Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Mandau and Twashtar (99) Info
Mandau and Twashtar (99) Info
 Phoenix.Darkzeru
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Darkzeru
By Phoenix.Darkzeru 2012-01-13 10:57:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Any news on the requirement on Stage 1 of 99?

I highly doubt im going attempt to do Stage 2. Already having a tad of tedious time collecting Heavy Metal for 95...I could only imagine how 99 V2 would be lol
 Fenrir.Kaliyah
Server: Fenrir
user: Kerayu2
By Fenrir.Kaliyah 2012-01-13 13:50:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Since I'm only eyeballing, not sure how much the hidden proc increase was, but it didn't seem to be much of an increase over Mandau 95's 13%. Would possibly say 15~18% in generous figure. Hopefully someone can get a parse going to get a real figure. Can still go quite a few rounds without seeing it proc, then turn around and see it proc 2-4 times within 10 rounds. Still doesn't seem to proc on any hits after first strike of every round though, really wish it would.

WS boost isn't big, but puts it about on par with Rudra's now. I'll possibly skip the stage2 part since the aura is lagalicious (either that or it was the test server client; possibly updated drivers I installed recently too) and if it is anything like it shows currently then my ls will possibly end up doing the shield first anyway.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-01-13 13:52:21
Link | Quote | Reply

That's still better overall than 13%, if your estimate is right.
 Fenrir.Kaliyah
By Fenrir.Kaliyah 2012-01-13 14:24:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Would still prefer a percentage based on hits rather than rounds though. It isn't much to ask, but true...any increase is better than not at all.
 Sylph.Gredival
Server: Sylph
user: Gredival
By Sylph.Gredival 2012-01-13 14:57:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Kaliyah said: »
Since I'm only eyeballing, not sure how much the hidden proc increase was, but it didn't seem to be much of an increase over Mandau 95's 13%. Would possibly say 15~18% in generous figure. Hopefully someone can get a parse going to get a real figure. Can still go quite a few rounds without seeing it proc, then turn around and see it proc 2-4 times within 10 rounds. Still doesn't seem to proc on any hits after first strike of every round though, really wish it would.

WS boost isn't big, but puts it about on par with Rudra's now. I'll possibly skip the stage2 part since the aura is lagalicious (either that or it was the test server client; possibly updated drivers I installed recently too) and if it is anything like it shows currently then my ls will possibly end up doing the shield first anyway.

I was under the impression Mercy was already on par with Rudra at the 90 stage with the 25%, this should put it ahead

The triple scaling seems about right at 15%~ That would be 2% for every 5 level cap increase. The fact it is triple instead of double puts it on par with Empyrean aftermath, just without tying it to the WS. While I would like to imagine that it would be closer to 20% to make relics better, making the hidden mathematically equivalent to Empyrean aftermath makes more sense.

The aura effects are probably processed like shadows, so yeah lag time...
 Fenrir.Kaliyah
By Fenrir.Kaliyah 2012-01-13 15:08:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Most the time when I compared to Rudra's I was easily able to put out higher numbers with just 5% tp return than I was with Mercy at same tp return. May have been due to the Dex set being slightly better than my str set, but still working on updating that since my game time has become limited again.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-01-14 20:41:46
Link | Quote | Reply

At 100%, Mercy was already stronger than Rudra.

And from an earlier test I did

Triple damage proc rate:
proc = 534
no proc = 5002
total hits = 5536
percent proc = 0.096459

for Mandau 95. Single wield, no af3+2 gear.
By Kerayu2 2012-01-21 08:37:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said: »

Triple damage proc rate:
proc = 534
no proc = 5002
total hits = 5536
percent proc = 0.096459

Just curious, since it seems you did this on thf, are you accounting for attack rounds, or all attacks that occurred during this sample? I know for a fact that hidden can only proc on first hit of every round and this data seems to conflict with other data collected for 2000+ rounds that showed 95 being 13% proc rate while yours of 5000+ shows it being lower by nearly 3.5% when done on rdm/dnc stating no DW/DA/TA was used during the testing phase.

Not disregarding your test, I just want to know how controlled this test was and if you based this on overall attacks or attack rounds given the fact hidden has been proven not to proc on anything but the first hit.
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2012-01-21 14:34:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Almont said: »
/Crosses fingers that it won't involve VW...

Maybe we'll have to buy the upgrades from Legion :D

Also - On this note - How does Mandau 99 compare to Thwast 99 at this point, Not that we have the Final pieces in front of us.

Same Damage/Delay, Mandau's proc rate on Triple is about ~13% now (Maybe higher at 99), and Mercy now does 40% More Damage (Which is quite significant).

Thwastar gets 3 more DEX

Ignoring Afterglow since realistically none of us in this thread will likely ever get it... (Can un-ignore afterglow at your own discretion.)

Edit: Oh, Theres a Page 2......... Oh Well.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-01-22 00:51:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Kerayu2 said: »
Bismarck.Ihina said: »

Triple damage proc rate:
proc = 534
no proc = 5002
total hits = 5536
percent proc = 0.096459

Just curious, since it seems you did this on thf, are you accounting for attack rounds, or all attacks that occurred during this sample? I know for a fact that hidden can only proc on first hit of every round and this data seems to conflict with other data collected for 2000+ rounds that showed 95 being 13% proc rate while yours of 5000+ shows it being lower by nearly 3.5% when done on rdm/dnc stating no DW/DA/TA was used during the testing phase.

Not disregarding your test, I just want to know how controlled this test was and if you based this on overall attacks or attack rounds given the fact hidden has been proven not to proc on anything but the first hit.

I guess I screwed up then, because I took note of all attack rounds rather than just the first hit of an attack round. Thanks for pointing that out; it always bothered me why my number came out different from other people's.

And I'd really have to contest to the idea that something is 'out-of-reach' just because it requires a lot of gil. I'm at 835/1500 Heavy Metal's. Give it another month and I'll have the Twashtar95 completed. From there, I can only hope that SE releases another source of those Riftdrosses, but even if they don't, so what? It doesn't require anymore than to throw gil at the problem. These days, when you can farm 2-3M/day, every day, gil isn't hard to come by.