[Dev] Voidwatch: Response to Feedback
First Page 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-02-01 13:40:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I like, I like. I can sell tickets for items I already have and make gil as well.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-02-01 13:52:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinjo said: »
You should keep in mind that people may not use stones when they already have the desired item and what not. I doubt ticket prices are going to be anything reasonable, and passing them around for free would obviously be undesirable. It mostly sounds like a solution for, "My mule got the body again," while increasing the number of pieces in existence ever so slightly.
Pretty much this. I can cash in on any drops I get that I don't want (finally, a use for Sceamol Band!) in favor of drops I want but don't have, and people with mules can rage slightly less when the mule inevitably gets the drop they were after on their main. If you have everything you want, then you can sell tickets. Increased profit out of VW keeps people using stones, which raises supply of plates and riftdross/cinder. Pretty happy about this change. It's not a direct add-to-pool option like we asked for, but it also gives some additional value to common or unwanted drops.
[+]
 Asura.Vrytreya
Server: Asura
user: VZX
By Asura.Vrytreya 2012-02-01 14:00:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Should heavy metal plates/pouches purchase-ticketable?

I think this is a good idea, but really, it can go wrong with just setting the number wrong...
At least those unlimited Houyi's Gorget/Fajin Boots can stop at last >.>
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-02-01 14:01:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vrytreya said: »

What?
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-02-01 14:04:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Pouches are already tradeable, so I would say no.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-02-01 14:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Not quite what people wanted but still an improvement I guess.
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2012-02-01 14:17:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Not quite what people wanted but still an improvement I guess.

You my friend are developers worst nightmare!

This is leaps and bounds in the right direction as far as solving the issues with Voidwatch.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-02-01 14:18:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't complain, I stated a fact.
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2012-02-01 14:20:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess its the "I guess" Part that makes you sound lethargic or disinterested/unsure that this adjustment being an improvement, it implies uncertainty that this adjustment will improve anything.

My bad though! I'm just reading too much into it.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-02-01 14:21:29
Link | Quote | Reply

finally, a use for the ten *** thousand houyi's gorgets flying about.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-02-01 14:32:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
finally, a use for Sceamol Band!

Asura.Vrytreya
user: VZX
By Asura.Vrytreya 2012-02-01 14:33:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Now I really hope they don't make Jeuno T3 body or Athos's as ticket for Coruscanti... that will be slap in the face
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-02-01 14:36:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Now I really hope they don't make Jeuno T3 body or Athos's as ticket for Coruscanti... that will be slap in the face
Athos I can understand since it's not as rare, but why is a T3 body a slap in the face?
 Bahamut.Danthebk
Server: Bahamut
user: danthebk
By Bahamut.Danthebk 2012-02-01 14:37:41
Link | Quote | Reply

My fear is that what they actually meant by this post was that, after you get say, your second Dilarem's Sollerets, you can get a "Dilarem Sollerets Ticket" instead, which you can use to exchange six for a pair of Dilarems Sollerets. Requiring you to sell the tickets because you have no use for them, which means you're not progressing to getting your items, you're just able to do something about the items that you keep getting. Rather than a single "Voidwatch Ticket" or "Pil Ticket". I just get this bad feeling that they will screw this up. Just like everything else that sounded good when they first unveiled it.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-02-01 14:39:05
Link | Quote | Reply

From what I'm reading, I believe he's thinking that there'd be multiple variations of tickets for specific items. e.g. Lux Purgio will give Ticket A, which is used for Dilaram's Sollerets, Ephemeron, and Ace's Mail. Athos's would give Ticket B, which would used for Coruscanti, etc.
 Bismarck.Sylow
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-01 14:39:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Does this mean I can just stop doing VW and buy all the drops? Sweet.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-02-01 14:40:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a Akvan magery body that is just sitting in my inventory making me feel like a douche for having because none of my mage friends who really want it have it despite ludicrous numbers of Akvan having been done. Same for them or mules who have Kaggen's body that they can't use with me having done ridiculous numbers of him. I think I've thrown out 10 Mantis Eyes.

I will GLADLY trade it in for things I don't have yet.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-01 14:42:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it sounds like you have to get the ticket from the chest, as in, you can't get the ticket unless you already have the item (can't remove from chest).
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-02-01 14:43:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sylow said: »
I think it sounds like you have to get the ticket from the chest, as in, you can't get the ticket unless you already have the item (can't remove from chest).

That's how I'm understanding it.

Which still means mules with bodies.

But it will help -some-. I do know people who have seen Mekira body more than once. On a mule.

Ugh.
 Caitsith.Sai
Server: Caitsith
user: Saiii
By Caitsith.Sai 2012-02-01 14:45:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Danthebk said: »
My fear is that what they actually meant by this post was that, after you get say, your second Dilarem's Sollerets, you can get a "Dilarem Sollerets Ticket" instead, which you can use to exchange six for a pair of Dilarems Sollerets. Requiring you to sell the tickets because you have no use for them, which means you're not progressing to getting your items, you're just able to do something about the items that you keep getting. Rather than a single "Voidwatch Ticket" or "Pil Ticket". I just get this bad feeling that they will screw this up. Just like everything else that sounded good when they first unveiled it.

No fear required. This is exactly what they meant.
 Caitsith.Sai
Server: Caitsith
user: Saiii
By Caitsith.Sai 2012-02-01 14:47:58
Link | Quote | Reply

T3 body tickets will probably be like 2-4 mil a piece I'm guessing.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-02-01 14:51:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »

That's how I'm understanding it.

Which still means mules with bodies.

But it will help -some-. I do know people who have seen Mekira body more than once. On a mule.

Ugh.
I (and no doubt others; tl;dr'd the OF discussion) asked if they'll alow converting drops we already have into tickets too, hopefully we can get a response on that soon. Also looking for some clarification on how the tickets system itself will work. The more limited the pool of items you can get with any ticket the less significant this is going to be, but I'm trying to be optimistic about it.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-02-01 15:02:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Sai said: »

I'd guess a little more given the cost of HQ bodies on the AH.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-02-01 15:03:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
That's how I'm understanding it. Which still means mules with bodies. But it will help -some-. I do know people who have seen Mekira body more than once. On a mule. Ugh.
I (and no doubt others; tl;dr'd the OF discussion) asked if they'll alow converting drops we already have into tickets too, hopefully we can get a response on that soon. Also looking for some clarification on how the tickets system itself will work. The more limited the pool of items you can get with any ticket the less significant this is going to be, but I'm trying to be optimistic about it.

Any improvement is a good one at this point, but hopefully it's enough of one to have a significant increase in desired drops.
[+]
 Leviathan.Phenomena
Server: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-02-01 15:06:09
Link | Quote | Reply

no, HQs are around 8-10mil. dev team said so far you will need 5-6 tickets (not confirmed could be less but that gives us an estimate) so 2-4 mil is accurate
 Leviathan.Joyroth
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Joyroth 2012-02-01 15:12:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I think this will draw more peeps to do the other NM's that you don't seen too much.
 Bismarck.Hsieh
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2012-02-01 15:15:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Not necessarily true if the vouchers causes the HQ bodies to drop. They should add a destroy chest option to keep players from waiting. Bye bye logs.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-02-01 15:17:59
Link | Quote | Reply

The chest already depops if everyone runs out of range.
Leviathan.Joyroth said: »
I think this will draw more peeps to do the other NM's that you don't seen too much.
How do you figure? Drop rates are equivalent, if you can only destroy drops you already have then it makes the most sense to keep spamming the same NMs. Even if they let you ticket drops without already having one, it would be better to be able to both accumulate tickets and have a shot at the drop you actually want.
 Bahamut.Fistandantilus
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Fistandantilus 2012-02-01 15:42:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Hsieh said: »
Not necessarily true if the vouchers causes the HQ bodies to drop. They should add a destroy chest option to keep players from waiting. Bye bye logs.

Excellent suggestion.

A) Remove all items

B) Discard all items

Take out what you want, then click discard all. No more waiting while you ask people to clear the box. Although if you can't get people to perform the simple task of walking out of range if they already have a rare/ex item on them, and in the chest hopefully this prompt right in their face where they are checking the pool will expedite the process.
 Cerberus.Taint
Server: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-02-01 15:47:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Fistandantilus said: »
Bismarck.Hsieh said: »
Excellent suggestion. A) Remove all items B) Discard all items Take out what you want, then click discard all. No more waiting while you ask people to clear the box. Although if you can't get people to perform the simple task of walking out of range if they already have a rare/ex item on them, and in the chest hopefully this prompt right in their face where they are checking the pool will expedite the process.

Ranging doesn't work. FYI
First Page 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35