Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 480 481 482 ... 836 837 838
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2017-03-09 10:22:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there any reliable way to get reishi mushrooms?
I'm guessing there's a way via mog garden but I have no clue as to what methodology to use.
By veddertehtaco 2017-03-09 16:52:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Curious if there's been any testing on whether or not wsacc affects hits beyond the first in a multihit ws (eg would it be useful for something like resolution/entropy/insurgency)
If it's only the first hit, it's pretty much worthless then I'd gamble to say
Read a post about it but it seemed rather ambiguous so looking for player input/tests/etc
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2017-03-10 07:09:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone find out about the Microcosmic campaign yet or are the campaigns active?
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Server: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2017-03-10 07:53:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
Anyone find out about the Microcosmic campaign yet or are the campaigns active?
1 day after update. Almost there
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-03-13 19:52:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Low Tier spells hardly matter anymore these days, but still I wonder, would Culminus beat Ammurapi Shield on T1-T2 spells?

Despite the large difference in Mdmg, I'm leaning to think Ammurapi would still win.
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2017-03-13 20:39:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone tested Kishar ring to see if it affects anything besides Enfeebling magic?
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-03-14 10:45:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Skjalfeirdotter said: »
Has anyone tested Kishar ring to see if it affects anything besides Enfeebling magic?
Like what, for example?
 Lakshmi.Feint
Server: Lakshmi
user: feint2021
By Lakshmi.Feint 2017-03-14 17:53:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Farming for empy weapon.

With the lights event going on, do you guys think it's more efficient to farm VWNM or Salvage (In terms of gil per hour)?

I know I can get about 1.6-1.7mil worth of alex an hour with salvage (I'm running BRII on blu) but I'm not certain what I can get regularly with the other. I do dual box but with my past experience with drops in VWNM, it's hard to decide.
 Shiva.Spynx
Server: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-03-14 19:29:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Feint said: »
Farming for empy weapon.

With the lights event going on, do you guys think it's more efficient to farm VWNM or Salvage (In terms of gil per hour)?

I know I can get about 1.6-1.7mil worth of alex an hour with salvage (I'm running BRII on blu) but I'm not certain what I can get regularly with the other. I do dual box but with my past experience with drops in VWNM, it's hard to decide.

Only problem with alex farming is the one gameday re-entry cap. You can enter twice if you store a tag but that's it while VW can be long as you have voidstones. My suggestion is to do VW while campaign is active and do salvage when it's not
 Asura.Selindrile
By Asura.Selindrile 2017-03-14 21:15:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Skjalfeirdotter said: »
Like what, for example?

He probably means things like Repose (Divine Magic), Blue Magic Debuffs, Absorbs/Stun/Bio (Dark Magic), but I doubt very much that those are affected.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-03-14 21:44:19
Link | Quote | Reply

It does affect absorbs!

...It also explicitly states that it affects absorbs. I wouldn't expect any sort of hidden effect on other magics.
 Asura.Selindrile
By Asura.Selindrile 2017-03-14 23:21:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Derp, I forgot that it explicitly mentions that, I was just thinking "debuffs spells that aren't enfeebling skill".
 Fenrir.Acey
user: abyssal
By Fenrir.Acey 2017-03-15 00:09:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, so I have been having thoughts of making a new char and playing again. So my question is would it be better to just buy a char and go from there or should a play from scratch seeing how it only takes about 2 weeks to play catch up. The last time I played was about last June. Now if I do come back I want to play blue and Geo mainly I never played vlu before and wanted to try it. Now my second question would blue for a new person too it be better if I started a new char instead of buying a char.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-03-15 00:56:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Acey said: »
Okay, so I have been having thoughts of making a new char and playing again. So my question is would it be better to just buy a char and go from there or should a play from scratch seeing how it only takes about 2 weeks to play catch up. The last time I played was about last June. Now if I do come back I want to play blue and Geo mainly I never played vlu before and wanted to try it. Now my second question would blue for a new person too it be better if I started a new char instead of buying a char.

Depends on how much you enjoy the grind/missions and how much you like the sense of accomplishment from doing things yourself. Obviously buying an account gets you farther but that's $$ and you didn't really earn your way and some people really enjoy being able to say they got something on their own.
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2017-03-15 08:06:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Acey said: »

Completely depends on if you want to run around the world a LOT to do all the missions again. Even with home points/survival guides (you can pretty much teleport to almost any zone now as long as you have been there before and clicked the home point and/or book) it can still take a good amount of time to do missions.

Especially if you want to (and you should absolutely want to) complete Rhapsodies of Vanadiel. I'd say bare minimum you'd need to complete most of RoZ and CoP, substantial progress in ToAU (I think you need up to mission 17), not too bad for WoTG (mission 8), and substantial progress in SoA (mission 2-7). Not to mention that you eventually want to complete the entirety of all of those because they grant a nice bonus at the end for various things.

tl;dr make sure you are committed to a lot of your playing up front being mission related, and then major content after. I started a new character and I am still trying to complete SoA missions so I can progress through RoV >.> and this was over a year ago. Granted I did take breaks, and took breaks from missions to level jobs and mess around.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-03-15 17:58:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd say it depends how committed you are to playing. If you think there's a good chance you'll quit relatively soon, go for the bought account. You can always flip it for relatively close to what you paid if you get bored, or use it to build up a new char of your own if you get into the game.

If you're pretty sure you're going to stick to it, make your own. Rate of account recalls on purchases is terrible, and the last thing you want is to get someone else's character the way you want it just in time for them to recall it and take all your hard work.
 Leviathan.Stamos
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-03-16 14:01:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Random, how do you register a new Chocobo as a mount? I registered my old Chocobo when they first added it to mounts, but actually raised one that I didn't forget about for five years.
 Asura.Neufko
user: siskotaru
By Asura.Neufko 2017-03-16 16:14:33
Link | Quote | Reply

The info is probably already somewhere, but If you wonder why your mage does poor damage since last update, I just realized Magic burst Damage appelation has changed in gearswap.

Previously it was Magic burst mdg
it is now Magic burst dmg

It took me quite a while to figure that out, so I hope it'll be usefull for someone else

So, edit your luas

Edit > Replace

replace all occurences of mdg with dmg and you're good to go.
 Bahamut.Krizz
Server: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2017-03-16 17:03:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Why are adaman ingots so expensive now?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-03-16 17:16:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I registered my new Chocobo. Went up to Upper Jeuno and tried to trade the new Whistle and he wouldn't accept it. Not sure if it just automatically swaps your mount to whatever you have registered. Hard for me to tell atm since both Chocobos are black(lol).

Nvm just figured id dye my chocobo red and use my mount. It works. It is just tied to whichever you have registered. Not the one you traded
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2017-03-16 17:37:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Best Ambuscade WAR cape augments for Ukko's Fury would be

STR+20 DEX+10 Atk+20 Acc+20 Critical Hit Rate +10% ?

Or

STR+30?

"Double Attack" +10%?

Thanks in advance. :3

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2017-03-16 21:39:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Krizz said: »
Not very plentiful in supply, requires 3 ores to make an ingot and are used in big money synths.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-03-16 21:50:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Beatsbytaru said: »
Bahamut.Krizz said: »
Not very plentiful in supply, requires 3 ores to make an ingot and are used in big money synths.

Actually, I believe the more recent price increase is because of the kits for crafting shields.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2017-03-17 03:58:29
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone have some strategy tips for Podarge in Marjami Ravine? I've been trying to dual box her with me on PLD and an alt on BLU but she seems to do massive damage and I cant find much info on this NM.

edit: I could kill it now by sacrificing my blu for buffs, then I soloed it with my pld with just brygid as trust remaining...does the trick I suppose but it sure took me long ><
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2017-03-17 06:52:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vienner said: »
anyone have some strategy tips for Podarge in Marjami Ravine? I've been trying to dual box her with me on PLD and an alt on BLU but she seems to do massive damage and I cant find much info on this NM.

edit: I could kill it now by sacrificing my blu for buffs, then I soloed it with my pld with just brygid as trust remaining...does the trick I suppose but it sure took me long ><

Do SC and use Spectral Floe to close if you have a strong magic set. Keep magic and physical damage balanced, Requiescat may count as magic.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-03-17 15:56:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there some reliable way besides Mining and Mog Gardens to get Aht Urhgan Brass Ore/Ingots?
First Page 2 3 ... 480 481 482 ... 836 837 838