[Dev] Treasure Hunter Effect Amongst Jobs
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-02-07 20:45:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Best way to make TH7+ have more meaning is to actually give it more meaning. No reason for it to have significantly less effect after only the second or third tier.
 Bismarck.Sylow
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-07 20:50:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Best way to make TH7+ have more meaning is to actually give it more meaning. No reason for it to have significantly less effect after only the second or third tier.

Or just delete THF and call it a day!
 Bahamut.Fistandantilus
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Fistandantilus 2012-02-07 20:51:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »

Yeah honestly idk exactly what would go into making TH operate in a more balanced fashion. "We thought of redistributing the drop tables" I took to mean that balancing. Honestly though I have no idea was just speculating.
 Phoenix.Bomber
Server: Phoenix
user: Bomber
By Phoenix.Bomber 2012-02-07 22:12:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sylow said: »
The less I have to look at ugly-*** THF gear, the better.

(and because you're going to do it anyway)
Quite mistaken there buddy as Taru THF looks *** awesome
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-07 22:14:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Bomber said: »

No it doesn't. THF gear is and always has been ugly as sin. It is an indisputable mathematical reality.
 Bismarck.Gaspee
user: Gaspee
By Bismarck.Gaspee 2012-02-07 22:27:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Taru's make everything look good!
[+]
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-07 22:28:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Gaspee said: »

[+]
 Bismarck.Gaspee
user: Gaspee
By Bismarck.Gaspee 2012-02-07 22:49:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Gaspee said: »

Second Whoopi tonight Sylow!
By esdain 2012-02-08 04:15:31
Link | Quote | Reply

SMN will get Cait Sith with TH. Puppetmaster will get a new automaton frame with locked head/body frame parts that is a "Cardian" that will have TH. DRG will be able to choose the job of their wyvern, independently from a simple copy of the DRG's job. When Wyvern is THF job, it will be green and have TH.

I come from three years in the future... to tell you:
1. The above.
2. The world didn't end in December of 2012.
3. ?
4. Profit.
 Leviathan.Kuryomi
Server: Leviathan
user: Kuryomi
By Leviathan.Kuryomi 2012-02-08 04:48:26
Link | Quote | Reply

not a big deal realy, wont be hard to obtain 1 or 2 of these pet: TH+ /equips. And yah hopfuly will clear out dyna a bit. For sure falcor prices will drop a bit.

on second thought maybe wont help at all with dyna since peolple solo it on dnc also.
 Phoenix.Esaias
Server: Phoenix
user: Esaias
By Phoenix.Esaias 2012-02-08 16:17:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Dynamis will remain crowded in spite of the BST nerf. That's where the currency is. So if you are excited to see Bst go just remember greedy people will always be there stealing your mobs. Now the Bst that were not hitting dyna everyday have to show up more to finish relix. WOOT! Let's just nerf all procs. Then everyone can grind their FOREVER!

Edit: grammar
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-02-08 16:20:09
Link | Quote | Reply

im not sure why people think it would change everything. so bsts for the time being may get less coins a run, so what? it's still f*ing free dynamis coins everyday, they'll still be getting 150~ or whatever, which is 1-1.2mil a run here.

it's free, even if one didn't have treasure hunter, they'd be a retard to stop doing dynamis. i don't think there's anything else that makes more than 500-600k/hr solo consistently everyday.

also, less coins in circulation = higher prices = less coins needed to reach the same gil value as when you had th3, though albeit it doesn't equal out, it will still be a little less.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-08 16:24:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Hohenheim said: »
also, less coins in circulation = higher prices = less coins needed to reach the same gil value as when you had th3, though albeit it doesn't equal out, it will still be a little less.

This is what I'm excited about. More $$ for ME. I can outkill BSTs anyway.
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-02-08 16:46:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Esaias said: »
Dynamis will remain crowded in spite of the BST nerf. That's where the currency is. So if you are excited to see Bst go just remember greedy people will always be there stealing your mobs. Now the Bst that were not hitting dyna everyday have to show up more to finish relix. WOOT! Let's just nerf all procs. Then everyone can grind their FOREVER!

Edit: grammar

I haven't yet had to deal with another job clearing out an entire area at once, only to chip away one at a time off in some corner. Sure, when it's busy, you have to handle waiting for repops and such - I just don't see thieves (or anyone) "fighting" a dozen mobs at one time. On the other hand, it's frustrating, but it's also it's own mini game. If there's something to fight that's not claimed, of course that's my target. If there is no other choice... if it's white, it's alright. Sorry about their luck.

Maybe it's worse on other servers/times, though, I don't know.
 Ramuh.Shuyn
Server: Ramuh
user: Shuyn
By Ramuh.Shuyn 2012-02-08 20:56:12
Link | Quote | Reply

lol for me PUP>BST after next update then.
Tarutaru Sash with TH+1 is free. So is the automaton to recast and heal my *** the entire Dynamis. Also got Vereth on PUP and stupid regain+1 for BST. So totally PUP>BST. I wonder if i should still buy Twilight Mail...
 Bismarck.Angeleus
user: Munky
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2012-02-09 00:41:56
Link | Quote | Reply

nvm
By mortontony1 2012-02-09 00:48:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Leveling perle bst to get inb4 TH nerf
trollface.jpg

Then gearing DNC like a BA and outdoing myself and other bsts
 Bahamut.Zangada
user: zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2012-02-09 01:29:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Esaias said: »

This is the funniest part of it all, ppl who think this will change dynamis at all. If anything itll get worse cause bst like me who just do it occasionally will now do it more cause each run will be less coins.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-09 01:31:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe, but the rest of us will sleep sounder when you're killing 5 mobs (slowly) that you're only getting 7 coins when you would have been getting 15.
 Bahamut.Zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2012-02-09 01:38:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe, but the rest of us will sleep sounder when you're killing 5 mobs (slowly) that you're only getting 7 coins when you would have been getting 15.

Really dont care, i dont worry about fake money to feel special. I'll still kill faster, beable to hold and take anything unclaimed.
By Castoth 2012-02-09 02:03:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Between here and the official forums, it seems that the non-BSTs have come out of the woodwork to act emo and/or gloat about this nerf more than the BSTs themselves. Square has, once again, reduced the mentality of the community. This past year has been almost nothing but bitching at each other, or gloating about X job getting nerfed (or enraged that SAM has returned to being Tanaka's poster boy). All that's missing is HNM drama and we've fully descended back to the hell that was six years ago.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-09 02:05:34
Link | Quote | Reply

lol >.>;

I wasn't doing HNM 6 years ago and all I have is good memories

*shrug*
By volkom 2012-02-09 02:06:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Castoth said: »
Between here and the official forums, it seems that the non-BSTs have come out of the woodwork to act emo and/or gloat about this nerf more than the BSTs themselves. Square has, once again, reduced the mentality of the community. This past year has been almost nothing but bitching at each other, or gloating about X job getting nerfed (or enraged that SAM has returned to being Tanaka's poster boy). All that's missing is HNM drama and we've fully descended back to the hell that was six years ago.
we got voidwatch drama instead
 Asura.Malekith
Server: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2012-02-09 02:07:14
Link | Quote | Reply

All that's missing is HNM drama and we've fully descended back to the hell that was six years ago.
Just wait till legion that'll complete the descent into chaos/ madness...
By volkom 2012-02-09 02:11:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Malekith said: »
All that's missing is HNM drama and we've fully descended back to the hell that was six years ago.
Just wait till legion that'll complete the descent into chaos/ madness...
inb4 bad drop rates
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-02-09 02:15:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zangada said: »

Really dont care, i dont worry about fake money to feel special. I'll still kill faster, beable to hold and take anything unclaimed.

How will you be able to hold anything? I took a break from Dyna but I used to one shot all their unclaimed mobs that were proc'd because they always got greedy and held like 6 mobs at once. It was rather amusing to do!
By Castoth 2012-02-09 02:16:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
lol >.>;

I wasn't doing HNM 6 years ago and all I have is good memories

*shrug*

The HNM drama on my old server (Alexander) got to be so lengthy, it branched off from the Killing Ifrit site, made its own forums, and lasted for over 1000 pages. Though it did slowly get less serious by the end of that. >_>
 Bahamut.Zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2012-02-09 02:22:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »

How will you be able to hold anything? I took a break from Dyna but I used to one shot all their unclaimed mobs that were proc'd because they always got greedy and held like 6 mobs at once. It was rather amusing to do!
Leviathan.Draylo said: »

Well im not going to give away my secrets but its really not that hard. And im refering to a resonable number like 2-3.
 Carbuncle.Shokox
Server: Carbuncle
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2012-02-10 09:43:16
Link | Quote | Reply

To be painfully honest, this won't effect BST as much as people think it will. Kill Speed > Treasure Hunter in most cases, even moreso now with an extremely powerful WS (Ruinator) in there.

As a few people stated earlier, at best it will [eventually] clear out the gimp BSTs (see: "pink and white") that simply cannot kill fast in the first place. Hardcore BST mains will still be able to wreck shop and pull in 110~150 coins a run with only a TH1 pet. They just won't be topping out at 180~200 coins solo anymore. Reading some of these knee jerk reactions amongst these threads is pretty hilarious however.

Yes, I'm a BST main.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-10 09:50:37
Link | Quote | Reply

You're a BLU main, stfu.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11