Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 555 556 557 ... 834 835 836
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-07-29 09:13:07
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
On Kammavaca can you just sleep the adds and ignore them while plowing through the book? Dark or light based sleep best or irrelevant?
You can, but the book has 50% DT while any adds are out. With a strong melee group, it will still die pretty quickly. Either sleep works.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-07-29 13:44:02
Link | Quote | Reply

It can also use Meteor during chainspell if adds are out. It's doable, even when solo (if you're on a strong DD), but it's a big pain.

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Zeocat
Server: Sylph
user: Zeota
By Sylph.Zeocat 2018-07-30 10:32:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick question about getting to Captain.

Do you have to do all 50 assaults while FL to get the promo quest? Or do you just need to have done them all during your journey there? I can't seem to find any concrete info either way since a lot of folks had a good chunk of their rank points come from spamming Nyzul.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Server: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2018-07-30 10:41:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Zeocat said: »

Do you have to do all 50 assaults while FL to get the promo quest? Or do you just need to have done them all during your journey there? I can't seem to find any concrete info either way since a lot of folks had a good chunk of their rank points come from spamming Nyzul.

You can have them done during the journey as long as you meet the requirements at the end to rank up at FL rank when all is done along with cleared TOAU story missions
By Zeota 2018-07-30 10:44:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zuidar said: »
Sylph.Zeocat said: »

You can have them done during the journey as long as you meet the requirements at when all is done along with cleared TOAU story missions

OK, cool! I have all the TOAU story done plus the NM kills to flag the mythic quest. Just need to fill in the 17 assaults I'm missing! Thank you for clearing that up!
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2018-08-01 21:48:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you learn blu spells from Unity NM fights?
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
Server: Lakshmi
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2018-08-03 23:49:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a question for the math people, since it's Friday night and weird game thoughts have entered my mind; How well does AG Excalibur + Ammurapi Shield compare to Grioavolr & Enki Strap in terms of magic accuracy for Red Mage? I'm aware I'll lose some potency with the first combo, but I'm more curious about how viable it would be to use a 100M sword & shield combo to replace a stave and strap combo on a mage with no innate occult accumen, since late night thoughts.
By SeekerStar 2018-08-04 00:08:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Chilzen said: »
I have a question for the math people, since it's Friday night and weird game thoughts have entered my mind; How well does AG Excalibur + Ammurapi Shield compare to Grioavolr & Enki Strap in terms of magic accuracy for Red Mage? I'm aware I'll lose some potency with the first combo, but I'm more curious about how viable it would be to use a 100M sword & shield combo to replace a stave and strap combo on a mage with no innate occult accumen, since late night thoughts.

I believe the best combo is AG Murgleis/Ammurapi, but most casters I know of use a capped Malevolence and use it with shield. I don't believe that even AG Excal wins over Malevolence.
[+]
By aisukage 2018-08-04 00:08:35
Link | Quote | Reply

not counting INT at first but

Grio + Enki = 228 skill + 14 Macc base + 0~30 augment + 10 from Enki = 242~272 Macc

Excal + Shield = 255 + 38 from shield = 293 Magic Acc

so just from magic acc alone. Excal has potentially 21~51 Magic Acc more.

Grio has 19INT base and shield has 3 more than Enki strap. so without Augments the Grio set has 16 more INT with the chance of roughly 15 more INT from augments so roughly 30 more INT.

so based on the dINT that potential 30 INT could be worth 15 magic acc or 30 magic acc.

So it's very situation based on augments and the dINT.

but looking at the numbers it looks like the excal combo for magic acc would be the easier/more consistent combo for straight up magic acc. but if you have amazing augments and the dint lines up in your favour then it would be the Grio set.

Or so i believe. If i did something wrong here please correct me.
[+]
By aisukage 2018-08-04 00:13:54
Link | Quote | Reply

SeekerStar said: »
I believe the best combo is AG Murgleis/Ammurapi, but most casters I know of use a capped Malevolence and use it with shield. I don't believe that even AG Excal wins

Malevolance capped augment has 201 skill + 25 base +10 augment and 10 INT which should = 241~246 based on dint compared to Excals 255 magic acc skill. putting Excal ahead of Malevolance in terms of Magic acc

But without a doubt murgleis should be top for magic acc with the shield.
[+]
By SeekerStar 2018-08-04 00:18:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I stand corrected and now I know I really need to get off my *** and finish my Excal....

Thanks! :)
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-08-04 07:31:48
Link | Quote | Reply

According to SE, 1 point of magic accuracy skill is only ~0.5 points of magic accuracy, so even without dINT, Malevolence (135) beats AG Excalibur (128).

An extremely well augmented (but without DM augments) Grioavolr/Enki is roughly on par with non-AM Murgleis/Ammurapi in terms of MACC, and depends on exact dINT/dMND values.

Murgleis of course wins by a landslide for MACC when AM is up, though potency will be lower due to significantly lower INT, MND, and enfeebling skill.
[+]
By aisukage 2018-08-04 09:17:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for that. I had been under the impression it was 1 for 1 for the longest time from some other advice so I appreciate being corrected. That does change things so ignore what i posted before hand.
By geigei 2018-08-05 05:58:59
Link | Quote | Reply

For meva cape, mnd or int?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-08-07 12:19:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Is "Breaking the Ice" still broken with windower. IE does it still blackscreen if you try to do it.
By Faelar 2018-08-08 15:46:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Is this available in the Mumor event this year?

It's used to make this:

Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-08-08 15:47:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Faelar said: »

Yes
By Faelar 2018-08-08 15:49:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Faelar said: »

Yes

How do you get it? I did the event perfectly, 3x each on 4 different characters, to get them all the outfit, Mumor I, and Mumor II.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-08-08 15:50:03
Link | Quote | Reply

You get it by failing the event (or, by failing i mean not matching all 4 firesday night fever moves)

Well, thats how I got it lol. BG says you get it by syncing dance moves 10 times. I got mine by *** up before I got mumor, so...

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Sunbreeze_Festival_2017_Guide

Quote:
Upon receiving your Agent or Starlet armor, recompleting the event again with 10+ synced dances will result in the following rewards from the moogle:

Cipher- Mumor II icon.png Mumor II (Trust)

Rewarded from the moogle after receiving the message that you are "overflowing with trust" after synchronizing.

You will first be rewarded with Cipher- Mumor icon.png Mumor I if you do not have her.

Cosmic Designs icon.png Copy of cosmic designs

Used to craft a Celestial Globe icon.png Celestial Globe furnishing along with the other two rewards from other Sunbreeze minigames.

(KI) After-party pass

If you come into the event late and do not have many synced dances, you may save your current amount for the next showing. Assuming you don't zone which will reset progress.
[+]
By Faelar 2018-08-08 15:55:00
Link | Quote | Reply

You get it by failing the event (or, by failing i mean not matching all 4 firesday night fever moves)

Well, thats how I got it lol. BG says you get it by syncing dance moves 10 times.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Sunbreeze_Festival_2017_Guide

Quote:
Upon receiving your Agent or Starlet armor, recompleting the event again with 10+ synced dances will result in the following rewards from the moogle:

Cipher- Mumor II icon.png Mumor II (Trust)

Rewarded from the moogle after receiving the message that you are "overflowing with trust" after synchronizing.

You will first be rewarded with Cipher- Mumor icon.png Mumor I if you do not have her.

Cosmic Designs icon.png Copy of cosmic designs

Used to craft a Celestial Globe icon.png Celestial Globe furnishing along with the other two rewards from other Sunbreeze minigames.

(KI) After-party pass

If you come into the event late and do not have many synced dances, you may save your current amount for the next showing. Assuming you don't zone which will reset progress.

Yeah, I did it perfectly each time (it's an extremely easy event) and didn't get it, maybe because the other rewards take priority?
I'll try it again later tonight and fail it as a test. Thanks for the info!
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-08-08 15:59:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you doing the synced dance moves before Ullegore?

I think they're counting 10 synced moves as against Ulka
By Faelar 2018-08-08 16:00:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you doing the synced dance moves before Ullegore?

I think they're counting 10 synced moves as against Ulka

Both.

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-08-08 19:02:25
Link | Quote | Reply

that should be pretty evident by the context
[+]
 Asura.Aricsr
user: ariurban
By Asura.Aricsr 2018-08-08 22:37:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Reive Participation (M) , selected in the quest objectives,,

I have done Colonization Reive win and Lair Reive. have not gotten any credit for my Reive Participation (M) selected objectives quest..

Does this quest "mean" Wildskeeper Reive" only?

Thanks for any help
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-08-08 22:47:25
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a bayld requirement.
By DaneBlood 2018-08-09 15:32:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Project mercury doesnt do ***. Windows already prioritizes tasks appropriately and affinity is only worth using in very specific circumstances.

This is a false statement
Windows do no prioritize focussed process above none focussed process
It however in desktop mode increase the timeslice with 2 quanta
In server mode it does nothing.

Priority and quanta boost is not the same
 Quetzalcoatl.Tesseracta
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tussell
By Quetzalcoatl.Tesseracta 2018-08-09 15:38:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aricsr said: »
Reive Participation (M) , selected in the quest objectives,,

I have done Colonization Reive win and Lair Reive. have not gotten any credit for my Reive Participation (M) selected objectives quest..

Does this quest "mean" Wildskeeper Reive" only?

Thanks for any help
It's not "complete a reive", it's "get 5k bayld from a reive". Kill the reive more slowly to get evaluations/bayld. You get an evaluation every minute - it took me 3 evaluations to complete the quest from a lair reive.
First Page 2 3 ... 555 556 557 ... 834 835 836