Dhorme Khimaira
 Fenrir.Divinian
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2012-01-21 19:38:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello everyone,

I tried searching for some info on this NM, but the stuff I found was sparse and unconnected. I am attempting to dual box it nin/war and whm/blm for the KI.

He's obviously very easy to start, but somewhere around the middle, he gets tougher. I know I can win this fight, but there is just something I am missing, so I am hoping I can get some info.

First off, I read somewhere that he should not be stunned? Why not? Has this been shown to cause him to chainspell? I also read that he should be tanked from the back. Again, why? I found his magic (especially chainspell) to be the hardest part and I have not experienced any horrible TP moves yet with the exception of fulmination which has a huge radius anyway.

Obviously, fulmination can suck, but I am going to try the whm on the ledge next time to see if he doesn't get hit. Fulm will not be a problem if only the nin is hit.

So, if anyone has some duo or other low man experiences that you could tap to give me some advice, I would appreciate it very much. One more thing as well, this KI does not come out of gold boxes, correct? Can both of Dhorme's expensive pops come form gold boxes as well as NMs?

Thanks in advance.

TL;DR advice on low man (duo) dhorme would be much appreciated. What parts of this pop can come from gold boxes?
 Odin.Calipso
Server: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2012-01-21 20:04:28
Link | Quote | Reply

He won't fulm if you tank him from the back. Fulmination sucks, and if he does it during chainspell, you're probably gonna be SoL.

Having your mage up on the ledge means they won't get hit with fulm. You'll want to do this if you fight Apademak.

Chainspell sucks, there's not much you can do about it other than cure spam. Sometimes he won't use it all. I went back recently and did 10+ fights for my Daur and didn't see a single chainspell. Merited shellra and barspells can help make it a lot less scary.

Not sure where the "no stun" thing comes from. Never heard that or seen anything bad happened when he was stunned.

You can't get this KI out of boxes but yes, both Snow God Core and Sisyphus Fragments can be found in gold boxes.
 Fenrir.Divinian
Server: Fenrir
user: Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2012-01-21 20:08:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Calipso said: »
He won't fulm if you tank him from the back. Fulmination sucks, and if he does it during chainspell, you're probably gonna be SoL.

Having your mage up on the ledge means they won't get hit with fulm. You'll want to do this if you fight Apademak.

Chainspell sucks, there's not much you can do about it other than cure spam. Sometimes he won't use it all. I went back recently and did 10+ fights for my Daur and didn't see a single chainspell. Merited shellra and barspells can help make it a lot less scary.

Not sure where the "no stun" thing comes from. Never heard that or seen anything bad happened when he was stunned.

You can't get this KI out of boxes but yes, both Snow God Core and Sisyphus Fragments can be found in gold boxes.

Thank you so much for the informative reply. I'm glad to know I can avoid fulm if tanking from the back.