Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 421 422 423 ... 843 844 845
 Fenrir.Divinian
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2016-02-15 12:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I named it Sparks, so I just do //lua unload Sparks

Hope this helps.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-02-15 12:16:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Divinian said: »
I named it Sparks, so I just do //lua unload Sparks

Hope this helps.

indeed it does. Do these programs unload/disengage when you zone or after a set time? Or do they remain active until you use that command or shut down?
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-02-15 12:34:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I was told that this was probably the better script for getting things with sparks. It also has the added benefit allowing you to easily get a different item instead of Acheron Shields if you so desire.

Quote:
Or do they remain active until you use that command or shut down?

That one stays active until you unload it.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-02-15 12:46:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
I was told that this was probably the better script for getting things with sparks. It also has the added benefit allowing you to easily get a different item instead of Acheron Shields if you so desire.

certainly is a lot longer. Whats the difference between the two? I only have a very basic coding sense. And even that was 10+ years ago that i learned it. Forgotten most since then; havnt used it.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2016-02-15 12:50:20
Link | Quote | Reply

The extra lines help prevent errors that might send sketchy messages to the server. Also, instead of just click and exiting, you do //sparks buy "item" to get your stuff. Just make sure it's spelled correctly.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-02-15 12:57:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, instead of just click and exiting, you do //sparks buy "item" to get your stuff.
If you dont have to talk/exit then that mean that would work from anywhere? Or do you still have to engage with the npc.

Just make sure it's spelled and capitalized correctly.
Theirs always a damn catch...
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2016-02-15 13:02:46
Link | Quote | Reply

You still have to be close to the NPC (within 5'). It actually doesn't need to be capitalized but yeah, you do need to spell it right.
 Sylph.Jrpg
Server: Sylph
user: ohnogc
By Sylph.Jrpg 2016-02-15 13:24:16
Link | Quote | Reply

So the devs have stated in a Freshly Picked Vana'diel:

Quote:
Also included in “Other” are those that choose to trade in Dark Matter with their equipment and gain a special Arcane Glyptic. Among them is “Treasure Hunter” which is a property that cannot be obtained through normal Arcane Glyptics. Also among the best results include having “Double Attack +5%”, “Triple Attack +4%” and “Quadruple Attack +3%” all at the same time. Dark Matter also has a chance to yield higher stat gains than other stones. For example, a Pellucid Stone can give up to +40 but Dark Matter can give up to +50.

It has been a while since people found out that they can use DM to augment armor/weapons, so has anyone obtained anything actually usable as a TP or nuking set from DM augments? Has anyone seen more than one multi-attack augment on one armor/weapon, like DA+TA, TA+QA or all three? And if so, how much DM did it take before they saw it?
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
Server: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2016-02-15 15:05:35
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone else having issues with curing trusts?

i can't do /ma cure3 trustname
i can't do /ma cure3 <p5>

however
i can do /ma cure3 <stpt>
i can do /ma cure3 <stpc>

so direct targeting on them does not work it has to go throug an "arrow" first
 Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster 2016-02-15 15:29:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Gaiarorshack said: »
anyone else having issues with curing trusts?

i can't do /ma cure3 trustname
i can't do /ma cure3 <p5>

however
i can do /ma cure3 <stpt>
i can do /ma cure3 <stpc>

so direct targeting on them does not work it has to go throug an "arrow" first

I haven't had any problems with using Shortcuts and typing:

/c3 aug

/c3 arc

to cure my trusts
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-02-15 18:02:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Or do they remain active until you use that command or shut down?

That one stays active until you unload it.

is there anywhere i can read up on a run down of how it use windower, from the basic set up on up?
 Phoenix.Jessamyn
Server: Phoenix
user: Jessamyn
By Phoenix.Jessamyn 2016-02-15 20:11:22
Link | Quote | Reply

When doing Telchine augments for GEO, I take it you want:

duskorb for Pet -Dmg
leaforb for Pet Regen+

Any hints on the third augment? Does snoworb Pet Def+ affect Luopan? Is Pet Def+ even the one I want?
 Asura.Kareman
Server: Asura
user: Careman
By Asura.Kareman 2016-02-16 03:56:42
Link | Quote | Reply

How much alexandrite does a THF get per run in salvage II, and how long does each run take you?
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-02-16 04:06:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends on the run, how lucky you get with cottons/single alex drops and time will vary on what you decide to kill.

Im AR2 I skip floor 1 chigoe, floor 4 qutrub and kill all the spawned gears on floor 5 and clear in about 40mins on THF.

As for Alex, again depends on what you kill, all that is guaranteed is the alex drops off gears and chariots and the HQ boss linen which in AR2 should be a minimum of 100 but could be towards 300 if you get lucky with pouch drops.
 Asura.Kareman
Server: Asura
user: Careman
By Asura.Kareman 2016-02-16 04:09:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you know your average amount of alex on those 40 minute runs?

edit: Ok, didnt see ur edit before this reply! thanks.
By macy85 2016-02-16 04:45:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello guys, anyone who tried during the september campaign knows how good is the arcane glyphtics campaign that we get this week? The chance to get decent augments on ra'kaznar gear is improved for real or is just shitty as usual? Thanks
By Amunaptra 2016-02-16 05:28:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I've noticed that some weapons have 2 different Magic Accuracy stats:

like Solstice have:
Magic Accuracy +15
Magic Accuracy Skill +215

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Solstice

what's the difference?
how can I compare these stats with another item that has only magic accuracy skill?

ty
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-02-16 05:44:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Amunaptra said: »
I've noticed that some weapons have 2 different Magic Accuracy stats:

like Solstice have:
Magic Accuracy +15
Magic Accuracy Skill +215

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Solstice

what's the difference?
how can I compare these stats with another item that has only magic accuracy skill?

ty

"Magic accuracy skill+" effectively raises your magic skill ratings to the level where they would be at if your character was at the level of the weapon in your main hand. Let's say, if there was no item level and you were a level 119 rdm, your default enfeebling magic skill cap would be 639, but since it is capped at 424 for level 99, "Magic accuracy skill+" on your main weapon gives you the missing skill points.

"Magic accuracy+" works the same way as it did pre-item level. It is added to your magic accuracy from INT or MND and relevant magic skill to calculate your final magic accuracy.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2016-02-16 06:30:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Please note, however, that Magic Accuracy Skill is only +X to a magic skill for the purpose of calculating Macc.
(So the healing magic example is moot, since it wouldn't be a factor. Since healing magic doesn't do Macc.)

EDIT:
macy85 said: »
Hello guys, anyone who tried during the september campaign knows how good is the arcane glyphtics campaign that we get this week? The chance to get decent augments on ra'kaznar gear is improved for real or is just shitty as usual? Thanks
It's the same augments.
It's just that the ranges are smaller so you'll get better augments easier. (eg: 2 stones instead of 30)

The Ra'kaznar upgrade KI, however, is still stupid and while more common... ∞/2 still is ∞.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-02-16 07:34:36
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
Please note, however, that Magic Accuracy Skill is only +X to a magic skill for the purpose of calculating Macc.
(So the healing magic example is moot, since it wouldn't be a factor. Since healing magic doesn't do Macc.)

It is actually not moot against undead :P but yeah, it is like the worst example to explain it. Idk why I chose that tbh <.<
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-02-16 12:52:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
is there anywhere i can read up on a run down of how it use windower, from the basic set up on up?
havnt used it before so curious to read up on how it works and how to set it up etc.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2016-02-16 13:23:34
Link | Quote | Reply

You can just read up on it on the website you download it from.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-02-16 13:34:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I was looking on there last night. I didnt find anything that goes over how to set it up and use it correctly etc. Maybe i just missed it i dont know..

edit: everything i saw was more along the lines of how to develop coding and other stuff.
By fonewear 2016-02-16 13:36:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a question why do people need an afterglow relic to go afk in Jeuno ?
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-02-16 18:11:47
Link | Quote | Reply

so i dl'ed windower on my laptop. How do i go about adding that script to.. where ever its supposed to go, implementing it, and being able to use it?
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2016-02-16 18:17:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Go to your Windower4->addons folder. Create a new folder called "sparks". If you're using the longer one I linked, paste the sparks code into notepad++ and save it as sparks.lua in the new sparks folder. Do the same with the map.lua that's also in that link.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-02-16 18:28:49
Link | Quote | Reply

i dl'ed notepad++ and c/p the sparks part into it. Is it ok if the formatting/spacing isnt the same? Cause it gets rid of all the extra 'return' spaces and indentations. Making it 128 lines instead of 145. Is there a way to make this formatting carry over? I used to do very basic coding a decade ago. I do remember how annoying not having the proper indentation can be.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2016-02-16 19:43:19
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Can you trade the pluton as you go for upgrade or do you have to do all 10k at once ?

Think about it and you'll figure out that's a stupid question.

Quote:
i dl'ed notepad++ and c/p the sparks part into it. Is it ok if the formatting/spacing isnt the same? Cause it gets rid of all the extra 'return' spaces and indentations. Making it 128 lines instead of 145. Is there a way to make this formatting carry over? I used to do very basic coding a decade ago. I do remember how annoying not having the proper indentation can be.

It should be fine if you just copy and pasted it.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-02-16 19:46:35
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Can you trade the pluton as you go for upgrade or do you have to do all 10k at once ?
The diplomatic version of Kyte's response is that plutons stack to 99 and you need 10k, there is no physical way to hand them all in at once.
First Page 2 3 ... 421 422 423 ... 843 844 845