Ifrit.Jurai
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2009-05-02 01:51:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Was just looking around wiki and saw..

Cura is currently the most MP Efficient Healing spell in the game:

* At Softcap: [(175 * 6)/30] = 35 HP per MP.
o With 20% Cure Potency: [(210 * 6)/30] = 42 HP per MP.

Umm what.. A little deceiving? Should probably add some clauses to that..

Assuming your take a shitton of dmg while Misery is on? etc

In Light area now.. just got 42 HP for 27 MP in Light weather with Obi.. that's hardly the 'most MP efficient'.. of course if you take a ton of dmg it will be- that's what it is designed to do.
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-05-02 02:31:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Cura is really best for waking up the entire party from sleep. Lowest MP of all AOE cures.

that about covers it, and why it says that on wiki is beyond me lol.
 Ifrit.Jurai
user: Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2009-05-02 02:43:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Hrmm I'll agree with that yea, low mp, fast cast.. but how they explain it's the best for your MP per HP healed is pretty ...

Has anyone found a practical use for taking dmg and healing to get alot HP for your MP?.. idk if it's just me but I prefer to stay far away from the melee lol

Today in Sea I was pretty cramped so Esuna came in handy but still Cura was pretty pointless.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-05-02 03:05:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Jurai said:
Hrmm I'll agree with that yea, low mp, fast cast.. but how they explain it's the best for your MP per HP healed is pretty ...

Has anyone found a practical use for taking dmg and healing to get alot HP for your MP?.. idk if it's just me but I prefer to stay far away from the melee lol

Today in Sea I was pretty cramped so Esuna came in handy but still Cura was pretty pointless.

in most general situations if you are SCH subjob (which you should be most of the time~!) Penury stratagem plus cureaga IV is the best bang for MP there is in existance.

You can spam cure III or even cure V on a merit party and burn your MP... but if you play it cool and once in awhile throw a Penury Cureaga IV... you'd be suprised how long your MP lasts. That stratagem can be used twice in a row with 2 minute recast each.

Not to mention sublimination.

Cura is good at the level you learn it and for waking up the PT. That pretty much sums it up in my eyes. Totally opinion though :)
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
Server: Seraph
user: Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-05-02 03:12:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Cura's amount healed while having Afflatus Misery (damage you take becomes cure potency) and getting beat on can cure up to 175.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-05-02 03:13:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Clinpachi said:
That stratagem can be used twice in a row with 2 minute recast each.

Quickfix! /SCH only gets 2 Stratagems XD Meaning a 2min recast on each. SCH main has 4 at 75, giving it a minute recast ^^

Clinpachi said:
Cura is good at the level you learn it and for waking up the PT. That pretty much sums it up in my eyes. Totally opinion though :)

Agreed, 100% XD Cura is pretty awesome, I've not really had much use out of it, but the use I have had has saved me ~20MP each, so I like it =P
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-05-02 03:14:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Kyaaadaa said:
Cura's amount healed while having Afflatus Misery (damage you take becomes cure potency) and getting beat on can cure up to 175.

The only problem with that is you would have to full time Misery... i enjoy the stoneskin trade off from the other JA so i tend to switch between them when using auspice and whatnot.

Trading off not OFTEN but frequently pretty much throws this out the window. It's nice to know but not practical.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-05-02 03:16:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Hitetsu said:
Clinpachi said:
That stratagem can be used twice in a row with 2 minute recast each.

Quickfix! /SCH only gets 2 Stratagems XD Meaning a 2min recast on each. SCH main has 4 at 75, giving it a minute recast ^^

you caught me with my pants down on that one, its 4am and i can't sleep

LEAVE CLINPACHI ALONE~!
 Asura.Ebers
Server: Asura
user: Ebers
By Asura.Ebers 2009-05-02 03:36:38
Link | Quote | Reply

i've only used cura a few times and its ok if you get hit alot with misery on, and even then its not the best aoe cure spell but besides that i see no other use for it.
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-05-02 03:38:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Clinpachi said:
The only problem with that is you would have to full time Misery

I prefer SS cures over a beefy Cura
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-05-02 03:39:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Kyaaadaa said:
Clinpachi said:

^ this
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-05-02 03:40:16
Link | Quote | Reply

:D
 Pandemonium.Melaise
Server: Pandemonium
user: Melly
By Pandemonium.Melaise 2009-05-02 03:42:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Kyaaadaa said:
Clinpachi said:

^This.
 Gilgamesh.Raulin
Server: Gilgamesh
user: raulin
By Gilgamesh.Raulin 2009-05-02 04:20:21
Link | Quote | Reply

may be SE want the whm /pld or /blue or /..... more dmg suffer the whm = grants the misery potency.
y tried cura /nin and is not usefull just 40 hp or so may be if was /pld whit perdu and genbu shield , sentinel is more effective
 Diabolos.Cassi
Server: Diabolos
user:
By Diabolos.Cassi 2009-05-02 05:44:16
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Kyaaadaa said:
Clinpachi said:

I don't like stoneskin on cures, just more reason to spam cure. How can PLDs take damage if its just being absorbed by Stoneskin. Goodbye hate lol
 Kujata.Houshisama
Server: Kujata
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-05-02 06:34:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Cassi said:
Kyaaadaa said:
Clinpachi said:

I don't like stoneskin on cures, just more reason to spam cure. How can PLDs take damage if its just being absorbed by Stoneskin. Goodbye hate lol

taking damage causes them to lose hate >_>
 Seraph.Gael
user: Gael
By Seraph.Gael 2009-05-02 06:58:05
Link | Quote | Reply

And how many HP you think this stoneskin save ? only 25% of your cure... It's less that a mob do with 1 att.
You talk about pld but you have war, nin, sam, dnc (and maybe more) who tank with utsusemi ;)

For that i saw, noone (except you ?) try to play with the ss and spam cure when we dont need...

About cura, it's fun but it's only on yourself : you have to move and your pt has to wait you are in range to be awake (with a normal curaga you can immediately cast it).

Even if you have Afflatus Misery up, how many time you take hate from DD ? i dont have a enmity gear and i almost never take hate from my DD/tank.
So yes, 175 HP in theory, but in fact it's a crapy cure spell
 Ifrit.Thunderz
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-05-02 07:27:05

Cassi said:
Kyaaadaa said:
Clinpachi said:

lol >.> sorry but faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaail xD

pld taking dmg = loss of hate. They cure themselve to get that hate back
so SS cure makes it so they lose less hate (since they aren't taking dmg)
 Carbuncle.Sterling
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2009-05-02 07:46:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Whenever my LS friends go to camp an NM (such as Ose), I usually come Whinja just for fun. Its really been handy for when I'm meleeing and I have Misery up and the mob does an AoE attack or I happen to take a smidge of damage. My friends aren't dying for healing but since I'm usually wearing Redingote/Reverend, I dont have that refresh on, so a low MP Cura that equals the equivalent of a Curaga II or III goes a long way and saves me lots of trouble. Not to mention that with Misery already up, Esuna is just a click away.
 Odin.Gaea
Server: Odin
user:
By Odin.Gaea 2009-05-02 11:57:41

Sterling said:
Whenever my LS friends go to camp an NM (such as Ose), I usually come Whinja just for fun. Its really been handy for when I'm meleeing and I have Misery up and the mob does an AoE attack or I happen to take a smidge of damage. My friends aren't dying for healing but since I'm usually wearing Redingote/Reverend, I dont have that refresh on, so a low MP Cura that equals the equivalent of a Curaga II or III goes a long way and saves me lots of trouble. Not to mention that with Misery already up, Esuna is just a click away.

*nom nom nom nom nom* *Kiss* *nom nom nom nom nom*

You is being adorable. I want screenshots.
Cassi said:

Cassie I love you more than Jesus loves all the little children, but this is the nabbiest, dumbest thing you've ever said. LOL. The stoneskin is a benefit. Paladin's, just like everyone else, lose hate when they take damage. Ever get hit and then a mob switches to someone else with no action in between? This is you having less hate than someone else because you took so much damage.

Stoneskin is helping them keep hate, not lose it.

But anyways *nom nom nom nom nom nom nom*
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-05-02 11:59:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Cura is my waking up tool. Nothing more.
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-05-02 12:09:59
Link | Quote | Reply

And calculating hate loss is 1800 x (Damage Taken / Total HP).

Btw, that's static hate, not volatile hate.