Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Requiescat
Requiescat
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-12-26 14:45:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Time would be better spent elsewhere considering the Dev's current mentality, sure.
 Asura.Arthuruss
Server: Asura
user: PAD13772
By Asura.Arthuruss 2011-12-26 20:35:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Tyvm for reply neo! I guess i'll stick with CdC then!
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-12-26 20:56:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Can this WS's damage go through Pil's shield?
 Cerberus.Kelhor
Administrator
user: Rooks
By Cerberus.Kelhor 2011-12-26 21:01:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fredjan said: »

Yes.
[+]
 Phoenix.Fredjan
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-12-26 21:08:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kelhor said: »

Yes.
That makes it insanely useful then
[+]
 Ragnarok.Returner
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nameless
By Ragnarok.Returner 2011-12-26 21:24:59
Link | Quote | Reply

How well does CDC fare against T6 Jeuno? I kinda expected Requiescat to be ineffective against them due to low attack, but I would highly doubt CDC can do that much better since it will essentially need to crit. to do any sort of damage as well.
 Cerberus.Kelhor
Administrator
By Cerberus.Kelhor 2011-12-26 21:34:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes.

Sort of. It's the sort of thing where if you were going to merit it anyway, then sure; I like using sword, so I was going to get it 5/5 pretty much no matter what. And I don't think a million experience points to fight one not-even-the-top-tier NM is a wise investment, no matter how easy it is to get exp now.

That said, if you already have it, like I do, then hell yes, it's awesome for Pil. :)
 Fenrir.Minjo
Server: Fenrir
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2011-12-27 13:30:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes.

I'd say that makes it extremely situational, personally, and most people are having enough trouble already allocating their limited options.
 Phoenix.Neosutra
user: neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2011-12-27 13:32:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, CDC is a great WS and Almace is still very useful as a hate keeping tool on higher mobs. The down side is that it still performs poorly on anything you'd actually bring Pld to (higher in VW). Even with all meds up and decent buffs, you're not going to putting out comparable damage to any melee (which is what SE wants).

Atonement is laughable when compared to CDC, especially due to the 50% damage nerf. The only consolation is that with Burtgang you can pump them out pretty fast and the damage gap becomes much smaller on really tough NMs (the new Naraka mob for instance).

I was hoping for Requiscat to bridge the gap between CDC and Atonement, giving Burtgang owners (and anyone that doesn't use almace) a decent damage WS to maintain a steady rate of enmity. However, the WS is almost entirely useless on anything tough. So all you really get is a great WS for mid to low range NMs, which you most likely didn't need a Pld for in the first place.

So here we are, back to spamming Atonement at level 99, for 430 damage. That is, when we're not amnesiad, terror locked, or encumbranced.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2011-12-27 13:34:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey now. Are you really trying denounce the usefulness of a weapon skill that clearly shines during a specific aspect of a single fight? Don't do that, man. Don't do that.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2011-12-27 13:35:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Neosutra said: »
The down side is that it still performs poorly on anything you'd actually bring Pld to (higher in VW).

No.
 Phoenix.Neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2011-12-27 13:38:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, yes Jinjo, CDC performs rather poorly on most of the new T6 VW.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2011-12-27 13:45:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not exactly sure what you were expecting from it, then. I enjoyed the higher numbers throughout the previous chapters, but it still maintains its place as a hate tool, and that's effective enough.
 Fenrir.Minjo
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2011-12-27 13:50:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, CDC is a great WS and Almace is still very useful as a hate keeping tool on higher mobs. The down side is that it still performs poorly on anything you'd actually bring Pld to (higher in VW). Even with all meds up and decent buffs, you're not going to putting out comparable damage to any melee (which is what SE wants).

Atonement is laughable when compared to CDC, especially due to the 50% damage nerf. The only consolation is that with Burtgang you can pump them out pretty fast and the damage gap becomes much smaller on really tough NMs (the new Naraka mob for instance).

I was hoping for Requiscat to bridge the gap between CDC and Atonement, giving Burtgang owners (and anyone that doesn't use almace) a decent damage WS to maintain a steady rate of enmity. However, the WS is almost entirely useless on anything tough. So all you really get is a great WS for mid to low range NMs, which you most likely didn't need a Pld for in the first place.

So here we are, back to spamming Atonement at level 99, for 430 damage. That is, when we're not amnesiad, terror locked, or encumbranced.

Unrelated, but I played around with Burtgang on the test server the other day. Joke's on me, that ***is nuts.
 Phoenix.Neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2011-12-27 14:18:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinjo said: »
I'm not exactly sure what you were expecting from it, then. I enjoyed the higher numbers throughout the previous chapters, but it still maintains its place as a hate tool, and that's effective enough.

The point is that the gap between Atonement and CDC drops heavily on newer content (which is sad because Atonement is trash).
 Bahamut.Feisei
Server: Bahamut
user: feifei
By Bahamut.Feisei 2011-12-27 14:22:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea i feel like when things go wrong, theres sometimes nothing you can do but look up to the sky and wonder where aliens come from.
[+]
 Valefor.Caelir
Server: Valefor
user: Caelir
By Valefor.Caelir 2011-12-27 14:44:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Feisei said: »
Yea i feel like when things go wrong, theres sometimes nothing you can do but look up to the sky and wonder where aliens come from.

you sir brought a smile to my face!

so from the looks of things, new sword ws isnt worth it then since it is a situational ws at best?
[+]
 Asura.Natenn
Server: Asura
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2011-12-27 18:56:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have/know what the best req WS set is?
 Phoenix.Neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2011-12-27 21:49:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Is what I use.
 Ragnarok.Returner
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nameless
By Ragnarok.Returner 2011-12-27 22:04:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Mine is almost identical other than the fact that I use shadow legs cuz I don't have ogier legs
 Siren.Necromage
Server: Siren
user: Necromage
By Siren.Necromage 2011-12-27 22:31:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Is what I use.

You think Soil Belt would beat Anguinus?
 Cerberus.Kelhor
Administrator
By Cerberus.Kelhor 2011-12-27 22:37:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Necromage said: »

Is what I use.

[edit: See Nightfyre's post. I thought the fTP carried over. It doesn't.]
By Lederic 2011-12-27 22:43:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-12-27 23:05:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Necromage said: »

Is what I use.

fTP doesn't carry to all hits like some of the other new WS, so elemental belts are pretty bad for it.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2012-01-05 05:20:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Being able to pop these out every 10 seconds with Burtgang OA3 is pretty impressive. Damage obviously varies with your buffs, but with VW temp item refresh, it's pretty easy to sustain decent damage and an extremely high rate of WS output. I'm enjoying it thoroughly. Using this set I just threw together (could use improvement):
I think those are VERY impressive Reqs, but that doesn't outdo CDC on Kaggen.
I'm not talking about Almace vs Burtgang, or even optimal CDC vs Optimal Req - I'm saying the dmg in those screenshots falls pretty far behind CDC's vs Kaggen.
 Phoenix.Neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2012-01-05 13:15:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh I'm aware.

It's still CDC > Requiscat > Vorpal on anything you can actually damage. Small exception being Burtgang with Requiscat, since you get OA3 and pump them out every 10 seconds.

I'm just happy to have a nice upgrade to use with Burtgang, as people should be happy to have a WS they can use that bridges the gap between vorpal and CDC a bit (for non almace users).

Like I said though, they still all suck on the newer/harder VWNMs, so the point is moot.

I'd say with lvl 95 weapons, current order is:

Burtgang with Requiscat and OA3 > Almace/Excal ~ with Almace being the superior choice if you need the damage to maintain hate, and Excal being superior for "total DoT".

All this may change when lvl99 weapons are released however, assuming they're even obtainable.
 Odin.Zelphes
Server: Odin
user: Zelphes
By Odin.Zelphes 2012-01-05 14:25:51
Link | Quote | Reply

@Neosutra

What's your average Requiscat with AM3/Drinks/Zerk up on anything but T6's? I mean whats your typical spike dmg when AM3 procs.
 Phoenix.Neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2012-01-05 17:48:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats a laaaarge range depending on mob. On the old T3s is 2.5kish. Averaging about 1600 with full meds up (I usually have a cor giving misers/chaos though, and using red curry). But that's 1600 damage average literally every 10 seconds or less.

Also, I'll say: Excal destroys other damage options on the tougher T6s like the Naraka.

If you're a burtgang/excal owner, Requiscat is a must. If not, I'd probably pick up an Almace and use your WS points elsewhere. If you just REALLY don't wanna pick up an Almace, then Requiscat is a nice gap filler.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [133 days between previous and next post]
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2012-05-17 15:28:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Are ele belts the best for this ws or not? B/c i see some saying they are and i see some saying that they arent. If it isn't someone should change this page. http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Requiescat