By Bismarck.Sylow 2011-12-22 18:17:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Have fun, Byrth!
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-12-22 18:31:04
Link | Quote | Reply

sorry about this to begin with or rather a late apology, but here again you are talking about how difficult it is to really apply Xhits to our TP phase and how im talking about how the loss of 5 STP isnt really going to change much consider our current TP setups and given that EXE,EVIS,DE,PK rarely gives a stable TP return even neglecting the Save TP trait we have. So having the 1% haste will be more of a help than that 5 stp that you lose.

do you understand where im coming from?

*if you dont reply, get some rest and enjoy your holidays ^^*
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2011-12-22 18:44:05
Link | Quote | Reply

what atmacites do you guys use on dnc for higher tier VW stuff?

particularly on Ig-Alima
By mortontony1 2011-12-22 18:44:29
Link | Quote | Reply

So.... dagger help? Prease?
 Bismarck.Sylow
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2011-12-22 18:50:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu said: »
sorry about this to begin with or rather a late apology, but here again you are talking about how difficult it is to really apply Xhits to our TP phase and how im talking about how the loss of 5 STP isnt really going to change much consider our current TP setups and given that EXE,EVIS,DE,PK rarely gives a stable TP return even neglecting the Save TP trait we have. So having the probably less than 1% haste will be more of a help than that 5 stp that you lose.

ftfy

anyway, the pinion only helps at high haste.

even then, WS frequency is kind of a silly measure in pretty much all of the events in which DNC currently shines.

1.) Dynamis --> NO WS TIL PROC IS DONE (sup 300 TP Exderperators)
2.) Voidwatch --> Will frequently need to wait for some other condition to be filled before it's safe to WS, or you'll be using a Dusty Wing for quick TP after a proc anyway. WS dmg is actually a small fraction of your dmg in VW on DNC, and a strong majority of your WS dmg will come from BF-->CF-->300 TP Rudra's Storm every 90 seconds.
3.) Old Content --> Will probably die in a single WS anyway, so you save an extra attack, who cares?
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-12-22 19:02:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sylow said: »
sorry about this to begin with or rather a late apology, but here again you are talking about how difficult it is to really apply Xhits to our TP phase and how im talking about how the loss of 5 STP isnt really going to change much consider our current TP setups and given that EXE,EVIS,DE,PK rarely gives a stable TP return even neglecting the Save TP trait we have. So having the probably less than 1% haste will be more of a help than that 5 stp that you lose.

ftfy

even then, WS frequency is kind of a silly measure in pretty much all of the events in which DNC currently shines.

2.) Voidwatch --> Will frequently need to wait for some other condition to be filled before it's safe to WS, or you'll be using a Dusty Wing for quick TP after a proc anyway. WS dmg is actually a small fraction of your dmg in VW on DNC, and a strong majority of your WS dmg will come from BF-->CF-->300 TP Rudra's Storm every 90 seconds.
3.) Old Content --> Will probably die in a single WS anyway, so you save an extra attack, who cares?
fair enough lol.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2011-12-22 19:04:17
Link | Quote | Reply

mortontony1 said: »
So.... dagger help? Prease?

I did already.

mortontony1 said: »
I have a general dagger question. Basically, what should I be using? I'm currently doing Oyonos (sp?) and Verus and I really like the haste of Oyonos, but I figured there could be something with higher DPS than Verus. I /really/ don't want a Twastar because of the way it looks, and I'm doing Ukon for war atm and I really don't want to have to double farm everything. I'm also doing two eva Kila's but I'll probably stop at the 90 version. 40 geodes + the avatar stones is just stupid to me. Maybe WoE dagger? Str?

Unequip Oynos after haste proc (it takes time to do so, obligatory), your best options then minus VW drops would probably then be STR dagger x2, although this limits your usefulness to not-VW, pretty much. Which is fine, you'll have Ukon WAR for that ...
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2011-12-22 19:11:01
Link | Quote | Reply

ftfy

fair enough lol.

To be honest, slight variation to WS frequency hasn't been particularly relevant to anything but paper since Lolibri Fantasy XI >_>
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-12-22 19:11:54
Link | Quote | Reply

does this mean i can full time justicier's?
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2011-12-22 19:14:55
Link | Quote | Reply

does this mean i can full time justicier's?

No, because that will reduce your DoT. :<
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-12-22 19:15:52
Link | Quote | Reply

damnit
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2011-12-22 19:16:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Also my previous statement about WS frequency only applies to dual wielding (DoT-focused) jobs, for obvious reasons.

Just putting that out there before I invoke the ire of someone's x-hit.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2011-12-22 19:17:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn said: »

particularly on Ig-Alima

Save TP + Regain are prolly your best bets still. Whatever the *** they're called. Not requiring me to re-infuse them every time hasn't forced me to learn their names.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2011-12-22 19:23:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually just got Ig-Alima's atmacite earlier this week, and didn't know what it does til now

fully upgraded it gives

"HP+10% All status effects +15 Accuracy+5 Haste+5%"
Atmacite of the Valiant

how does that fare up to the regain atmacite? you could take off extra haste gear and fill in with additional stats
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2011-12-22 19:24:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Wtf is all status effects +15
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2011-12-22 19:25:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Forgive me for my new atmacite ignorance, but I haven't been able to bring myself to care.
By mortontony1 2011-12-22 19:39:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh my bad! Thank you lol ^^
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2011-12-22 19:56:08
Link | Quote | Reply

loving this thread so far!
[+]
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2011-12-22 19:58:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I finally got my Potestas Bomblet, so I can actually put some TLC into the content once my wrists stop bleeding.
 Lakshmi.Greggles
user: Greggles
By Lakshmi.Greggles 2011-12-22 19:58:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn said: »

particularly on Ig-Alima

Save TP + Regain are prolly your best bets still. Whatever the *** they're called. Not requiring me to re-infuse them every time hasn't forced me to learn their names.

Coercion is the Regain and Discipline is the Save TP atmacite.
[+]
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2011-12-22 20:05:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyway, for those of you who want to take my advice and go for Potestas Bomblet, I bid you a *** good luck.
[+]
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2011-12-23 01:48:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Just as an FYI, early reports from Byrth's end of the woods show that the "Enhances Saber Dance" is an additional +1% Double Attack rate to the floor value (20% currently) of Saber Dance per merit level (up to +5% for a total of 25% Double Attack), must be worn for the effect to take place.

This is absolutely not official as of yet, but I figured you might be interested.

Looks about time to 5/5 Saber Dance 8)
Currently @ 17000 experience points to go, FML.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2011-12-23 07:15:54
Link | Quote | Reply

there are those of us who appreciate the testing
<3
By quendiragnarok 2011-12-23 10:10:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Just as an FYI, early reports from Byrth's end of the woods show that the "Enhances Saber Dance" is an additional +1% Double Attack rate to the floor value (20% currently) of Saber Dance per merit level (up to +5% for a total of 25% Double Attack), must be worn for the effect to take place.

This is absolutely not official as of yet, but I figured you might be interested.

Looks about time to 5/5 Saber Dance 8)
Currently @ 17000 experience points to go, FML.

Well this is going to screw my merits alllll up for DNC. If it's true, w/ +2 Etoile pants on, taking into consideration the upcoming merit changes, any shots @ what our Group 2 merits may look like? I'm thinking 5/5 Saber, 2/5 Fan (for lowest possible recast,) 3/5 NFR. (7k exp to go for my pants, 2 more runs and i'm there.)

Thanks for the thread, been very informative looking through the discussions here.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2011-12-23 15:14:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't see any enhancement to Saber that's not worth getting. Barring some phenomenal enhancement to Fan Dance, I'm thinking 5/5 Saber, 4/5 NFR, 1/5 Fan will be my setup, especially considering the minor NFR improvement from the augmented relic body,
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2011-12-23 15:20:53
Link | Quote | Reply

According to SE, a single merit will unlock the lowest recast after the changes, by the way.
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-12-23 15:57:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyway, for those of you who want to take my advice and go for Potestas Bomblet, I bid you a *** good luck.
*** GOV |:
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2011-12-23 16:06:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Where is that image of the troll-face Square-Enix logo when you need it?
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2011-12-23 17:54:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Relic +2 Enhancement info:

Heaven.Byrth said:
Etoile Tiara +2 (Enhances Trance) : Increases Trance duration by 20 seconds.

Etoile Casaque +2 (Enhances No Foot Rise) : Gives 5 TP per No Foot Rise level when you use NFR.

Etoile Bangles +2 (Enhances Fan Dance) : 5/5 Fan Dance = 100 damage from 1000 needles without taking a hit. 300 damage after taking 2 hits, etc. I don't think it affects physical damage reduction potency necessarily. 8 hits (floored potency) = 750 damage from 1000 Needles. So it raises the floor by 1% per merit level.

Etoile Tights +2 (Enhances Saber Dance) : 5/5 Saber Dance gives +5% to the base Saber Dance DA rate when worn, similar to the -5% minimum Fan Dance PDT of Etoile Bangles +2.

Etoile Shoes +2 (Enhances Closed Position) : Does not appear to add Acc. 299 Acc vs. a 307 Evasion Hpemde gives a 71% hit rate (N=2000). It also does not add critical hit rate (13% predicted and observed). I cannot directly know whether or not it adds attack because positional modifications aren't reflected in the gear menu, but I think there is a pretty good chance that this enhancement is not worthwhile.
[+]
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2011-12-23 23:08:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Doing VW at the moment, but I've posted some info in the TP section.

Look over what I have so far, thanks!
First Page 2 3 4 ... 117 118 119