Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 552 553 554 ... 836 837 838
 Asura.Smoky
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Aubain
By Asura.Smoky 2018-06-26 07:38:30
Link | Quote | Reply

That guy also does a crapload of VD Ambu, lots of currency from there too.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Smoky
By Asura.Smoky 2018-06-26 09:20:41
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
If you saved for a few years...

It's 1,200,000 pieces or 1,200 100 pieces he has sold, at least, in a week.

Real question is, why do you care so much? Trying to buy 100 pieces?
[+]
By clearlyamule 2018-06-26 10:20:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
clearlyamule said: »
You could also argue that you aren't going to necessarily be in a dDex range that the cape would do anything either a lot of the time. It's all small edges in some specific situations

Are there any way to find the monster stat data to know that? Because I'm genuinely curious about the better choice between the two.

I used to have 10 acc but just recently changed in an attempt to min max dps further. Now that I think about it, it's probably smarter to get the monster data somehow before the change.
It's testable though not super fun to do so. Not sure anyone has bother though for higher level stuff. I know a small smattering of ints and vits were tested but even finding those isn't easy lol
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-06-26 10:25:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Based on their other stats, melees are likely to always be far below the minimum DEX for it to matter on the highest tiers of enemies (Master Trials, Tumult Creator, Reisenjima HELMs, etc) unless you go batshit ridiculous with it (Bolstered Indi-Dex, for example), so accuracy would be better there.

However, on lower stuff, it likely will sometimes matter, so it all depends on what you mostly use your cape for, and if sometimes having a few percentage points more of crit rate on mid-level stuff is more important than having 2.5 accuracy on high level stuff.

I personally keep DEX on my capes, as I feel that 2.5 accuracy is very tiny, and on the highest tier stuff, you should always have plenty of outside buffs to hit cap if a fight is going as planned. Unless we eventually get precise evasion numbers for a majority of the highest tier enemies, you're always going to want to overkill accuracy at least a little bit, just to make sure you're capped.
By Afania 2018-06-26 10:32:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
and on the highest tier stuff, you should always have plenty of outside buffs to hit cap if a fight is going as planned.

That's how I feel too. I can tp in thaumas coat and eat stp food over sushi on cor on T4 melee and still capped.

The only fight I may somewhat struggle is probably worm, since we don't sv those and it has blind move if I remember correctly.

I feel we aren't going to figure out exactly which is better without precise number though.
By Afania 2018-06-26 10:39:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would you sell them all from your main account making yourself look so suspicious if you had a bot army?

The real question is......why don't you just ask them instead >.>

You know forum people will never give the correct answer that you seek because we are not them.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-26 11:15:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I care because I would like 400 million gil.
Start Automating, 400m in a week.
Question is, why is it such a problem for me to ask?
Can't do anything without bunching someones panties.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Afania 2018-06-26 11:23:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Smoky said: »
If you saved for a few years...

It's 1,200,000 pieces or 1,200 100 pieces he has sold, at least, in a week.

Real question is, why do you care so much? Trying to buy 100 pieces?
I just clicked on him as #1 most viewed.
I care because I would like 400 million gil.
Question is, why is it such a problem for me to ask?

Then make 400m....there are tons of ways to make gil, you can find most of them either on internet or just chat with rich people in game.

Why is it such a problem for you to ask here? Because no one can give you the REAL answer. He may run 10 mules for ambuscade, bot, buy low and sell high from other sources, transfer to another server and buy them all then resell on Asura, trio Vagary and sell mat then buy currency, merc on another char, craft etc.

There are far too many ways to make 400m that no one can tell you exactly HOW they make 400m except themself.

So essentially you are wasting time here.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-06-26 13:08:42
Link | Quote | Reply

700 a run * 24 is 16,800 pieces a day, 117,600 a week but this ignores need to get 100 pieces made etc.
A run is 2 hours, and that's math for 1 character.

6 Characters * 6 runs a day(12hr.. not even running 24/7) * 600/run = 21,600 a day. That's already faster than he's selling. You think china has any second thoughts about running 6 chars..?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By clearlyamule 2018-06-26 15:26:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Why we still assuming that the very recent sell rate is his farm rate? And that it comes just from dynamis
[+]
By Afania 2018-06-26 15:42:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Why we still assuming that the very recent sell rate is his farm rate? And that it comes just from dynamis

This, people assume there's some kind of secret method to generate 400m worth of currency in a day just because someone sold 400m worth of currency in a few days. It doesn't make any logical sense.

There's no point in asking or guessing. The only person who would know is them.

And I think it's also morally incorrect to discuss one legit players currency by making assumptions that they bot. It's almost the same as player warning without evidence. I definitely think mod should look into this kind of discussion.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Afania 2018-06-26 15:55:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Any logical reason why someone would ever store over 12 10,000 pieces? A few if they were considering making something, maybe, but to pretend it is possible to farm this legit in any believable time frame is insane. Not sure why people suggested that Ambuscade's 6 100 pieces per month could answer it.

Many people already gave you possible answers: buy low and sell high through server jumps, stacking them to save inventory, plans to make multiple relics across multiple characters, linkshell banks etc.

Bot is a possibility but if you don't have evidence, then don't just say that on a public forum. Forum isn't court to report names that bot.

Post deleted by User.
By clearlyamule 2018-06-26 16:08:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Any logical reason why someone would ever store over 12 10,000 pieces? A few if they were considering making something, maybe, but to pretend it is possible to farm this legit in any believable time frame is insane. Not sure why people suggested that Ambuscade's 6 100 pieces per month could answer it.

Also edited link out because it's irrelevant who it is, just the fact they are selling at that rate.
Many. It's extremely common thing to do ig and irl for many things for many reasons some already stated. I wouldn't be surprised if half this wasn't farmed in the last dynamis campaign and finally selling now. Hell I just finished selling my delve mats before the most recent campaign started and lowered the price again because I had farmed so much from the one before and refused to sell at the deflated price it was at during campaign
[+]
By zaxtiss 2018-06-26 16:22:33
Link | Quote | Reply

honestly i'd think it was from buying low and selling high.
i see singles as low as 2.4k on my server
[+]
By Afania 2018-06-26 16:24:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't accuse anyone of botting. I replied to comments suggesting botting. Big difference. To assume legitimacy is laughable when considering the quantity we are discussing but I was curious if there were any legit ways.

My comment isn't directly pointing toward you. It's basically this entire discussion and the way it's worded.

There is a difference between selling 400m worth of currency by stacking them from various sources and finally selling them in short time, or run bots. But we aren't going to know exactly how long it took, and how many characters he has.

If you want legit way to farm dyna, just farm 400hr and there's your 400m. ...I mean, dyna has been out for years if there's a legit way to farm WAY faster than current method we would already know.
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2018-06-26 18:04:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Dyna prices are pretty close across all servers. That's a worse money maker than actually farming dyna, which is also a poor way to make money.
 Asura.Smoky
By Asura.Smoky 2018-06-26 20:32:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't accuse anyone of botting. I replied to comments suggesting botting. Big difference. To assume legitimacy is laughable when considering the quantity we are discussing but I was curious if there were any legit ways.

Just ask him directly, he's the best source for the answer and normally online at night it seems.
[+]
 Shiva.Hiep
Server: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2018-06-27 08:23:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there an addon that drops items on command?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-27 08:29:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Hiep said: »
Is there an addon that drops items on command?

Treasury will automatically drop items you set on the drop list and pass on the pass list.
[+]
By abknight 2018-07-04 02:04:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a way to prevent being frozen/locked when engaging with mobs casting spells on you?

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Darkdoom
Server: Lakshmi
user: DarkdoomG
By Lakshmi.Darkdoom 2018-07-04 03:29:17
Link | Quote | Reply

abknight said: »
Is there a way to prevent being frozen/locked when engaging with mobs casting spells on you?

GM flag+JA0wait works for this.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 552 553 554 ... 836 837 838