Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Jala missing
Jala missing
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2012-02-18 12:50:56
Link | Quote | Reply

It appears that Jala's missing. I just used Widescan throughout the whole zone on RNG in aby-misareaux and haven't seen it at all. Just like Tejas and the Ramuh in other scars zones
 Cerberus.Jiko
Server: Cerberus
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2012-02-18 12:58:02
Link | Quote | Reply

As I understood it, the avatars appearance is based off the bastion crap. The better it is, the more often the avatars pop, and the more lights gained. Same goes for the Azure lights from the Eph's in Mis Coast.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
Server: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-02-18 13:10:18
Link | Quote | Reply

And that there is the only incentive to do doing Bastion; it's a dumb event.
[+]
 Bismarck.Markas
user: Markas83
By Bismarck.Markas 2012-02-18 13:15:08
Link | Quote | Reply

ive only ever done ~just~ enough bastion in order to get whatever pants i was after at the time. rest of the time i tend to ignore it.
[+]
 Fenrir.Divinian
user: Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2012-02-18 13:16:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Could one or two peeps doing bastion bring them back?
 Cerberus.Jiko
Server: Cerberus
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2012-02-18 13:18:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Gotta get them cores back, the more cores, the higher the bonuses in the zone you got them in, but they can be taken back when you lose the bastion.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-02-18 13:21:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
Bastion does not dictate them spawning or not and SE updates were the only reason Fulmontodore and Tejas disappeared.

I used to spam Ramuh hundreds of times a day and camp his spawns. I don't know if people like me exploiting him was why they removed them or not, Haven't found out

Wat?
 Fenrir.Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2012-02-18 19:54:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bastion does not dictate them spawning or not and SE updates were the only reason Fulmontodore and Tejas disappeared.

I used to spam Ramuh hundreds of times a day and camp his spawns. I don't know if people like me exploiting him was why they removed them or not, Haven't found out

In what way could these things be exploited? I figured they gave the exp and lights they did for a reason. Is there something I am missing? If Jala is indeed gone this is going to make starting my kennagi a bit harder. I dual boxed an almace and would CW burn gold boxes. I could usually get guku's KI w/i about an hour by killing two Jalas and about 100 pearl lights worth of VNM.

Hmmm.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2012-02-18 20:20:30
Link | Quote | Reply

What I would do is gather party on buhkis's island whenever I had 10-60 mins in game and wanted exp. So I wouldn't need to shout and wouldn't need members to work.

On blm I would kill Fulmontodore in gargouilles -> tauri -> fulmontodore in bats -> tauri - > fulmontodore -> fulmontodore -> tauri -> etc repeating back and forth. They had a 5 min respawn so they always popped right after arriving back at him.

So the people sitting on the island got, in order;
1000 exp 800 cruor
~100 cruor
1000 exp 800 cruor
~200 cruor
1000 exp 800 cruor
2000 exp 1000 cruor (because this fulmontodore broke my mini cruor chain he gave double exp even to lvl 30s) (Anytime a cruor chain is broke, the mob that broke it gives max possible exp and anytime an exp chain is broken the one that broke chain gives max possible cruor for that mob)

And by soloing whenever I had a couple mins, me and friends in zone got 5k exp and 3.5k cruor every ~6-7 mins. didn't need lights or healers or anything so it was like casual mode abyssea. kill a bit of time and get subjobs lvled or hang out chatting etc

But one day there was an update. typical SE style normal update and when I logged in fulmontodore was gone permanently

Damn...

And they never said a word about it?

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2012-02-18 20:32:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I have never seen an update or notice and I never hit attowa like this or misereaux coast

So I have no clue why Tejas was gone too and not Jala. For all I know it was just a glitch that occurred lol

Hmm, well I myself cannot confirm that Jala is missing...all I know is the last time I went looking for him I checked all his spots multiple times in a few hours and found nothing. I gave up eventually. Still, though, could have been some people camping for lights or whatnot. Anyway, thanks for the info. I really hope Jala still exists. Viva la Jala!
 Leviathan.Prototyp
Server: Leviathan
user: Starkzz
By Leviathan.Prototyp 2012-02-18 20:42:42
Link | Quote | Reply

been missing on Levi too, reported it to a GM only to get "the NM Jala seems to be working as intended. Goodbye"
 Odin.Sawtelle
Server: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-02-18 21:22:58
Link | Quote | Reply

They are up on Odin, so I cant help ya.
 Bismarck.Helel
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-02-18 21:45:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Apkallus are your friend (they give double amber).
 Fenrir.Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2012-02-18 22:07:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helel said: »
Apkallus are your friend (they give double amber).

Seriously? Thanks, this could help if Jala is indeed gone.
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
Server: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2012-02-18 23:01:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Most scars/visions zones have mobs that give 16 per kill, BGwiki has a good list, think the regular wiki does as well.