Game: FFXI
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-01-10 15:15:07
Link | Quote | Reply

01-10-2012 03:02 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Thanks so much for all the feedback regarding Voidwatch.
I have a couple responses to some of the suggestions and opinions that have been stated. (Sorry it’s a bit long)

• Drop rates of equipment for each chapter
    There are no drop rate differences for equipment in chapter 1, 2, or 3. Each has the same amount of rarity and there are no differences between chapters.

• Bonuses for players who spawn the monster
    It would be possible to look into this if other players who pay the costs received the same effects, for example, receiving the same benefits when using the maximum amount of cells. On the other hand, we are not thinking about offering special benefits just for spawning the monster. In extreme cases, only the player spawning the monster would consume Voidstones and continuous battles could take place which would eliminate the good point of Voidwatch where each member receives their own reward and would also develop long claim times.

• Cruor needed for atmacite upgrades
    For the amount of cruor needed to upgrade atmacites, the idea was not to acquire these beforehand in Abyssea, but to upgrade atmacites while receiving cruor as rewards for Voidwatch. In order to save cruor, it’s possible to increase the amount gained by using cells or participate in battles without spending Voidstones just for cruor rewards.

In regards to other feedback we have received, especially about the areas we plan to focus on to address, I would like to go over the planned adjustments.

• Weaknesses and rewards
    Since exploiting a monsters weakness is directly linked to the rewards, it seems like players are focusing on creating parties that can quickly defeat monsters whose weaknesses can be exploited easily. As we would like players to utilize weaknesses as an element of strategy, we would also like players to have fun on a larger scale, so we will be looking into making it so that the connection between exploiting weaknesses and the rewards received are not too strong.

• Weakness revamps
    In order to create battles that can be completed without relying on temporary items, we are planning to revamp weaknesses as well as adjust the distribution of temporary items.
    Also, in regards to cases where the weakness is difficult or due to your setup you cannot exploit it even though you determined what it is, we are planning to perform appropriate adjustments. Though we have already received quite a bit of feedback on weakness, if there are any others you would like us to look into please submit your feedback.

• Addition of option to destroy rewards
    Currently, players need to receive all the rewards at once; however, since it is inconvenient when there is a rare item that you already possess and you are unable to receive the rewards, we will be making it possible to get rid of the item without obtaining it. We are planning to implement this during this week’s test server update.

• Subsequent follow-ups
    Depending on the route/monster (also depending on players), they are becoming split into popular/unpopular, so we will be continuing to find ways to make it so it will be easy for players that take on these routes later to gather party members.
    Also for players that have already cleared these routes, there are already benefits for them to re-do them, such as being able to participate without spending Voidstones and receiving cruor/XP rewards; however, since we feel this isn’t enough, we will be looking into other benefits to participate in fights that have already been completed.

Finally, we plan on discussing topics in regards the loot system in the future, so please continue submitting your feedback.
Subscribe

01-16-2012 04:39 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Hey everyone!

Thank you for all of your feedback.
I would like to answer some of the questions that have been raised in response to the planned adjustments that I announced last week, as well as provide more detailed information on the battle adjustments that will be made.

Now, I am sure that some players are worried that this content will become more difficult to complete or that it will become more difficult to obtain loot, but I would like to assure you that none of the planned adjustments will be disadvantageous for the players.

Freezing issue in certain zones

A lot of players have been reporting freezing issues with Voidwatch in Fort Karugo-Narugo (S). This issue is being addressed with the highest priority.

As a temporary fix, we plan on implementing a Voidwatch battle with the same content as Fort Karugo-Narugo (S) in a different area.

Battle adjustments

Quote:
My opinion on Voidwatch is that it is content in which the player must proc weaknesses with the correct timing and use temporary items wisely.

That is exactly what our idea for Voidwatch was at the time of first implementation.

However, recently the issue of only tanks being able to get near the target due to powerful AoE spells has shifted the balance. As a result, players have become more dependent on temporary items and more often than not, players continually proc weaknesses in order to use temporary items. We agree with the players saying that “it’s ridiculous that one hit from an AoE spell kills me,” and this is the issue that we are placing a high priority on resolving.

As a future adjustment, we’re considering lowering the damage that non-targeted characters receive from AoE spells. We will re-evaluate the overall balance once we reduce the damage from AoE spells, but if further adjustments are necessary, we may look into the effects of weaknesses.

※With regard to battle balance, I would like to note that we do not assume that every player has the best armor, such as Aegis and Ochain, or Relic/Mythic/Empyrean Weapons. It is definitely advantageous to have the best gear, but we are making adjustments so that even players without the best gear are able to creatively finish all content.

The separation of exploiting weakness and loot

A specific adjustment we have planned is to set blue and red alignment at their maximum values at the beginning of the battle.
※It would be possible to raise these values even more through ascent items.
As a result, players will not have to worry about exploiting weakness in order to obtain better loot. Our aim is for players to only have to consider exploiting weakness as part of their battle strategy. Also, this adjustment will address the difficulty of smaller parties obtaining loot.
Subscribe

01-18-2012 04:34 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Howdy!

I would like to make an addition to a planned adjustment that was announced earlier.

The issue at hand is the highest priority issue that we would like to address first before we make any other adjustments. There are many other adjustments we would like to make, but if we make too many adjustments at once, the following issues may occur:

• The balance is shifted too quickly, possibly making the game worse

• It is difficult to see improvement because too many changes are made

• An unexpected adverse effect occurs due to the changes overlapping

To avoid these problems, it would be best to plan adjustments in order based on priority and their effect.

In response to us making adjustments in stages, many of you may feel that we are not making enough adjustments, but we hope you understand that our plan is to continuously make adjustments.

Also, when leaving feedback I would like to ask that you provide detailed opinions with suggestions for improvement, rather than simply stating whether you like or dislike a proposed adjustment. This would be very helpful for us.

Now, I will address some feedback that has been submitted.

Quote:
I personally like the separation of weaknesses and loot, but I feel like this leads to players simply switching to their strongest jobs to finish content.
We understand your concern that players will simply switch to their strongest jobs due to the removal of the necessity to proc weaknesses and we’re carefully planning to address this issue.

In order to avoid content becoming monotonous, an idea we are looking into is not completely separating weakness and loot by increasing the maximum bonus attained through cells and other ascent items. As a result, if there are few players involved, using cells will replace having to proc weakness, and for larger parties, it would be possible to avoid paying the high cost for cells by procing weakness as usual.

We may discover some issues with the above proposal upon our extensive review, but we believe that if we completely separate weakness and loot, it is inevitable that players will lean toward using only their strongest jobs.

In order to allow creative freedom in battle, it is necessary to improve the effects of procing weakness, so that it is more enjoyable to use various tactics to proc weaknesses rather than resorting to using the strongest job available. This is a long term goal for us, so it is not possible to make this change all at once, but we will be taking steps one by one to achieve this goal.

Please let us know what you think.
Subscribe

01-23-2012 02:22 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Greetings!

We will be implementing the below adjustments to Voidwatch during this week’s test server update.

• Addition of same battle content as Route: Jeuno 2 - Fort Karugo-Narugo (S) to Beaucedine Glacier.

※Beaudedine Glacier has been added to the list of teleports offered by the Atmacite Refiner.
    ※The above addition is a provisional change.

• The below monsters’ AoE damage to non-targeted players () will be lowered.

※Amount of damage dealt to pets will also be lowered.

Route Battle Area Monster Name
    Route: San d’Oria King Ranperre's Tomb Hahava
    Route: Bastok Dangruf Wadi Celaeno
    Route: Windurst Outer Horutoto Ruins Voidwrought
    Route: Jeuno Qufim Island Kaggen
    Lower Delkfutt's Tower Akvan
    Behemoth’s Dominion Pil
    Route: Zilart Ru'Aun Gardens Aello
    Ve'Lugannon Palace Uptala
    The Shrine of Ru'Avitau Qilin
    Route: Jeuno 2 Grauberg (S) Ocythoe
    Vunkerl Inlet (S) Gaunab
    Fort Karugo-Narugo (S) Beaucedine Glacier Kalasutrax
    Valkurm Dunes Ig-Alima
    Buburimu Peninsula Botulus Rex

We will continue to make adjustments as we see how the current AoE damage adjustments affect battles going forward, so please be sure to submit any feedback you have.
Subscribe

01-26-2012 01:43 AM
[source]
Gildrein
Community Rep

[dev1075] Voidwatch Adjustments

*The following content is in development. Specific details may differ from the release version.

• The Jeuno II Voidwatch operation at Fort Karugo-Narugo (S) may also be undertaken at Beaucedine Glacier.

*Beaucedine Glacier will be added as a destination to Atmacite Refiner teleportation menus.
    *This is a temporary measure.

• Effect area damage received from the following enemies will be reduced for non-targeted characters:

*This damage reduction also applies to pets.
    Jurisdiction Operation Area Enemy
    San d'Oria King Ranperre's Tomb Hahava
    Bastok Dangruf Wadi Celaeno
    Windurst Outer Horutoto Ruins Voidwrought
    Jeuno Qufim Island Kaggen
    Lower Delkfutt's Tower Akvan
    Behemoth's Dominion Pil
    Zilart Ru'Aun Gardens Aello
    Ve'Lugannon Palace Uptala
    Shrine of Ru'Avitau Qilin
    Jeuno II Grauberg (S) Ocythoe
    Vunkerl Inlet (S) Gaunab
    Fort Karugo-Narugo (S)Beaucedine Glacier Kalasutrax
    Valkurm Dunes Ig-Alima
    Buburimu Peninsula Botulus Rex

Subscribe
[+]
 Asura.Fondue
Server: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2012-01-10 15:18:41
Link | Quote | Reply

oh boy.......
[+]
 Asura.Kese
user: buhusky34
By Asura.Kese 2012-01-10 15:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

lol
[+]
 Odin.Tsuneo
Server: Odin
user: Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-01-10 15:21:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't understand the need to drop items without obtaining them. People can just drop it after obtaining it.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-01-10 15:21:27
Link | Quote | Reply

"About the things you asked...no. But we're looking into doing other things that we won't bother to explain into better details."

This is what I read every time they post their news.
[+]
 Fenrir.Curty
Server: Fenrir
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2012-01-10 15:23:01
Link | Quote | Reply

"In order to create battles that can be completed without relying on temporary items, we are planning to revamp weaknesses as well as adjust the distribution of temporary items."

ruh-roh
[+]
 Asura.Myrrh
user: Myrrhic
By Asura.Myrrh 2012-01-10 15:24:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm interested on how they will change the reward/weakness system to log watch. Even getting each alignment to it's highest possible level still consistently yields logs. Lots of them. /antsy
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2012-01-10 15:25:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Tsuneo said: »
I don't understand the need to drop items without obtaining them. People can just drop it after obtaining it.
Getting a ra/ex item you already owns means you can't take it out of the chest.
 Cerberus.Nahtaivel
user: Nahtaivel
By Cerberus.Nahtaivel 2012-01-10 15:25:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know much about VW but from what I've heard, it sounds like most fights are done by zergs while it's proced? Is that right? Anyway, I think I like this. It seems like they want to bring strategy to these fights insead of just freezing the mob and then killing it asap. Again, I could be completely off as I'm not familiar with VW but if that's the case then I'm looking forward to what they do.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-01-10 15:26:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Myrrh said: »
I'm interested on how they will change the reward/weakness system to log watch. Even getting each alignment to it's highest possible level still consistently yields logs. Lots of them. /antsy
After the last Vana-census they felt not enough people were focused on woodworking.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2012-01-10 15:26:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ig-Alima is a bit of a *** to rely on not freeze/zerging him.
[+]
 Bismarck.Greezy
Server: Bismarck
user: Greezy
By Bismarck.Greezy 2012-01-10 15:28:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Why not allow users to add unobtainable items from chests to a pool so that the players who have recieved said item multiple times can make it lottable...
NVM this is a horrible idea, and can lead to enormous problems with greed...ect...
or instead of receiving the same item over and over, make the option to destroy this item to obtain cruor!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rearden
Server: Lakshmi
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-01-10 15:29:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Making the fights last 3m was the best thing they ever did, now it takes 1/5th the time it used to to obtain completely garbage ****ing treasure boxes.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Galith
user: Galadriel
By Lakshmi.Galith 2012-01-10 15:29:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope they get rid of the Modus Veritas proc. Of course it doesn't proc on NMs but they made it a proc anyways!
By Latifah 2012-01-10 15:29:51
Link | Quote | Reply

i think the drop rate and everything is fine, i have seen too much people already with heka's and toci's @ my server, idk why ppl are complaining, voidwatch its the only decent thing that requires dedication..with teamwork, please lets not ruin that, however...

1/10 with no cells, i think it's just luck... i know ppl on my server that are 0/100+ with cells
 Bahamut.Zellc
Server: Bahamut
user: Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2012-01-10 15:30:20
Link | Quote | Reply

i think they mean if an item is in your house/locker/storage and you cannot drop said item to re obtain that item, you will have the option to toss it in the box so you can select obtain all spoils.

or so the rift can repop faster. i believe that if all spoils from all 18 members are taken, the box will disappear and you can pop the next nm.
 Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind 2012-01-10 15:31:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Well there goes the temp items, time for people to keep their mouth shut.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rearden
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-01-10 15:32:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Latifah said: »
i think the drop rate and everything is fine, i have seen too much people already with heka's and toci's @ my server, idk why ppl are complaining, voidwatch its the only decent thing that requires dedication.. however...

1/10 with no cells, i think it's just luck... i know ppl on my server that are 0/100+ always cells
You're right, it's completely okay in 2012 in the video game industry to spend 100 (some are at 300) doing a single fight in order to obtain 1 item and not receiving it, while others who at times have no interest in obtaining it get it 1,2,3+ times.

Your opinion is noted, luck, got it. The rest of that opinion is trash.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Galith
By Lakshmi.Galith 2012-01-10 15:34:57
Link | Quote | Reply

When I get a body I'm going to shout "OMG BODY!! 1/1 I CAN'T EVEN USE IT" even if it's the 4th pop and I'm on a job that can clearly use it.
[+]
 Odin.Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-01-10 15:35:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
I don't understand the need to get it out of the chest if you have it already. It's not preventing you from obtaining other items is it? I don't do enough Voidwatch to know the answer to the question.
 Lakshmi.Galith
By Lakshmi.Galith 2012-01-10 15:36:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't understand the need to get it out of the chest if you have it already. It's not preventing you from obtaining other items is it? I don't do enough Voidwatch to know the answer to the question.

If everyone empties their chest the chest depops and u can restart faster.
 Carbuncle.Wulfshadow
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Wulfshadow 2012-01-10 15:38:27
Link | Quote | Reply

so long as that one rare item is in the chest, the chest won't despawn and you have to wait like 5 minutes before it disappears and you can pop the next nm.

let's say you have brego gloves, but they're in your locker.

You get another pair because you're a lucky son of a ***, but you can't even take them out. People have to wait 5 minutes on you.
 Odin.Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-01-10 15:40:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, I get it now, but It seems like wishful thinking to think that someone won't end up leaving stuff in the chest even if they can destroy it.
By Latifah 2012-01-10 15:40:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Rearden said: »
i think the drop rate and everything is fine, i have seen too much people already with heka's and toci's @ my server, idk why ppl are complaining, voidwatch its the only decent thing that requires dedication.. however...

1/10 with no cells, i think it's just luck... i know ppl on my server that are 0/100+ always cells
You're right, it's completely okay in 2012 in the video game industry to spend 100 (some are at 300) doing a single fight in order to obtain 1 item and not receiving it, while others who at times have no interest in obtaining it get it 1,2,3+ times.

in my opinion.. items that are very rare to get in a game is good. just saying, it gives a feel of accomplishment , but voidwatch drops rate will get modified on may update , you will see, because everyone will be doing nyz isle items+5 and voidwatch items will be irrelevant, that's how SE always change stuff when time passes.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-01-10 15:41:07
Link | Quote | Reply

i think the drop rate and everything is fine, i have seen too much people already with heka's and toci's @ my server, idk why ppl are complaining, voidwatch its the only decent thing that requires dedication..with teamwork, please lets not ruin that, however...

1/10 with no cells, i think it's just luck... i know ppl on my server that are 0/100+ with cells

I'm 0/250+, almost 300 without Toci Harness. I've been shouting almost everyday, putting up with a lot of different people, just to get this body piece for my job. I've had to deal with people rubbing it in my face and others who don't even need it, get it a second time. The system is ***and it's understandable as to why people would complain. I really hope they don't plan to make this even more tedious than it already is.
[+]
By Latifah 2012-01-10 15:47:22
Link | Quote | Reply

yes i understand 100% the stress on this, im 0/70+ on my heka body, but i dont complain because these new voidwatch have been released only a few days ago, i don't expect to get rare items already, even if i do 100+ runs, at least is rewarding because you get high lvl expensive magic scrolls and magician upgrade items and lots of cruor per run, unlike the horrible 2005 lot system that needed to wait 1 or 2 years to get a dalmatica for example... because the long wait from LS list, or favoritism ,/no drop or getting out claimed by jp bots/ almost 1 week to wait for fafnir /behemoth/tia to pop
 Lakshmi.Rearden
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-01-10 15:47:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Rearden said: »

in my opinion.. items that are very rare to get in a game is good. just saying, it gives a feel of accomplishment , but voidwatch drops rate will get modified on may update , you will see, because everyone will be doing nyz isle items+5 and voidwatch items will be irrelevant, that's how SE always change stuff when time passes.
Getting items in a video game is not an accomplishment. EBody was not an accomplishment when you spent a year spending 3h a night in DA; Hauteclair was not an accomplishment when you spent every 2 days checking your mules and split/shift camping him on RDM or PLD; getting bodies in VW is not an accomplishment if you get them because the gods at SE decide to stop shitting on you for 5s.

All of these things were random, and all of them could take significantly longer than the period of time described, and 0/300 could be nothing a year from now when people are 0/600.

You have hope for Nyzul2, people say "1000 ADL kills will get changed". Look around, the exact reason the drop rates are as low as they are, the trials as excruciatingly HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE as they are, are because some people accept that it is okay, and that it is an accomplishment.

This logic is severely flawed, and reflects greatly upon those who bear it.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-01-10 15:47:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Greezy said: »
Why not allow users to add unobtainable items from chests to a pool so that the players who have recieved said item multiple times can make it lottable...
NVM this is a horrible idea, and can lead to enormous problems with greed...ect...
or instead of receiving the same item over and over, make the option to destroy this item to obtain cruor!
I know this doesn't really answer what you said, but just wanted to put this lame excuse of why they wont change it.

10-19-2011 12:58 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

I didn't forget about you guys! I’ve been discussing all of your concerns and comments with the team regarding the Voidwatch drop system, and it has taken some time to reach a final conclusion.

It was decided that there will not be any fundamental changes to the drop system to make it possible to add item drops to the treasure pool, as the team does not believe this is not where the main crux of the problem lies.

However! The development team will be making adjustments in the future to reduce the overall length of each battle. In addition, when they add more chapters to the Voidwatch system, and introduce even stronger monsters, the drop rates for these tougher challenges will be increased beyond what is currently in place.
 Lakshmi.Rearden
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-01-10 15:49:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, and now we need to make the battles longer and more difficult (read: Lame TP moves, resistances, etc because we ain't changing the hate and damage systems).

Same drop rates though.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-01-10 15:50:29
Link | Quote | Reply

yes i understand 100% the stress on this, im 0/70+ on my heka body, but i dont complain because these new voidwatch have been released only a few days ago, i don't expect to get rare items already, even if i do 100+ runs, at least is rewarding because you get high lvl expensive magic scrolls and magician upgrade items and lots of cruor per run, unlike the horrible 2005 lot system that needed to wait 1 or 2 years to get a dalmatica for example

Have fun shouting longer and longer as time goes by. The more people that get the armor, the less people you will have to join your shouts. Rewarding? I spend almost the same or more cruor than I get, on cells. I spend 100k gil every 4 runs on voiddust since I have long since ran out. I rarely *ever* get expensive scrolls lol, more like logs.
[+]
First Page 2 ... 33 34 35