2 of my friends have just come back to the game and I'm getting them gear both are gearing up blu. Been looking for easy to get body pieces for them and got them both Rawhide vests which are a bit ***. Just looking for some ideas really of what would be easy to get. I think Herc body is a bit out of my soloing range atm and they arent really geared enough or have enough gil for Adhemar body.
By Pantafernando 2018-12-09 14:08:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Creaucent said: »
2 of my friends have just come back to the game and I'm getting them gear both are gearing up blu. Been looking for easy to get body pieces for them and got them both Rawhide vests which are a bit ***. Just looking for some ideas really of what would be easy to get. I think Herc body is a bit out of my soloing range atm and they arent really geared enough or have enough gil for Adhemar body.

Ayanmo body should be an utility piece but Adhemar jacket NQ is the natural progression of rawhide and anything else will be more effort than farming 300k to buy a vexed piece. A couple of hours and you should have enough to buy with spark alone
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2018-12-09 14:18:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

Ayanmo body should be an utility piece but Adhemar jacket NQ is the natural progression of rawhide and anything else will be more effort than farming 300k to buy a vexed piece. A couple of hours and you should have enough to buy with spark alone

It's not the Vexed body that's the problem, thats 50k each, it's the 750k for the pop item that is problem.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-12-09 14:34:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Do Gain-Money for an hour = 2 million gil each.

Over today, but comes up tomorrow at 22:00EST
By Pantafernando 2018-12-09 15:40:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Do Gain-Money for an hour = 2 million gil each.

Over today, but comes up tomorrow at 22:00EST

Half gain money tomorrow i guess?

Anyway even the pop comes from Delve what should be doable with zitah gear three people party anyway
By Pantafernando 2018-12-09 15:42:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

It's not the Vexed body that's the problem, thats 50k each, it's the 750k for the pop item that is problem.

Plus normally T3 can break even with the common drop eschalixir +2 and eschite stones

EDIT not even but at least half cost
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-12-09 17:41:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ehhh, I was gonna say exactly that, delve is a cakewalk... except that it's Marjami and that Harpae would likely destroy them. That thing can still be stupid.

It could be more work/effort to kill that than it's worth (for 2 blus who just came back)
By Pantafernando 2018-12-09 18:08:07
Link | Quote | Reply

If they have a single SCH they can put an helix and leave it alone.
 Asura.Ayahuasca
user: ayahuasca
By Asura.Ayahuasca 2018-12-10 04:50:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I came back this month to the game, and I noticed in 70-80% of the parties where i've been the GEOs always ended up suggesting or using indi-haste and entrusting spells like indi-wilt (for example). My random daily question is.. why would you do that?? why would a GEO use indi-haste in mage parties/magic burst cp party or even in a melee party/zerg party when there are other specific sources that gets you same magic haste effect (like the Haste spells, mighty guard, hastega II from smn, Embrava), without sacrificing nothing (while a GEO that cast indi-haste, sacrifices 1 unique effect like eva/m.eva- or mdef/def- out of the 2 which can keep active, to give something which you would normally get anyway. Yeah, I know indi-haste does stack with normal haste, but depending on which strat/comp your party has, if you're going for melee strategies you always want to have at least 1 BRD, which will have 3 if not 4 songs, and a bare minimum of +5 to songs i'd say if nq poorboy, so would just need 1 victory march or even better Honor March+4 to cap magic haste with haste 1 on (which should always easily be on everyone due to /rdm). Even in the worst scenario where for unknown reasons (like low man situations) you miss a BRD, and there will be trust to haste DDs, if you wanna cap magic haste at all costs by using Indi-Haste, you should ALWAYS prioritize the use of Entrust!!
When you cast an indi-spell on a non-GEO player, it will lack the potency boost from "Geomancy+" gear like Dunna or Idris, so while casting Indi-haste on you will give you around 35.5% magic haste, on a non-GEO player will give around 29%, which will still keep you over 43.5% magic haste cap with 15% from haste 1.. I guess these GEO I've seen are not aware of how each spell potency changes with "Geomancy+" gear, cause for spells like Indi-Frailty for example, whenever you entrust it, it just gives aprox. 55% of its normal potency on non-GEO players (-15% defense 900+ skill entrusted, -28.5% with Geomancy+5/900+ skill and -42%def with Idris), aprox. same ratio for entrusted spells potency lost is applied to Indi-Malaise/Acumen/Fade/Fend/Wilt. These spells when entrusted gives half of their GEO original potencies values, while spells like Indi-Haste/Slow/Gravity/Regen/statboosts are the best candidates to be entrusted due to losing much less overall potency (difference between non-GEO and GEO potency being between 12% up to 30% weaker), followed by Indi-Attunement/Torpor/Voidance/Precision/Focus/Languor/Barrier/Slip/Vex, all being 50% weaker when entrusted compared to normal Geomancy+5 GEO potency values.
So yeah, whenever you see a GEO entrusting Indi-Frailty/Malaise/Acumen/Fade/Fend or Wilt, hope you'll make them notice this, since they won't probably know about it or they may have forgot at this point.
GEO is an amazing job, don't need to steal the haste-giver task to someone else like BRD which can keep up to 4-5 effects up!!
Cheers
By geigei 2018-12-10 05:01:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ayahuasca said: »
I came back this month to the game
+ wall of text = probably wrong.
By Smokenttp 2018-12-10 06:54:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I came back this month to the game, and I noticed in 70-80% of the parties where i've been the GEOs always ended up suggesting or using indi-haste and entrusting spells like indi-wilt (for example). My random daily question is.. why would you do that?? why would a GEO use indi-haste in mage parties/magic burst cp party or even in a melee party/zerg party when there are other specific sources that gets you same magic haste effect (like the Haste spells, mighty guard, hastega II from smn, Embrava), without sacrificing nothing (while a GEO that cast indi-haste, sacrifices 1 unique effect like eva/m.eva- or mdef/def- out of the 2 which can keep active, to give something which you would normally get anyway. Yeah, I know indi-haste does stack with normal haste, but depending on which strat/comp your party has, if you're going for melee strategies you always want to have at least 1 BRD, which will have 3 if not 4 songs, and a bare minimum of +5 to songs i'd say if nq poorboy, so would just need 1 victory march or even better Honor March+4 to cap magic haste with haste 1 on (which should always easily be on everyone due to /rdm). Even in the worst scenario where for unknown reasons (like low man situations) you miss a BRD, and there will be trust to haste DDs, if you wanna cap magic haste at all costs by using Indi-Haste, you should ALWAYS prioritize the use of Entrust!!
When you cast an indi-spell on a non-GEO player, it will lack the potency boost from "Geomancy+" gear like Dunna or Idris, so while casting Indi-haste on you will give you around 35.5% magic haste, on a non-GEO player will give around 29%, which will still keep you over 43.5% magic haste cap with 15% from haste 1.. I guess these GEO I've seen are not aware of how each spell potency changes with "Geomancy+" gear, cause for spells like Indi-Frailty for example, whenever you entrust it, it just gives aprox. 55% of its normal potency on non-GEO players (-15% defense 900+ skill entrusted, -28.5% with Geomancy+5/900+ skill and -42%def with Idris), aprox. same ratio for entrusted spells potency lost is applied to Indi-Malaise/Acumen/Fade/Fend/Wilt. These spells when entrusted gives half of their GEO original potencies values, while spells like Indi-Haste/Slow/Gravity/Regen/statboosts are the best candidates to be entrusted due to losing much less overall potency (difference between non-GEO and GEO potency being between 12% up to 30% weaker), followed by Indi-Attunement/Torpor/Voidance/Precision/Focus/Languor/Barrier/Slip/Vex, all being 50% weaker when entrusted compared to normal Geomancy+5 GEO potency values.
So yeah, whenever you see a GEO entrusting Indi-Frailty/Malaise/Acumen/Fade/Fend or Wilt, hope you'll make them notice this, since they won't probably know about it or they may have forgot at this point.
GEO is an amazing job, don't need to steal the haste-giver task to someone else like BRD which can keep up to 4-5 effects up!!
Cheers

You are not entirely wrong however there are a few aspects you might be missing here, first one you already covered yourself the buff choices will severely be affected by how geared is your geo and the rest of your team composition mostly due to the pdif cap (if we are talking about an melee setup).
A geo idris with blaze of glory + dia 2 can cap/almost cap pdif for many jobs so fury might not aways be needed and depending on what is your main damage source malaise can be entrusted (mainly if you are dealing with hybrid weapon skills or ifrit flaming crush wich does gain alot more benifit from reaching pdif cap before dealing with magic defense down, altough going for ifrit might render indi haste less valuable if you are dealing only with smns on your party).
Secound haste do affect the recast from your mages so more haste = faster T5s and T6s usage + its a buff that will also help your melees to skill chain faster so there isnt much demerit IF your geo is your only haste user on the party.
Third and most important keep in mind that both recast from blaze of glory and entrusts are pretty large (10 mins, and even with full indi duration sets you are not able to reach an 10 mins indi entrusted spell, however with enough pet regen you can reach over 10 mins blaze of glory bubbles) and depending on situation rellying on haste only at entrust might be detrimetal.
Lastly you dont exactly need an brd if you have an solid idris geo since 1 of his spells cap haste and the secound caps pdif there is pretty much no need for anything else in a full DD setup the rest is just an solid bonus, however i realize that finding an idris geo that is not already master and is willing to cp is pretty rare so that is not exactly an realistic scenario but even then a cor can cover the lack of attack just fine or your DDs if they can apply an strong defense down debuff (over 20% ones like blu tenebral crush, staff shell crusher, great axe armor break ,dnc box step , tachi:ageha etc) can most of the times make fury not needed so if your DDs do have acess to those you might want to consider swaping fury for other spells as well.
But other then that you are spot on there is no point in casting indi-haste if you have an solid brd on your party (altough you might still need more haste if your source comes from rdm,as caping haste is important and very noticiable specially if you have a only single DD multi-steping,if you have 2-3 DDs tough you might get away with a bit less) just keep in mind the pdif cap,entrust cooldown (and depending on your party situation other abilities with longer cooldowns like diffusion)and if your sources of magic haste can reach the 40% cap, alot of the times its worth to entrust fury (specially if geo dont have idris) while DDs berserk is down rather then entrusting haste and hurting your pt tp gain but all of that depends on your team.
 Asura.Neufko
user: siskotaru
By Asura.Neufko 2018-12-10 07:03:36
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Valefor.Gorns
Server: Valefor
user: Gorns
By Valefor.Gorns 2018-12-10 07:22:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Smokenttp said: »
Cheers

You are not entirely wrong however there are a few aspects you might be missing here, first one you already covered yourself the buff choices will severely be affected by how geared is your geo and the rest of your team composition mostly due to the pdif cap (if we are talking about an melee setup).
A geo idris with blaze of glory + dia 2 can cap/almost cap pdif for many jobs so fury might not aways be needed and depending on what is your main damage source malaise can be entrusted (mainly if you are dealing with hybrid weapon skills or ifrit flaming crush wich does gain alot more benifit from reaching pdif cap before dealing with magic defense down, altough going for ifrit might render indi haste less valuable if you are dealing only with smns on your party).
Secound haste do affect the recast from your mages so more haste = faster T5s and T6s usage + its a buff that will also help your melees to skill chain faster so there isnt much demerit IF your geo is your only haste user on the party.
Third and most important keep in mind that both recast from blaze of glory and entrusts are pretty large (10 mins, and even with full indi duration sets you are not able to reach an 10 mins indi entrusted spell, however with enough pet regen you can reach over 10 mins blaze of glory bubbles) and depending on situation rellying on haste only at entrust might be detrimetal.
Lastly you dont exactly need an brd if you have an solid idris geo since 1 of his spells cap haste and the secound caps pdif there is pretty much no need for anything else in a full DD setup the rest is just an solid bonus, however i realize that finding an idris geo that is not already master and is willing to cp is pretty rare so that is not exactly an realistic scenario but even then a cor can cover the lack of attack just fine or your DDs if they can apply an strong defense down debuff (over 20% ones like blu tenebral crush, staff shell crusher, great axe armor break ,dnc box step , tachi:ageha etc) can most of the times make fury not needed so if your DDs do have acess to those you might want to consider swaping fury for other spells as well.
But other then that you are spot on there is no point in casting indi-haste if you have an solid brd on your party (altough you might still need more haste if your source comes from rdm,as caping haste is important and very noticiable specially if you have a only single DD multi-steping,if you have 2-3 DDs tough you might get away with a bit less) just keep in mind the pdif cap,entrust cooldown (and depending on your party situation other abilities with longer cooldowns like diffusion)and if your sources of magic haste can reach the 40% cap, alot of the times its worth to entrust fury (specially if geo dont have idris) while DDs berserk is down rather then entrusting haste and hurting your pt tp gain but all of that depends on your team.

wall of text + wall of text = surely wrong ;)
 Asura.Ayahuasca
user: ayahuasca
By Asura.Ayahuasca 2018-12-10 13:27:23
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »

someone replying to a wall of test like this = begging attention.

instead of being useless you could at least try to use your brain and engage in a usefull conversation instead of fitting the average clichè of the bloody useless troll.

What I said it's 100% proven by facts, even the guy here who replied about capping haste with one spell didn't get my point apparently. I don't care btw, whoever will really care about understanding game mechanics will probably understand my point.

Btw what, if i write like this and it's not a wall of text then what are you gonna say?? If this game's community is kinda gone apes**t it's also cause of players like you, willing to trigger other ppl without bringing nothing real to the discussion. This is a forum, not your personal chamber..
I guess you got triggered by the fact that you're starving for attention.
By geigei 2018-12-10 13:34:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Right in da butt.
By Afania 2018-12-10 13:53:25
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »

someone replying to a wall of test like this = begging attention.

instead of being useless you could at least try to use your brain and engage in a usefull conversation instead of fitting the average clichè of the bloody useless troll.

What I said it's 100% proven by facts, even the guy here who replied about capping haste with one spell didn't get my point apparently. I don't care btw, whoever will really care about understanding game mechanics will probably understand my point.

Btw what, if i write like this and it's not a wall of text then what are you gonna say?? If this game's community is kinda gone apes**t it's also cause of players like you, willing to trigger other ppl without bringing nothing real to the discussion. This is a forum, not your personal chamber..
I guess you got triggered by the fact that you're starving for attention.

You could have separate what you wrote in paragraphs, that would be much easier to read.
By Afania 2018-12-10 14:28:54
Link | Quote | Reply

What's causing such huge heroism price difference between servers? I can picture RMTs busy counting money just by making 1000% investment return every transfer...

Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-12-10 14:43:34
Link | Quote | Reply

its 3k on bahamut because there is literally no population to sell them to.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-12-10 14:45:23
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah all 2 of them, those rmt all lining up to to make 50k
By Afania 2018-12-10 14:46:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
its 3k on bahamut because there is literally no population to sell them to.

It's 50k on Leviathan though, and that server should be even more dead than most.

I don't think it's related to overall pop no?

Asura.Toralin said: »
yeah all 2 of them, those rmt all lining up to to make 50k

The stack price reflects single price and it has been 600k or less a stack for a while.

They can buy 10 stacks for 6m total and sell them all for 40m on another server, lol. Or 100 stacks for 60m and sell them all for 400m.....RMTs bought them all!

I rarely see such huge discrepancy for price between servers. Most of time RMTs will balance it buy low sell high between servers.
By Pantafernando 2018-12-10 15:17:49
Link | Quote | Reply

From time to time appear someone loaded of cash that want to buy overnight all he need so increasing temporary the price. The market respond offering more items. When the guy with too much cash gets what he wants he stop buying the price settle down and everything go back to normal.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2018-12-11 09:11:49
Link | Quote | Reply

How long after maintenance do things like Tiamat, Vrtra, and Jormungand spawn? It's been so many years that I forget.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-12-11 09:51:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »
How long after maintenance do things like Tiamat, Vrtra, and Jormungand spawn? It's been so many years that I forget.
FFXIclopedia is the place for older info like that: https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Tiamat

Spawns around E-9 every 3-5 days. (24-72 hours after maintenance)

Chance to spawn in 30 minute windows.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2018-12-11 10:46:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks. That info from Tiamat's page wasn't actually edited into Jormungand and Vrtra's page; even though they seem to be brother/sister dragons as far as spawn conditions and strength (level) goes.
By tyalangan 2018-12-11 12:35:58
Link | Quote | Reply

In Aman Trove, if you’re in a party and only one person enters (But all members have the BCNM icon) and let’s say the person that entered had Udug body but no one else outside had it and the chest had rolled to drop an Udug jacket will it still drop?

Does it “See” the members outside the instance at the BCNM entrance with the BCNM icon and equate that into the roll?
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
Server: Ragnarok
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2018-12-11 12:45:06
Link | Quote | Reply

They don't all have to be in the same BC, just in the same zone. As long as they are all in the same zone, it will drop as long as 1 party member doesn't have it
[+]
 Cerberus.Quintow
Server: Cerberus
user: Quintow
By Cerberus.Quintow 2018-12-12 00:55:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Odyssean Chestplate aug'd used for anything these days? Fast Cast piece for drk or pld? Enmity piece? Idk, just randomly got it from AMAN Trove. . .
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2018-12-12 01:02:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Dark Matter augment swap-in for personal utility use of some kind?
First Page 2 3 ... 573 574 575 ... 831 832 833