Did SE Remove The Avatars From Abyssea?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Did SE remove the Avatars from Abyssea?
Did SE remove the Avatars from Abyssea?
 Leviathan.Torvin
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: mordth
By Leviathan.Torvin 2011-12-18 14:25:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Just spent nearly 45 minutes in Aby Misereaux trying to find Jala but couldn't. Have friends that looked two different days and couldn't find him either, even on widescan. Anyone else notice this?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Nekonarf
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Nekonarf 2011-12-18 14:38:11
Link | Quote | Reply

They wont spawn if no one does bastion, abyssea is pretty much dead which means no one is keeping the content active, meaning you wont reach capped lights easily and you wont see the avatars in the Scars zones show up untill people need to do it again.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2011-12-18 14:38:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure. I've not been able to find Jala in well over 6 months and I haven't noticed them around anywhere else either (though I don't really go out of my way to look).

EDIT: Ohhh, never knew Avatars were tied to Bastion >_>; Thought they were like Ephmereals and popped regardless.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Torvin
By Leviathan.Torvin 2011-12-18 22:51:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Hrmm.. I didnt realize they were tied to bastion at all. But that would only affect the Scars zones. I'm not surprised no one does bastion though, it is probably one of the worst implemented elements of Abyssea. I always dread when I have to do it to get points for gear. Anyone seen any of the avatars in any of the Visions zones lately?
By Eevae 2011-12-18 23:04:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Saw Akash in La Theine and Pavan in Konschtat a few days ago, Jala too in Misareaux.
 Leviathan.Jackieolivas
user: Rahziela
By Leviathan.Jackieolivas 2011-12-18 23:06:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I've actually seen more Pavan in Konschatat recently than I ever had before. Odd.
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2011-12-18 23:06:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I never see Jala, unless I am on the bridge fighting Crein-Croin and his stagger is an -aga. Then Jala shows up and stands right next to him. >.>
[+]
 Leviathan.Torvin
By Leviathan.Torvin 2011-12-18 23:21:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Hrmm, seem's the Vision's mobs are all still around then. Maybe SE changed something in the update to modify the pop conditions for them then. That, or they are tied to Bastion like Nekonarf said earlier and everybody has been too busy leveling the past few days to mess with it.
 Ragnarok.Corres
Server: Ragnarok
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2011-12-18 23:27:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
Ragnarok.Nekonarf said: »
They wont spawn if no one does bastion, abyssea is pretty much dead which means no one is keeping the content active, meaning you wont reach capped lights easily and you wont see the avatars in the Scars zones show up untill people need to do it again.
The zone defenses and bastion affect the maximum possible lights for these mobs, not their spawn
maybe but doing more bastion and especially ops in let's say vunkerl aby increases the rate of af3 feet drops in chest a whole lot.
so there has to be a connection.