Almace Or Excaliburrrrr Ooo Exc (Sorry)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Almace or Excaliburrrrr ooo Exc (Sorry)
Almace or Excaliburrrrr ooo Exc (Sorry)
 Cerberus.Oseryu
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Oseryu 2012-02-02 14:58:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Anybody with Almace AND Excalibur know if almace is any better was thinking of getting Almace and kinda seems better. Also if there is a forum that answers my questions post here. Thanks!
 Leviathan.Phenomena
Server: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-02-02 15:06:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I assume you are talking about pld... Almace all the things
 Cerberus.Oseryu
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Oseryu 2012-02-02 15:10:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Phenomena said: »
I assume you are talking about pld... Almace all the things

I was thinking the same thing, It seems to have better benefits than excalibur atm, AS FAR AS I KNOW! Just need someone with both to tell me besides the i use (relic) outside and emp (inside) :(
 Fenrir.Demomo
Server: Fenrir
user: Skyline
By Fenrir.Demomo 2012-02-02 15:11:13
Link | Quote | Reply

CDC > KoR and Requiscat. The additional proc on excalibur (hp) is rather nice for certain things (and procs more than I had anticipated). If you're in a group that still uses PLD in VW (most NA shouts), you're going to be better off using Almace 9/10 times. The only exceptions I can think of are hahava type mobs as requiscat does decently on them. KoR isn't terrible, but it also isn't CDC. I still use Excalibur more than Almace, but its because I spent a lot of gil on it so its more of a I'll do as I please type of a thing. The aftermath of KoR is also not that amazing, however it can be nice if you're dicking around. Also Almace requires a few days to complete, where as Excali (unless you're sitting on enough gil and your server actually has a large supply of bronze available) takes quite a bit longer.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
Server: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-02-02 15:13:52
Link | Quote | Reply

=http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/25996/pld-relicmythicemp-discussion

you can go here if you want to read more into it. fact is excal is expensive and only good in certain rare situations. overall almace will serve you better.
By haya 2012-02-02 15:15:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Since your almace will likely be stuck at 90 and your Excalibur to 99 (depending on what the final word for stage 1 99 is...) seems very achievable I would say Excalibur. Comparing 99 to 99 would be a lot closer but very few people will be upgrading empys past 90.