Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 550 551 552 ... 834 835 836
 Bahamut.Alexcennah
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: digoserra
By Bahamut.Alexcennah 2018-06-17 11:47:26
Link | Quote | Reply

The identical names are a localization issue. Taking Fire Cards as an example, in JP the COR card is ファイアカード and the craft card is 炎紋のカード. The identical icons aren't actually a problem, it happens a lot in this game with similar items.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Brahk
Server: Asura
user: Brahk
By Asura.Brahk 2018-06-18 09:20:16
Link | Quote | Reply

so the /follow command is obviously for following...

Is there a command to stop following? Can't seem to find anything specific in the wikis. Looking to toggle auto-follow and auto-stop commands for my alts. Appreciate any thoughts.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-18 09:23:02
Link | Quote | Reply

The low-tech answer is simply hitting the 2 key. Any time you press back (aka 2) you stop following.

Or use one of the shadow add-ons for windower that autofollow for you

(I don't know how, or if you can even use send to express a movement via numberpad.... short of using setkey 2 down, and even that I don't know how you signify numberpad 2 instead of number 2)
 Asura.Brahk
By Asura.Brahk 2018-06-18 09:28:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
The low-tech answer is simply hitting the 2 key. Any time you press back (aka 2) you stop following.

Or use one of the shadow add-ons for windower that autofollow for you

(I don't know how, or if you can even use send to express a movement via numberpad.... short of using setkey 2 down, and even that I don't know how you signify numberpad 2 instead of number 2)

Thanks. After my initial post I had a similar idea and was thinking about trying to input the Number Pad 7 key via a command...but trying to figure out how to do that, haha. Hopefully someone knows (if it can even be done).
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-18 09:39:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Gotit~

//setkey numpad2 down

//setkey numpad2 up

or, //setkey numpad7 down/up

No idea how you could make it a one line command, but ghettorig a macro that does down wait up

Or if you have to get REAL hightech... a script that does;
Code
setkey numpad7 down
wait .1
setkey numpad7 up

and use /console exec
[+]
 Asura.Brahk
By Asura.Brahk 2018-06-18 10:01:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Appreciate it! Just got it working the way I want (through scrip and /console send commands). Thanks again!
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2018-06-18 15:49:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Anybody know if you can get Vagary items from NNI campaign going on now?
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Server: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2018-06-18 15:56:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »
Anybody know if you can get Vagary items from NNI campaign going on now?

At least some of them are possible appraisals. I had an Acclimator appraise during this current campaign, offhand, and have gotten some of the other weapons in previous ones.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2018-06-18 18:25:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Were you going solo to floor 20 or with a group higher, Isiolia? Curious if I can get something nice from the first 20 floors. So far, all I'm getting, are lockstyle pieces mostly.
By clearlyamule 2018-06-18 19:22:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the floor only effects how good of alex you get and znm tier drops. And most people should be able to solo to 60 semi reliably
By Jetackuu 2018-06-18 19:23:29
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
I think the floor only effects how good of alex you get and znm tier drops. And most people should be able to solo to 60 semi reliably
^ That, if I can, most should be able to.
 Leviathan.Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2018-06-18 22:11:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I usually bring an alt in to mind the pole or make lamps easier, and set goal to floor 100. I think doing to floor 20 is good if your priority is getting the +2 box drops, but otherwise you can likely go much higher solo.

As mentioned, far as I've seen, where a +1 crate comes from doesn't really seem to matter, outside of the "real" drop it can appraise to.
By Jetackuu 2018-06-19 03:36:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Can typically get 2-3 +2 boxes, depending how antsy hitting /20 is.
By Visien 2018-06-19 22:57:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Where should I focus my attention for gear progression while playing solo?

I've been trying to kill Vidala for Rawhide Vest, but he levels up faster than I can kill him, so I assume my gear isn't good enough for any Escha NMs. Mostly just been grinding Ambuscade when my friends are on because it seems like I can't really solo anything at the moment. So basically outside of Ambuscade what entry level content can I solo for gear progression?

Returning player with COR and BLU in very basic 119 gear.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-19 23:29:59
Link | Quote | Reply

You need clear objectives. Rawhide isn't particularly good for anything, not even as a stepping stone.

Vidala is pretty damn impossible as a returnee, I know, I was there. Trying for the same thing, failing miserably to kill it as a melee when I came back.

Back then, I was on a backwater server, couldn't even pay for help. leveling SCH, even a mediocre SCH can start to solo gear. That was my route. But if I were doing it now, I wouldn't even bother, I'd go straight for ambuscade gear.

Or focus on Gain-money and buy adhemar, if it's an option. Really put some effort in when gain-money pops up and it's very worthwhile for a new/returnee.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2018-06-19 23:35:33
Link | Quote | Reply

skirmishes are soloable and while non alluvion is going to be worse than ambuscade ambuscade takes a bit to get caught back up
[+]
By Afania 2018-06-20 02:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Visien said: »
I've been trying to kill Vidala for Rawhide Vest, but he levels up faster than I can kill him, so I assume my gear isn't good enough for any Escha NMs. Mostly just been grinding Ambuscade when my friends are on because it seems like I can't really solo anything at the moment. So basically outside of Ambuscade what entry level content can I solo for gear progression?

Don't solo for progression, you are climbing steps that can be skipped entirely with 6 man pt. I don't see the point to solo skirmish or any pre zitah content, unless there's a niche gear that you need.

look for beginners friendly ls. Get in, ask for help. Or shout for help.
[+]
 Leviathan.Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2018-06-20 08:55:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Visien said: »
Where should I focus my attention for gear progression while playing solo?

Your best option is, of course, to ask for help. If your friends are well geared, they can likely get you decently set up in an evening or so.
If you do have some Hallmarks/etc to work with, then grabbing the NQ Ayanmo body and upgrading it to +1 would give you something solid to start with - not the greatest offensively (or the best use of fibers, which are ideally saved for +2'ing), but it remains good as a DT/Hybrid item, and it might be the most effective move for you right now.

I would also expand the goal to general progression. Apologies if this is stuff you've already done, as it's hard to tell:

Spells. If you're lacking key things like Mighty Guard (as that'd need Abyssea progression), then that's something to work on. There are actually a number of spells to go learn in Alluvion Yorcia Skirmish too, with the side benefit of possibly getting some gear to augment. So, I wouldn't write off doing that entirely.

Similarly, if you haven't built a nuking type setup for BLU, try to pull that together - a lot could be used for SCH or something too, if you want to try changing tactics for solo. If not...

Job points. BLU benefits greatly from several of the job point categories and the 100/1200JP gifts. They're slow initially, but, if you're not at least at SU2 on BLU I would push on that before trying to solo much. Outside of Apex groups, AoE nuking is the way to go for this on BLU.

Voidwatch/Walk of Echoes: Or, more or less, have the ability to unlock Empyrean WS. Similarly, there are Mythic WS to unlock (more important for your COR) if you haven't.

+2/reforge/etc your Relic feet. Ties back to Mighty Guard in particular, as the augment on these increases duration on Diffusion. Between these and the corresponding Job Point category, you can push Diffusion'ed Mighty Guard duration to a little past 5 minutes. So, means that Unbridled Learning will be back up when it wears, or you can alternate with Entrusted GEO Haste.

There's also the other still-useful older items like collecting gorgets/belts/etc for Fotia items. Or, if you haven't, getting out to various zones and HPs to ensure ready access if you do line up some help.

More or less, if you're playing more than the folks that can help you, then maybe work fleshing out other stuff while they're not online. Some of that contributes significantly to your overall capabilities.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Uzugami
Server: Phoenix
user: SSJAV
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2018-06-20 11:59:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't played since like, 2012 and was doing some Dynamis stuff, Are the Attestation mobs not dropping a single Attestation normal? I remember before I quit they atleast always 1 of 3, but I went around 11~ kills (1 Scythe, 1 Bow) and it's just not dropping anything. Am I just having horrible luck and it's trying to drop either scythe/bow again or am I just missing something?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-20 12:05:55
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're holding one of the ones that enemy can drop, then it can drop nothing. You can't force the one you want by holding the others.
 Phoenix.Uzugami
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2018-06-20 12:07:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks, guess I'm just having horrible luck then. lol
By Visien 2018-06-20 16:39:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks everyone! Definitely seems like I just got focused on the wrong thing. I'll also look for another returnee-friendly LS, but being on Shiva it really doesn't seem like there's much activity in that department. Thanks for the advice!
By Faelar 2018-06-21 12:12:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Roommate and I are returning to FFXI in about a week. What jobs are the most useful in the current endgame content?

Last we played it was something like WHM BRD COR BLU SCH. I imagine it hasn't changed too much?
By zaxtiss 2018-06-21 12:40:05
Link | Quote | Reply

RUN PLD WHM GEO BRD SCH SMN BLM COR DD wise WAR SAM DRK then be BLU THF(certain mobs).
 Cerberus.Drayco
Server: Cerberus
user: Drayco
By Cerberus.Drayco 2018-06-21 12:57:38
Link | Quote | Reply

zaxtiss said: »
RUN PLD WHM GEO BRD SCH SMN BLM COR DD wise WAR SAM DRK then be BLU THF(certain mobs).
You could have just said don't play RDM or MNK :-P
 Phoenix.Uzugami
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2018-06-21 13:28:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bit confused on gear progression (Or rather, what I should be aiming for?) I've been doing Legion or whatever and have like, 3800 total Hallmarks. I'm having a lot of trouble hitting Very difficult V2 boss so I was looking at getting a JSE cape with like, Acc/atk on it but someone else told me that's a bad idea, but didn't explain what I *should* be using my hallmarks for. Are JSE capes a bad investment or is it just the acc/atk a bad investment?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-21 13:32:22
Link | Quote | Reply

There's really not magic right answer.

JSE cape is VERY good. For every job. The dust augment would get you 20 acc, and in turn help you kill easier. I don't know why they told you it was a bad idea.

In the order which I would get the augments, acc/att 20 is the highest priority. It's the cheapest cost for the most value. (if, you weren't capping accuracy*)
 Phoenix.Uzugami
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2018-06-21 13:40:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not. I'm around...like 900 something acc on MNK? And was struggling to get enough TP for the SC. c: They said something like, better to make the cape for what you want down the line and gear around it?
First Page 2 3 ... 550 551 552 ... 834 835 836