users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Pld Tank Equip help
Pld Tank Equip help
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Godofgods 2012-01-18 11:24:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I havnt played pld since around the time they first introduced level sync way back when (when i lost my second acocunt to SE). And even then, not a whole lot involved with the job itsself.

So i was wondering about todays pld setups. Mostly various tankings. I never relay hear anyone mentioning it, except for 'plds cant tank in creed'. So what are some things looked for today?
 Odin.Creaucent
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-01-18 11:39:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Plds cant tank in creed? Creed+2 offers some very nice stats there are lots of situation stuff out there MDT, PDT, haste, shield skill, CDC set and fast cast though its not used much since its /war now instead of /nin. Ele sets arent as important these.days but they do come in handy need like 400+ in ele resist.
 Bahamut.Krizz
Server: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2012-01-18 12:02:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I can understand stating that it's not the only gear you need, but "PLD can't tank in creed" is too blanket of a statement.

Take a look at this thread if you haven't.

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/21671/paladin-faq-info-and-trade-studies/
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2012-01-18 12:06:13
Link | Quote | Reply

hey, im not supporting the statment or anything lol. It jsut the only thing i ever hear mentioned. Iv never tested it out to no one way or the other.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2012-01-18 12:13:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Creed is the best PDT + MDT piece in capped enmity situations, Kaggen body will be more consistant but that's if you have it of course. As for tanking in Creed +2 it gives you +20 att, +20 acc, +10 enmity and Damage Taken- of between 2-10%, what's so bad about tanking in that?
 Bahamut.Bizarro
Server: Bahamut
user: bizarro
By Bahamut.Bizarro 2012-01-18 12:47:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Not only that, but 4/5, zelus tiara, goading belt, and blitz ring gives capped gear haste. Yes there are other ways to cap gear haste but....