More Daggers!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » More Daggers!
More Daggers!
 Shiva.Didmizzler
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: didmao
By Shiva.Didmizzler 2012-01-18 07:50:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm trying to decide which ToM dagger I should build next. I have twashtar so I'd like something to compliment it. I was thinking maybe the Dex dagger or possibly the double attack +11 dagger. What's the best option here for offhand? Also curious off topic... why use Str kila for Evisceration when its a dex mod ws?
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2012-01-18 07:54:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Didmizzler said: »
why use Str kila for Evisceration when its a dex mod ws?
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/FSTR
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/PDIF
Why str/attack are usually cool.
 Shiva.Didmizzler
By Shiva.Didmizzler 2012-01-18 08:09:32
Link | Quote | Reply

OK, that's good info... but how about the original question... which is best offhand for Twash.. or better yet... what's better option... WS damage or TP gain?
 Phoenix.Darkzeru
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkzeru
By Phoenix.Darkzeru 2012-01-18 08:14:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Didmizzler said: »
OK, that's good info... but how about the original question... which is best offhand for Twash.. or better yet... what's better option... WS damage or TP gain?
I personally use the TP Bonus (magian one) dagger offhanded with twashtar. Various threads lead that to be the best for rudra but I'm not 100% on that
 Leviathan.Laphine
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Laphine 2012-01-18 08:22:33
Link | Quote | Reply

TP bonus magian is pretty much is the best offhand. Lux/corus can be better if their dex is needed to cap ddex crit.
 Bismarck.Sylow
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-01-18 08:24:21
Link | Quote | Reply

TP Bonus dagger is a significant boost to Rudra when attack is capped, but it's rarely, if ever, worth the hit to your non-ws DMG.
 Shiva.Didmizzler
By Shiva.Didmizzler 2012-01-18 08:31:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, I think I might wanna check out the Double attack +11 dagger. I like swinging fast and gaining quick tp. Also the base dmg on it is good
 Lakshmi.Aanalaty
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aanalaty
By Lakshmi.Aanalaty 2012-01-18 08:55:19
Link | Quote | Reply

The TP bonus dagger is a huge boost to rudras. It also makes it a functional WS without SATA. It will still be under Exenerator/Evis by a smidge, but 1-2 hits of aftermath close that gap.

The ability to use a non-gimpy rudras 24/7 is why the TP bonus dagger wins. Keeping up aftermath 100% of the time while boosting your WS damage is why TP bonus dagger is nice.

I replaced it with Coruscanti offhand because i like the electric spark and its uber rare for showing off. I miss my TP bonus 100....but then i get mesmerized by the spawkly dagger and forget that my rudras are sucking.
[+]
 Shiva.Didmizzler
By Shiva.Didmizzler 2012-01-18 09:21:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd love a coruscanti. Tried and all I got were fajin boots. But thanks ill look into the tp bonus dagger. But I still think the Double attack one looks Hawt!
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-01-22 23:50:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I have the +3 version of the DA dagger. It is a nice substitute if you don't have Twash/Corusc with its high damage and DA, but the high delay makes it a less desirable off hand if you have one of those two daggers. Almost finished a STR dagger myself, and about halfway done my Twashtar.