Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 434 435 436 ... 849 850 851
 Asura.Isiolia
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2016-04-19 09:09:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Krizz said: »
1) Wanted battles only require the Unity Accolades, right? There's no KI or some other requirement?

Pretty much.

A couple caveats that come to mind that that, as of last November's update, technically, you can participate without setting the objective (and in turn using Accolades). You just only get XP/CP that way.

The other is that Tumult Curator (ilevel Pandemonium Warden) requires you to have beaten the ZNM boss equivalents before you can set the objective. That's the only one, offhand, that has any prerequisite.

Bahamut.Krizz said: »
2) Does a higher ilvl make a piece of gear better than a piece of gear with slightly lower stats? For example, espial socks vs jute boots (which I got from gobbie wanted chest).

The main thing with ilevel is that it (usually) means a certain level of basic stats. For a given armor slot/type/ilevel/etc you'll typically see a relatively standard range of things like DEF, evasion/magic evasion, MDB, Haste, base stats, and so on.

On armor, those stats tend to be defensive in nature. On a weapon, you get more pseudo-skill. IE, most 119 weapons have 242 to their respective weapon type. Some have 228, and final form REMs have 269...but mostly, 242 is it. Other boosts like Magic Damage+ or Parry will also have fairly standard "base" numbers.

They did away with level difference stuff in Adoulin/etc, so your rated ilevel isn't inherently doing anything for you (other than boosting your Trust level up, as mentioned). It's all about the listed stats. However, higher ilevel items will tend to boost those. Using a lower ilevel item, or stuff like some of the Escha abjuration gear that leaves out a lot of stat bonuses, might mean dropping a substantial amount of defenses.

Long-term, you tend to shoot for 119 stuff anyway. However, in the meantime, you do at least want to keep ilevel in mind if you're having survivability issues.
 Sylph.Jrpg
Server: Sylph
user: ohnogc
By Sylph.Jrpg 2016-04-19 11:02:22
Link | Quote | Reply

How do I get Heart Apron?
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-04-19 11:26:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jrpg said: »
Valentine's event, or get a Mog Kupon AW-Cos, which I recall are prizes from Bonanza, but I think green mog pell might give them out as well.
 Sylph.Jrpg
user: ohnogc
By Sylph.Jrpg 2016-04-19 11:52:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Sylph.Jrpg said: »
Valentine's event, or get a Mog Kupon AW-Cos, which I recall are prizes from Bonanza, but I think green mog pell might give them out as well.

Turns out the apron is not on the green mog pell (Heartbeater's on there, if it's related). Used a AW-Cos from a mule and sent it to my main.

Thanks for helping me on my never-ending quest to look sugoi :3
[+]
 Bahamut.Krizz
Server: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2016-04-19 12:03:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Windower 4 just stopped opening for me. It spends a lot of time (10+ seconds?_ on the smaller splash screen (the one that only says Windower 4) before moving to the next screen. On one of the attempts it downloaded a guildwork update, but otherwise it's just sitting with the dots going across the screen.

Ok, so while I was typing this post, and discussing lunch with Sav, it finally loaded all the way into Windower. Total load time was probably greater than 3 minutes vs the usual <10 seconds (excluding updates, of course).

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Asura.Isiolia said: »
Thanks.
By Faelar 2016-04-19 12:19:19
Link | Quote | Reply

For a returning player, would it be best to spend my Sparks on the starter gear (in my case Wayfarer set) or would they be best spent on the items to make Reforged Artifact?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-04-19 12:36:52
Link | Quote | Reply

you two will be able to do the BCNM freely for papers soon

freely as in free to enter?

Post deleted by User.
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-04-19 12:40:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Grumpy Cat said: »

No I mean freely as in "soon you will be strong enough to duo mindlessly any time you want."
darn, I thought maybe you knew of a thing coming up to let us do free BCNMs
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-04-19 13:54:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Well they're free if you use someone else's seals, technically lol
 Bismarck.Dubai
Server: Bismarck
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2016-04-20 03:00:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been trying to force pop Warden's up in Escha-Ru'(sky) , but been having a really tough time making them to force pop.

For example; on days when players on my server are killing "Naga Raja" continuously and I get the "Rare Enemy+" Spoil, it takes about 10-45 minutes to force pop Warden's.

But on days(recently) when no one bothers to touch it, like yesterday, I spent a freaking 1-hour and 45 minutes but with not even a single Warden popping. Kinda Frustrating.

So my Question is, how much of a difference does the a NM's "Rare Enemy+" Spoil has? Or do I just have bad luck?
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2016-04-20 06:20:27
Link | Quote | Reply

No I mean freely as in "soon you will be strong enough to duo mindlessly any time you want."
darn, I thought maybe you knew of a thing coming up to let us do free BCNMs

They are free if you buy the orb from the log in points moogles.
 Asura.Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-04-20 09:04:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Wheres a good spot to farm job points solo on aoe Blu?
I've been doing Woh Gates but just curious if there's a better spot.

Thanks
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2016-04-20 09:14:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dubai said: »
I've been trying to force pop Warden's up in Escha-Ru'(sky) , but been having a really tough time making them to force pop.

For example; on days when players on my server are killing "Naga Raja" continuously and I get the "Rare Enemy+" Spoil, it takes about 10-45 minutes to force pop Warden's.

But on days(recently) when no one bothers to touch it, like yesterday, I spent a freaking 1-hour and 45 minutes but with not even a single Warden popping. Kinda Frustrating.

So my Question is, how much of a difference does the a NM's "Rare Enemy+" Spoil has? Or do I just have bad luck?

The base chance of popping an NM is estimated to be 1/100. After that, by SEs own Vorseals chart, each Rare Enemy+ vorseal you have increases the chance by a set value. See the numbers below.
1 vorseal = 1/94
2 vorseal = 1/88
3 vorseal = 1/82
4 vorseal = 1/76
5 vorseal = 1/70
6 vorseal = 1/64
7 vorseal = 1/58
8 vorseal = 1/52
9 vorseal = 1/46
10 vorseal = 1/40
11 vorseal = 1/34
[+]
 Valefor.Mesmer
Server: Valefor
user: Poppadean
By Valefor.Mesmer 2016-04-20 09:20:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Am I completely missing how BLU learns magic. I am capped wait for the spell kill said mob and sure enough no spell. 1-16 and learned 2 is there a trick I am missing?
 Asura.Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-04-20 09:26:54
Link | Quote | Reply

No, you're just having a run of bad luck. Using AF hands and MND gear is supposed to help too apparently. But mostly it's just luck if you learn.
 Asura.Brennski
user: Ogri
By Asura.Brennski 2016-04-20 09:28:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Blue Magic learning is quite alot of luck based. AF Hands/Reforged add an increased chance. BLU Spells can only be learnt for appropriate levels google 'Blue Magic Hunting Grounds' for a good list of the level of the BLU Spells.

Skill + AF Hands are the best way to learn so when I went learning I put on all my skill gear and AF Hands and just let mobs use moves to learn them.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2016-04-20 09:30:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Mesmer said: »
Am I completely missing how BLU learns magic. I am capped wait for the spell kill said mob and sure enough no spell. 1-16 and learned 2 is there a trick I am missing?

At your level be sure to learn some good spells such as Head Butt, Cocoon, Bludgeon(lvl 18)

Asura.Brennski said: »
Blue Magic learning is quite alot of luck based. AF Hands/Reforged add an increased chance. BLU Spells can only be learnt for appropriate levels google 'Blue Magic Hunting Grounds' for a good list of the level of the BLU Spells.

^This. As you're leveling BLU it's a good idea to keep your skills capped and find newer spells.
 Valefor.Mesmer
By Valefor.Mesmer 2016-04-20 09:32:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Trying but man is this learning being stubborn
 Bismarck.Zuidar
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2016-04-20 09:35:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok what spells do you currently have set and what spells are you trying to learn?
 Valefor.Mesmer
By Valefor.Mesmer 2016-04-20 09:38:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zuidar said: »

Ok what spells do you currently have set and what spells are you trying to learn?

I have the only 2 I have learn so far Pollen and Sandspin so far pollen is getting a work out keeping me capped. trying to learn the rest on 1-17 level spells.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2016-04-20 09:51:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zuidar said: »

I have the only 2 I have learn so far Pollen and Sandspin so far pollen is getting a work out keeping me capped. trying to learn the rest on 1-17 level spells.

Here's a few good spells you want to get, though Bludgeon/Head butt are best to get first.

you can go to Tahrongi canyon and try to learn Cocoon from crawlers, sprout smack from saplings, Wild oats from mandragoras. Feather Storm from Yagudos.
Go to Either Konschtat Highlands or Palborough mines if you want to learn Headbutt from Quadavs.

Bludgeon go to the horutoto ruins south-west tower bottom of west sarutabaruta and fight cardians. Footkick from rabbits
 Bahamut.Krizz
Server: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2016-04-20 10:00:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Grats on pollen. I think it is still in the top 3 for me on spells that took the longest to learn.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-04-20 11:11:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »
MND gear
No. The only things the game cares about are whether or not you meet the minimum skill requirement for that spell (=skill cap for 5 levels below the spell you're trying to learn) and whether or not you're wearing AF/reforge hands.
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-04-20 11:34:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I never said it was 100% accurate lol just said apparently, seen it mentioned before.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-04-20 11:58:18
Link | Quote | Reply

^That's the short version of how crackpot theories like CHR for voke and day/moonphase crafting become apocrypha. The story gets passed around without any supporting evidence, yet people start buying into it anyway. MND for spells is much the same.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2016-04-20 12:05:34
Link | Quote | Reply

MND only has a 25% boost to learning Blue Magic anyway. It's CHR that really helps boost learning Blue Magic. I think the equation is:
Chance = 1 / (Monster CHR - Player CHR) * Floor(Player CHR) * 100

/s
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2016-04-20 12:09:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Aye because people will do it because they are desperate and get lucky while doing it and claim it's true like going into Maat naked will make him easier... that was a funny one.
First Page 2 3 ... 434 435 436 ... 849 850 851