Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 490 491 492 ... 834 835 836
 Odin.Horu
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: stratusx
By Odin.Horu 2017-05-24 05:28:16
Link | Quote | Reply

zaxtiss said: »
how many vit is it per 1 hp? or should i say how much hp is 1 vit
?
Vit works on defence, not hp
By baroma 2017-05-24 19:46:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Got 119 JSE weapon (Polyhymnia) from mystery box with special key. I dont yet have the requirements to make my own otherwise, but i was hoping to be able to begin augmentation process, but he wont let me. I guess i still need to get the required clears before it accepts the initial trade?
 Odin.Rikiyame
user: Rikiyame
By Odin.Rikiyame 2017-05-24 20:36:46
Link | Quote | Reply

baroma said: »
Got 119 JSE weapon (Polyhymnia) from mystery box with special key. I dont yet have the requirements to make my own otherwise, but i was hoping to be able to begin augmentation process, but he wont let me. I guess i still need to get the required clears before it accepts the initial trade?

The prerequisites for the creation process are not the same as augmenting process. You need high level content for creation but you need to beat RoV to augment the items.
By baroma 2017-05-24 21:33:53
Link | Quote | Reply

i have beaten RoV. Still not getting chance to augment.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By baroma 2017-05-24 23:20:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Figured it out! had to ask "About weapons" first before it would let me trade base weapon. Got that message, Lennart. thanks!

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2017-05-26 22:03:50
Link | Quote | Reply

what does it mean when the trust does this:

(2hr animation / sound)

and the log reads:
"xxxx stands resolute thanks to the power of the bonds that tie you!"
By Staleyx 2017-05-26 22:06:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

(2hr animation / sound)

and the log reads:

They say this during the campaign that is currently active. Gives them a 1 time Migawari type effect until re summoned. If they take dmg that would kill them, this pops up and they stay alive.
 Carbuncle.Ryubusa
Server: Carbuncle
user: CarbyRyu
By Carbuncle.Ryubusa 2017-05-26 22:31:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I just bought a new PC and I'm trying to hook it up to my TV. Everything is fine, until I try to find a wireless controller that is programmable (like game pad). I don't want to go the wired route if I can afford it.

The catch is, I'm only going to run Windows 8, as I simply don't like Windows 10.

Any suugestions on a wireless programmable controller?

Thanks!
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2017-05-26 23:12:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Staleyx said: »
Quote:

(2hr animation / sound)

and the log reads:

They say this during the campaign that is currently active. Gives them a 1 time Migawari type effect until re summoned. If they take dmg that would kill them, this pops up and they stay alive.
interesting and good to know! thanks bud
 Fenrir.Caiir
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Caiir 2017-05-27 00:36:24
Link | Quote | Reply

eslim said: »
anyone know how to make playonline viewer run in 64bit instead of 32bit ?
i know where the application is but i need the 64bit verison of the playonline application.

Bad news guy. There isn't one.
 Lakshmi.Guyledouche
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Guyledouche 2017-05-27 09:58:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello all I have a question and am hoping someone has some insight. Many moons ago I did my Sam AF quests and I think I tossed my AF gloves. Do not have then stored with my slip.I have tried to repeat the quest with Guslam and have went to Kuftal tunnel and opened a coffer but just got GIL. I Don't have any Borghertz's quests open ATM. Is there something I am missing for getting these back, need them as I would like to upgrade to the Wakido Kote. Cheers and thank you in advance for any help.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-05-27 10:14:29
Link | Quote | Reply

you have to finish 5/5 AF quests if you haven't already, then talk to vinjigard in the magic shop in lower jeuno to reset your quest memory, then start your af from the beginning(weapon) and follow the quest line until gloves
 Asura.Starfishsky
Server: Asura
user: starfish
By Asura.Starfishsky 2017-05-27 15:03:49
Link | Quote | Reply

trying to upgrade Tier 1 VNM to Tier 2 VNM in Meriphataud Mountains to pop Jyeshtha . firs time it worked, now i got a new one, and won't upgrade in over 7 tries. is the RNG bad sometimes?

Edit: it upgraded on the 8th try, finally!
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2017-05-27 15:04:44
Link | Quote | Reply

What is the best amber light value to have for KI farming?

I have the recollection that it was ~80, but I hear that max amber actually is best?
 Sylph.Ice
Server: Sylph
user: Ice
By Sylph.Ice 2017-05-27 18:05:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
h

KI: Cap it out.
Normal items (small chests: Sisyphus Fragments and the link): I stop at 88.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Guyledouche
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Guyledouche 2017-05-27 19:49:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-05-27 10:14:29
Link | Block | Pm | Quote | Reply | Report | Score: 0 +

you have to finish 5/5 AF quests if you haven't already, then talk to vinjigard in the magic shop in lower jeuno to reset your quest memory, then start your af from the beginning(weapon) and follow the quest line until gloves

Thanks oddlies!!!
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-05-29 14:00:33
Link | Quote | Reply

So, I uncapped bonecraft past 70 at some point on my smithing character for god knows why. Later, I got smithing back to 110 and deleveled bone to 70.0 in the process. Now, neither the smithing or bonecraft NPCs seem able to recap it at 70. Is there some special step that needs to be taken to do it? Do I need my bonecraft to hit 70.1 or 71? Thanks for any information.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-05-29 14:03:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
So, I uncapped bonecraft past 70 at some point on my smithing character for god knows why. Later, I got smithing back to 110 and deleveled bone to 70.0 in the process. Now, neither the smithing or bonecraft NPCs seem able to recap it at 70. Is there some special step that needs to be taken to do it? Do I need my bonecraft to hit 70.1 or 71? Thanks for any information.
Had a friend do this like 7 months ago. He said all he had to do was talk to the main craft npc for his craft(gs) to relock. I know you said you spoke with them but maybe double check.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-05-29 14:57:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, I triple checked, tried zoning, finished escutcheon quest line, checked both sandy and bastok guilds. I was thinking maybe since I'm 70.0 not above 70 it wasn't recognizing it as a need. That or the escutcheon questline interferes, which would be a pain in the *** since I'm caught up and would theoretically have to wait for them to release the last stage to finish it.
 Shiva.Hiep
Server: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2017-05-29 15:02:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Yea, I triple checked, tried zoning, finished escutcheon quest line, checked both sandy and bastok guilds. I was thinking maybe since I'm 70.0 not above 70 it wasn't recognizing it as a need. That or the escutcheon questline interferes, which would be a pain in the *** since I'm caught up and would theoretically have to wait for them to release the last stage to finish it.

Does this interfere with finishing the escutcheon quest line? I'm currently on stage 2 for my smithing mule, but have 70 uncapped leather/gold because I lvl'd them in the past to craft cursed -1 gear.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-05-29 15:11:56
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't interfere with the quest line, but obviously you have a chance to skill them and delevel your main craft. I'm not sure if it's the 70.0, having escutcheon quest started, or something else preventing me from recapping them, but if you figure out how please send me a PM.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Hiep
Server: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2017-05-29 15:30:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I was able to renounce one of my ranks after talking to the Guild Master as Chiaia recommended, but once I did, he never gave me an option to renounce my other uncapped craft. I've rezoned and talked to him multiple times but no luck. Going to talk to him tomorrow.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-05-30 01:26:02
Link | Quote | Reply

are they giving out anniversary rings this event?
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2017-05-30 09:57:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I've heard some rumblings about people solo farming omen cards - is this actually a thing and how are poeple approaching it? Just go in and complete whatever objectives you can?
 Asura.Neufko
user: siskotaru
By Asura.Neufko 2017-05-30 10:15:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I did some soloing on blm when omen came out.
I was basicaly manawall > killing everything.

With the path without middle boss you can get 3 cards reliably.

There is not so many objective you can clear as mage though :

- 15 spells,
- magic burst 30k,
- and 15k magic damage.

I'm sure any job could do well though, even if I think blm is best suited for this event, in terms of speed.
 Bismarck.Vashkoda
Server: Bismarck
user: Vashkoda
By Bismarck.Vashkoda 2017-05-30 10:20:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lunafreya said: »
I've heard some rumblings about people solo farming omen cards - is this actually a thing and how are poeple approaching it? Just go in and complete whatever objectives you can?

It's not that bad with some jobs like blu, thf and dnc, especially since the objectives scale down by a lot. Trust actions will still count for things like healing, ja's and MBs, but are less reliable for everything else. For that reason, you'll have a harder time on a non-hybrid mage job, especially since trust dds kill too slow. Luck will also play a role (you might time out on floors where you need full clears to move on). It also helps to be on a job that can use ranged attacks or otherwise pull from a distance so you don't aggro everything, especially during foggy weather.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2017-05-30 10:31:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lunafreya said: »

I kill everything on BST.
I slow it down and use trusts to help get mini-objectives more quickly.

sometimes I team up w/ 1 or 2 other people, break party and each goes in w/ trusts to do objectives very quickly.

In a duo its pretty standard to get 3 or 4 cards per run. Solo can do the same, but need to be a little careful. mistakes can end the run.
First Page 2 3 ... 490 491 492 ... 834 835 836