Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Xbow gear
Xbow gear
By Ophannus 2012-02-08 13:11:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone wondering what's decent gear for Xbow(Useful for soloing Dyna more so than Raider's Boomerang or Evasion Chakram). Bloody Bolts deals 40-50 damage with additional drain of 80-120ish in dyna which combines for almost 200ish damage to the target as well as gives you TP. This allows you to keep your TP instead of blowing it on waltz. Sleep bolts are invaluable incnase you get a link or if you wanna SA the target and Bully is down or you haven't staggered, though you could just as well do this with a well timed Violent Flourish. Most of all, Acid Bolts which are a nice -12.5% Defense Down for 1 minute is extremely valuable when soloing as it helps the target to die faster. This is the gear I use, there's some minor improvements that could be made such as Skadie Body instead of Aurore.

I use Octant because the delay is nice and low which means I can get off Acid Bolts super fast at the start of a fight and pull fast as well.
 Bismarck.Tragedie
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Tragedie 2012-02-08 15:06:19
Link | Quote | Reply

If you can take a 10 racc and 5 marksmanship skill hit, Aurore Beret gives you snapshot. I picked up an Octant recently but haven't used it yet, so I'm not sure if you have enough racc to reliably land bolts using Beret /w Snapshot on the EP/DC mobs in Dyna. Obviously, snapshot is worthless if you miss lol

Other than that, I'm not sure about the other pieces... I haven't remade my r.acc set yet (I usually run around with MAB gear in my inventory for Aeolian Edge).
By Ophannus 2012-02-08 17:50:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably can, we have pretty decent skill, 378, which should be more than enough to hit DC's reliably with ~75% acc most likely. Though the beret is only like a 3% Snapshot.
 Carbuncle.Haseo
Server: Carbuncle
user: Harusame
By Carbuncle.Haseo 2012-02-08 18:03:34
Link | Quote | Reply

A good head piece if you can do the SCNM in the past called The Buried God.

Can probably get this if you have 20k assault points saved up.

Really good to have for hands.
 Lakshmi.Aanalaty
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aanalaty
By Lakshmi.Aanalaty 2012-02-09 09:50:20
Link | Quote | Reply

No need to waste AP on pahluwan. its just 10racc which Aurore matches with 8acc/4agi for 10k at the AH.

for bodies for Xbow:
Cuauhtli Harness>Skadi Body>Aurore>Pahluwahn

But might as well stop at aurore since its so easy to get, it should be the minimum.

I personally still prefer skadi feet for racc sets just because if im pulling with /ra i like the default movement speed+racc, but obviously if your just standing still using bloody bolts, its irrelivant, but its a convenience thing.
By Ophannus 2012-02-09 13:16:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Just realized you can augment Mirke Wardecors with Ranged Attack+10/Snapshot+5% and it also has +5AGI on it. That Barbut looks awesome, I just recently soloed SCNM boxes because I wanted Stone Mufflers for my RDM. Think RDM/SCH can solo that BC by Graviga-ing the adds and just DoT/meleeing the boss down?
By Ophannus 2012-02-09 13:21:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually I was thinking I could solo it as DRG/BLU with a 1.1k HP threshold(Max HP for healing breath trigger is like 2.3k) wyvern should be ok from AoE with Steady Wing and I can have the timer at 0 for another wyvern. I figure a few sonic thrusts would take out the BLMs if I line em up right and I can probably interrupt their spells with jumps/WS/lucky platinum grip procs with OAT lance/headbutt. Think the only problem would be petrify. TP moves might not do much damage withj 700 def from cocoon+food and like 30ish% PDT
 Carbuncle.Haseo
Server: Carbuncle
user: Harusame
By Carbuncle.Haseo 2012-02-09 14:01:38
Link | Quote | Reply

If you don't have any other jobs that can benefit from ACP body then thats probably a good way to go. I however have already used mine for QD on cor.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-02-09 14:05:45
Link | Quote | Reply

you can macro in snapshot gear before you shoot then swap to +acc so your bolts land fyi^^
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Server: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2012-02-09 16:02:54
Link | Quote | Reply

buccaneer's belt
slight increase on waist racc+1/ratt+2
 Ragnarok.Jajabiondina
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Jajabiondina 2012-02-09 17:42:25
Link | Quote | Reply

No need fancy stuff, capped skill and around 50 racc i hit 90%+ decent dyna and most of nm's in aby including rani.
 Bismarck.Helel
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-02-09 18:13:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Barbut is useless. Snapshot gear is only good for a preshot option and there's plenty of better options for postshot. The pink hat and the barbut give exactly the same amount of snapshot so you might as well save yourself the time and just use the pinkness.

I'm sort of confused because you seem to be advocating for ranged attack as well as ranged accuracy? Considering the damage from the bloody bolt proc will be more damaging than the damage from the bolt itself, ranged attack is almost entirely pointless. You should be gearing for ranged accuracy and INT.
By Ophannus 2012-02-12 12:53:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think INT makes that huge of a difference. In Abyssea-Altep with like +60ish INT from cruor buffs blood bolt's still only drain 70-90 which is more or less the same as they do outside of abyssea.
 Leviathan.Duzell
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Duzell 2012-02-12 14:49:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Im fortunate and got a Mexi body while getting city wins, but i definatly wouldn't go out of your way to try to get one just for bloody bolts. The rest of your set looks about like what I wore doing skillups except I have a Hollow earring that i used to use on rdm and never bothered changing. And i refuse to wear pink armor...
 Ragnarok.Jajabiondina
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Jajabiondina 2012-02-13 02:40:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloody bolts dont get better only with int, piercing weak mobs you can drain more, also dark based mobs you drain less.
 Bismarck.Helel
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-02-13 03:31:51
Link | Quote | Reply

INT doesn't make a huge difference no, but the point is that INT will make more of a difference than ranged attack.
 Cerberus.Mindi
Server: Cerberus
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2012-02-16 04:46:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Clearview earring is nice aswell, gives 4racc/ratt and drops 100% from brulo (i think it was 100% lol) just need to find someone who kills Brulo anyways for the souls and you get one easy^^