users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Assassin's Charge
Assassin's Charge
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2012-02-26 04:34:39
Link | Quote | Reply

In one of the previous threads i posted in i saw that a fellow thf adds a Chiner's Belt, and a Demonry Ring along with the Assassin's Poulains +2, to their AC set.

IS AC the same as SA and TA in which they need to be equipped in order to take benefit of them?

This is my current SA+WS set for MS

Now would the Feet, Ring, and Belt need to be equipped with the WS set so looking like this:

in order to take effect? Im assuming it would need to but if anyone could clarify that would be great.

Thanks
Chaos
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-02-26 04:44:00
Link | Quote | Reply

There really needs to be no assumption-making here. Yes, you need to wear the "enhances triple attack damage" gear when the triple attack happens.
[+]
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2012-02-26 05:20:59
Link | Quote | Reply

meh i was afraid someone was gonna say that >.>, back to making more macro's.....

Thanks for the response tho
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-02-26 05:21:52
Link | Quote | Reply

You were afraid that the gear does exactly what it says it does? o.0
[+]
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-26 05:23:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Heres the interesting thing. SE couldn't implement the accuracy thing, so apparently they're planning on making AC merits 5% chance to Quadruple Attack per upgrade.

I wonder how that will interact with TA DMG+ items?
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-02-26 05:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

It would make them 20% less effective if you full merited it. I don't see the point in meriting it at all, but that's another topic I suppose.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-26 05:29:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinjo said: »
It would make them 20% less effective if you full merited it. I don't see the point in meriting it at all, but that's another topic I suppose.

Lack of better options?
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-02-26 05:44:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Maths from quite awhile back showed the gains to be very insignificant. If you aren't using Mercy Stroke or Rudra's Storm, its best use is already for TP gain (which is further reduced in high haste situations).

I don't care much about maximizing THF damage - especially through minimal gains - so I stick to utility.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-26 05:51:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I kind of operate under the assumption that if you're serious about THF, you're going to be using either Rudra's or Mercy Stroke.

If you're not though, then yeah, I can see how there'd be no reason to merit AC.
[+]
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2012-02-26 08:16:18
Link | Quote | Reply

ya basically what sylow said, even if the gains are somewhat minimal, there is a increase, and if its a improvement i'd like to make it. By no means is my WS set for MS complete but its getting there. Athos Body and legs be nice if and when they ever drop :/

How you guys feel about WSing in Eponas? i kind of find i get better results using Pyro ring (tho i also went the route of disregarding DA - until i get a good aug on Heca head)
By Jajabiondina 2012-02-26 12:19:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried those 3 items with exen and got lower dmg.