Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 238 239 240 ... 840 841 842

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Mazikeen
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Thps
By Bismarck.Mazikeen 2013-12-06 18:10:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously I think I'm HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. Downloaded the free trial of SoA this morning... How are we supposed to be able to use it without a code?

It's grayed out on the login screen and I can't find anymore info on it.
By Pantafernando 2013-12-07 05:58:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi.
I want to ask about something weird that happened with me while in worm party 2x today.
2 dragon meat poped in gold pyxie then i transfered them to pool.
Then i passed any drop before it, like meat was the 7th and 8th on list and i passed everything till the 6th and was waiting fot it to drop.
Then the meat dropped before the 4th and 5th loot, and both to the same jp guy.
Is that a kind of cheating or the pool order dont really mean the order pf dropping?
Thanks in advance.
 Siren.Finality
Server: Siren
user: Finality
By Siren.Finality 2013-12-07 06:29:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Tried to do my home work, looked through graphics guides and google, can't figure it out. How can I adjust my windower settings to have a nice clean resolution while having large easy to read chat? Thanks in advance! People say edit the "launcher.ini" file, how can I locate that, i've done a search on my computer and came up with nothing.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-12-07 07:04:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Finality said: »
Tried to do my home work, looked through graphics guides and google, can't figure it out. How can I adjust my windower settings to have a nice clean resolution while having large easy to read chat? Thanks in advance! People say edit the "launcher.ini" file, how can I locate that, i've done a search on my computer and came up with nothing.

using windower 4, open it up, and select the profile you want to use. hit the edit button on the bottom, select the Game tab, and increase the UI scale.
 Siren.Finality
By Siren.Finality 2013-12-07 07:22:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a noob! :D Thanks for the help Snprphnx!
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-12-07 09:49:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Hi.
I want to ask about something weird that happened with me while in worm party 2x today.
Then i passed any drop before it, like meat was the 7th and 8th on list and i passed everything till the 6th and was waiting fot it to drop.
Is that a kind of cheating or the pool order dont really mean the order pf dropping?
Thanks in advance.

It's random, but I've heard it has a higher chance of dropping to people who have been in the party longest.
By minikomby 2013-12-07 10:23:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello guys i want to ask about something ^^

after you get 300 items for REM weapons, npc says you need to wait 1 day, what he does mean? 1 day game or 1 day RL game?
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2013-12-07 10:34:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Hi.
Thanks in advance.

It's random, but I've heard it has a higher chance of dropping to people who have been in the party longest.

In Dynamis, relics will stay in the pool longer while currency flows through. It's possible that the meat will do this, while ores flow through. If that's the case then the meat hit the 5:00 (or whatever) mark and finally dropped.

Also, there's no telling where those meats were intended to drop, perhaps much of the alliance, thank you silver ore, had full inventories. Maybe there was 18 people, and only 4 people with inventory space.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-12-07 11:03:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Omnys said: »
Hi.
Thanks in advance.

In Dynamis, relics will stay in the pool longer while currency flows through. It's possible that the meat will do this, while ores flow through. If that's the case then the meat hit the 5:00 (or whatever) mark and finally dropped.

Also, there's no telling where those meats were intended to drop, perhaps much of the alliance, thank you silver ore, had full inventories. Maybe there was 18 people, and only 4 people with inventory space.

Isn't there generally a message when a party member has a full inventory and it was intended to sort to them?

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-12-07 11:08:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
Isn't there generally a message when a party member has a full inventory and it was intended to sort to them?
no, only appears if that person is quartermaster

Might want to test that, I've seen it far too often in worm parties where quartermaster doesn't happen.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-12-07 11:19:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Josiahfk said: »
I have, sat in crawlers nest last night getting a friend coffer key. like 500 beetle shells later and everyone 80/80 for 2 hours. No messages appeared for anyone just "the ***has been lost" when it hit the floor each time

Try it if one person has plenty of space and the others are 80/80. When the item tries to sort to the person who is full, they should get the message "you were unable to obtain X" and it should sort to the person with space. That's my experience, but I can't test it atm.
By Moonwalkerv 2013-12-07 12:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Mazikeen said: »
Seriously I think I'm HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. Downloaded the free trial of SoA this morning... How are we supposed to be able to use it without a code?

It's grayed out on the login screen and I can't find anymore info on it.

I'm in the same boat as you :(

No idea how to get it to work
By Pantafernando 2013-12-07 12:43:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi.
Agaisnt bee, what ws rng use for markmanship?
I dont jave coronach, so i just have access to wildfire and normal ws.
Thanks in advance.
 Phoenix.Supakoneko
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Supakoneko 2013-12-07 16:41:24
Link | Quote | Reply

minikomby said: »
Hello guys i want to ask about something ^^

after you get 300 items for REM weapons, npc says you need to wait 1 day, what he does mean? 1 day game or 1 day RL game?

One game day
 Siren.Piccollo
By Siren.Piccollo 2013-12-07 17:10:14
Link | Quote | Reply

is the game actually worth the subscription fee anymore?
 Cerberus.Diabolique
Server: Cerberus
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-12-07 17:28:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Piccollo said: »
is the game actually worth the subscription fee anymore?
Seems like something you'd have to figure out for yourself. For those that do play the answer is probably some sort of yes. It's 12.95 a month, if you can think of something more fun to do with that same amount of money over a months time, then it probably isn't worth bothering with.
Isn't there some sort of free trial thing for people that have ever had an account now? May as well try that.
Answer would change a lot depending on if you still have friends that play as well. I wouldn't come back at all if I had none around.
Hi.
Agaisnt bee, what ws rng use for markmanship?
I dont jave coronach, so i just have access to wildfire and normal ws.
Thanks in advance.
Last Stand. Can't imagine Wildfire would do any real damage to it and Rng probably doesn't have any kind of acc issue's against bee at this point.

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Angeluzun
Server: Valefor
user: Angeluzun
By Valefor.Angeluzun 2013-12-07 18:14:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a thread or a post somewhere that tells returning players how to start into adulin content? I got the expansion about a month after release (when they put the price at around $10?) went to adulin, couldn't figure out my head from my *** and promptly quit. Help?
 Alexander.Carrelo
Server: Alexander
user: Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2013-12-07 18:19:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Angeluzun said: »
Is there a thread or a post somewhere that tells returning players how to start into adulin content? I got the expansion about a month after release (when they put the price at around $10?) went to adulin, couldn't figure out my head from my *** and promptly quit. Help?
There are NPCs to explain pretty much everything. :o The main page of bgwiki has a bunch of handy links for Seekers content too.
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2013-12-07 18:29:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Angeluzun said: »
Reives/quests for Bayld, buy bayld gear to get yourself somewhat up to standards so you don't get raped by the content. Then start gearing up further with Skirmishes(Yorcia being the most important imho) and Wildskeeper Reives. From there you can start looking more at Delve content for the last bit of high end stuff to shoot for.

Other than that you can throw in quests/missions/Coalition stuff in between or after getting geared. For more in depth info on the individual content, I'd use BG wiki like Carrelo said.

TLDR: Reives/Bayld Gear -> Skirmish/Wildskeeper Reives -> Delve
With random quests/missions thrown in as you please.
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2013-12-07 18:46:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Nikia said: »
What is best WoE zones to solo as BLU for Coins of Glory and the other 2 items?
Thank you.
If you're talking true solo as in nobody else in the aea with you then I'd say Amphitheater (flux 9) would be the easiest. Turtles isn't too bad but the boss turtles can sometimes be troublesome with tensudo stomp.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2013-12-07 22:40:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Flux 9 will cover coins and die, it's possible to get residue from there too but it's very uncommon. More common in flux 12-15. I haven't had the chance to try those on my own as yet because theres always people there. If you have good gear sets you might be able to solo the Behemoth (Flux 14), Iron giants I think will depend on if you can keep them stunned. (Its not nice getting all your gear blown off)

For Residue your best options are fluxes 12-15, for die it's 9-11. Coins can drop in any.
By Moonwalkerv 2013-12-08 02:28:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm debating getting a Blitto Needle to replace my STR thokcha...does it really seem worth it?

At 3 odd million, is it a decent buy?
 Siren.Finality
By Siren.Finality 2013-12-08 04:18:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Attempting to edit my Timers.xml when I save it says "Save failed: Please check if the file is opened in another program". So I task manager, no other programs running, reboot, still doesn't work. Any ideas?
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2013-12-08 12:05:40
Link | Quote | Reply

What would be the best place to farm Sacred Kindred Crests?

What would be a Solid Settup for the SKC 20 fights ?
First Page 2 3 ... 238 239 240 ... 840 841 842