Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 261 262 263 ... 849 850 851

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-03-15 12:35:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yojimmbo said: »
Can the Chocobo Mask/Suit be sent to other characters within the same account?
SE said:
*Chocobo Masques, Chocobo Masques +1, Chocobo Suits, Chocobo Suits +1 cannot be delivered to different characters on the same account.
Source. It's the third thing under the sentence talking about their obtainment.
 Sylph.Kawar
Server: Sylph
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2014-03-15 13:43:39
Link | Quote | Reply

in abby how do you hold a KI for all 3 T3 fights that drop colorless souls one for each zone.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-03-15 13:49:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kawar said: »
in abby how do you hold a KI for all 3 T3 fights that drop colorless souls one for each zone.

you upgrade a colorful abyssite by killing the T2 in each of those zones. The upgrade rate is pretty pathetic, though, and you will need to obtain a new colorful after upgrading yours.
 Siren.Finality
Server: Siren
user: Finality
By Siren.Finality 2014-03-16 03:25:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello again! I'm currently working towards Excalibur for my PLD. I've got my mind set on it, but I'm curious as to how big of a damage boon it really is over Buramenk'ah.
Can anyone who knows how to use the damage calculator give me exact numbers of Bura vs Excal on Delve Megabosses assuming 3~4 songs, while sword/shield. I'm curious what the %age increase in damage is for this upgrade. Thanks in advance! \(^_^ )/

p.s. Please don't flame me, I know PLD isn't the best option for delve or even an option at all for most players on here. With that said, it's the job I enjoy playing and doing content on, so let's not have that argument here please. ^^
 Caitsith.Zefiris
Server: Caitsith
user: Zefiris
By Caitsith.Zefiris 2014-03-16 11:24:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi all, I quit a few years ago around the time Abyssea was introduced and I wanna make a new character. Does anyone have suggestions on which server is the most populated? I'd like to be able to find people to chat with and do stuff with. -Thanks!
By Leoheart 2014-03-16 11:31:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zefiris said: »
Hi all, I quit a few years ago around the time Abyssea was introduced and I wanna make a new character. Does anyone have suggestions on which server is the most populated? I'd like to be able to find people to chat with and do stuff with. -Thanks!

I keep hearing Asura lately whenever this question pops up, so maybe ask a few people from there.
By Pantafernando 2014-03-16 13:38:16
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are starting from very scratch, i can say that asura is your best bet. Reddit ls is the most new player/returner from a long time ls ive seen in this game. Everyday someone doing lbs, abyssea wins, worm party.

Now if you want something more advanced, dont go to asura. That server sucks, the people here sucks, most of ls here sucks also. Every week someone try to create a new event ls, soon after the leader give up and dtop playing, or dont have a single clue of what endgame is. And most socials ls people barely say anything, and barely want to do anything.

Ofc there are a few of promising event ls, i wont advertise, just check asura forum.

Btw, welcome back, cutie! If you like a baby lontra, add me to your friend list <.<
 Caitsith.Zefiris
Server: Caitsith
user: Zefiris
By Caitsith.Zefiris 2014-03-16 15:58:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the insight, Leo and Panta. I'll definitely add you Panta when I finally get my account set up (could be a few days XD). I won't be doing end game stuff for a long time, just taking it slow and having fun. :D
 Asura.Kharlan
Server: Asura
user: Kharlan
By Asura.Kharlan 2014-03-16 16:23:48
Link | Quote | Reply

How tough is Supernal Chapuli in Ceizak? Trioable with high-end gear? I think he has a 20min time limit or something iirc.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-03-16 16:30:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kharlan said: »
How tough is Supernal Chapuli in Ceizak? Trioable with high-end gear? I think he has a 20min time limit or something iirc.

It's solo-able by a handful of jobs, trio if you know what you're doing, should be a piece of cake.
[+]
 Odin.Calipso
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-03-16 17:21:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi all, I quit a few years ago around the time Abyssea was introduced and I wanna make a new character. Does anyone have suggestions on which server is

Odin is and always has been a pretty populated server. There's lots of little social shells, and a pretty decent endgame presence. Lots of shouts on a daily basis (aa, sknm, voidwatch, some delve, etc).
[+]
By Ravenn42 2014-03-17 09:06:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I have been doing AA fights on Cor as of late when groups can't find a BRD. Most of the time the leader says just roll and cast diaga after shadows. I was just wondering if COR can be a effective damage dealer. I still need to work on a few sets but I been using delve gun and high lvl bullets with 5/5 last stand and not really doing that much damage.

I can work on my sets if it can be a good DO just wanted to know if it can be a good DD or if I should just stick to rolls and debuff.
 Asura.Babydrulian
By Asura.Babydrulian 2014-03-17 12:46:02
Link | Quote | Reply

How many people does it take to kill the Arch Dynamis Lord now with the better gear?
By Pantafernando 2014-03-17 12:50:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Babydrulian said: »
How many people does it take to kill the Arch Dynamis Lord now with the better gear?

Aparently, 1 smn is the min currently achieved.
 Asura.Babydrulian
By Asura.Babydrulian 2014-03-17 12:53:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

What about a BST and a THF? you think it could handle it? I've never fought this guy before.. but I'd imagine he'll be easier with the SoA gear
By Pantafernando 2014-03-17 19:36:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

What about a BST and a THF? you think it could handle it? I've never fought this guy before.. but I'd imagine he'll be easier with the SoA gear

Not even in dreams.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-03-18 17:03:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ravenn42 said: »
I have been doing AA fights on Cor as of late when groups can't find a BRD. Most of the time the leader says just roll and cast diaga after shadows. I was just wondering if COR can be a effective damage dealer. I still need to work on a few sets but I been using delve gun and high lvl bullets with 5/5 last stand and not really doing that much damage.

I can work on my sets if it can be a good DO just wanted to know if it can be a good DD or if I should just stick to rolls and debuff.

Some people disagree, but I've done plenty of AA on COR and I don't really think it's very effective to bother trying for damage on D/VD. I prefer just coming /WHM and being on top of hastes, Dia II+Light Shot every time it wears, etc. If you want to shoot on D/VD you need preludes from a BRD (if you have RNG as DDs this shouldn't be an issue), and need very good Racc gear (i.e. 119AF) to get any decent hit rate. In any case, if your AA strategy requires that a COR be a solid damage contributor to get a win there are much bigger problems than your COR's DD gear.

MR and HM in particular I'd forget about shooting. MR even on D is going to be awful for your R.Acc. HM is not quite as rough on racc requirements, but /WHM is a lot more helpful since you can be on top of removing ninjutsu debuffs from the tank and easing your WHM's workload.

On Normal or lower (which I'd kinda assume you're doing if your group is going with a COR and no BRD) you'll be able to hit the mobs without much issue, but you want to consider whether you WANT to be doing stuff like firing off 5/5 Last Stands which pull a lot of hate. If you have a PLD tank and RNG DDs (using Decoy Shot), you might just make the run more messy/difficult if you're shooting away for some epeen reasons of proving COR can hang with the DDs. So for that reason, sometimes it's best to just let the DDs do their thing and again sit back and /mage: haste, diaII+light shot, diaga HM shadows, etc. If you're using melee DDs like MNKs or something, yeah feel free to shoot if you want.

Also, just in general for COR: upgrade that Delve gun (Surefire) to at least Eminent Gun, it has 53 more skill so will do a lot better for you. Unless you meant RoE instead of Delve...
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-03-18 17:07:52
Link | Quote | Reply

With SV, COR can do respectable damage on VD but will tend to pull hate and die in singles. Without SV, it's hardly worth bothering.

I would agree that it's not really the best option on singles, but you can do decent on VD DM if you're mindful of enmity(since they die faster and you're less likely to have trouble with cap).
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-03-18 17:10:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
I would agree that it's not really the best option on singles, but you can do decent on VD DM if you're mindful of enmity(since they die faster and you're less likely to have trouble with cap).

Good point, and yeah my comments were more focused on singles.
 Valefor.Angelous
Server: Valefor
user: Angelus
By Valefor.Angelous 2014-03-18 19:32:07
Link | Quote | Reply

With the update did they release the pops for the new delve nms outside not in the fracture or that coming with later update?
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-03-18 19:56:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Angelous said: »
With the update did they release the pops for the new delve nms outside not in the fracture or that coming with later update?

we have pops and beads and fracture pop items, and all drops for the outside NMs. the fractures are still unavailable until later this month
 Valefor.Angelous
user: Angelus
By Valefor.Angelous 2014-03-19 02:18:51
Link | Quote | Reply

The new delve drops from the nms they still plasm or is it different type of currency?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-03-19 02:43:59
Link | Quote | Reply

It's the same. It's offset by the fact that new armor and weapons require quite a lot of plasm to fully upgrade since they take twice as many airlixirs and a decent chunk just to buy the base piece. I imagine yumcax, kumhau, and hurkan will give more plasm than tojil, daquwaka, and muyingwa.
 Asura.Ackeronll
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-03-19 06:59:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a Moogle Slip for Delve and WKR stuff? Trying to clean up my inventory.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-03-19 07:00:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ackeronll said: »
Is there a Moogle Slip for Delve and WKR stuff? Trying to clean up my inventory.
Unfortunately, no.
 Asura.Ackeronll
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-03-19 07:07:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Asura.Ackeronll said: »
Unfortunately, no.
Ugh. Ok thanks.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 261 262 263 ... 849 850 851