Forum » FFXI » General » Black Mage - Burn Party
Black Mage - Burn Party
 Lakshmi.Alaric
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: vdemitry
By Lakshmi.Alaric 2009-05-01 08:49:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I was wondering if anybody could guide me to a good camp for lvls 52-55 for Burn Party. As all of you blm know, is hard to get into pt's so I got lucky and by mistake set one up last night. It happened to be 5 blm and 1rdm, man! that was freaking awesome!!! So I will be setting more of those up, the only thing I'm missing is the camp info. Know of any?
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2009-05-01 09:18:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Crabs in Kuftal will work.
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2009-05-01 09:30:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
from 60-68ish I solod over 24k an hour after counting the average of 3 deaths an hour. Simple no stress fights just rest flare rest flare was so friggin easy. Got to watch alot of TV while doing it too. Just wish there were viable pet camps for 75... oh well puddings still a good 10k an hour

Great guide for a manaburn pt!
 Lakshmi.Alaric
By Lakshmi.Alaric 2009-05-01 09:31:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, gonna have to check to solo guide. In Kuftal that's were I was lvling 51-52, I think it will work all the way to 53 maybe but once I get to 54-56 then I know I'm gonna have to move camps.

By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-01 09:24:05
from 60-68ish I solod over 24k an hour after counting the average of 3 deaths an hour. Simple no stress fights just rest flare rest flare was so friggin easy. Got to watch alot of TV while doing it too. Just wish there were viable pet camps for 75... oh well puddings still a good 10k an hour

Soloing 10 k 1hr not bad man, but i think I prefer getting the pt burn pt - they're fun! Now once you get to 60 and you have to pt and fight bird that will def be a negative, I'm sure I won't get any invites just because of them birds that reflect mp...
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2009-05-01 09:33:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Perhaps the crabs in Cape Terigan will work, im not too sure on their level but it would make sense.
 Lakshmi.Tkai
user: Tkai
By Lakshmi.Tkai 2009-05-01 09:39:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Dirtyfinger said:
Perhaps the crabs in Cape Terigan will work, im not too sure on their level but it would make sense.

Crabs in Kuftal is 60-63 and Crabs in Cape Terigan is between 64-67, hopes this help.
 Lakshmi.Alaric
By Lakshmi.Alaric 2009-05-01 09:41:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Dirtyfinger said:

True I'm gonna have to give it a test run. So what is best to have RDM OR BRD in Burn PT? They're both great, but never really gotten tips on either for that specific PT.
 Bismarck.Idevlboy
Server: Bismarck
user: idevlboy
By Bismarck.Idevlboy 2009-05-01 09:46:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Not too sure about the 52-55 range but i can tell you at 58-61 (Possible to start at 57 but its a little rough) Aydeewa Subterrane will be your new best friend.

There are 2 camps that can result in chain 7.

Party Setup: 5x BLM, 1x COR (Exp roll, MAB, resting MP) if COR is not avail SCH is next best option for weather effects to lower resist rate, then BRD, then as a last option RDM.

Position: Enter at Wajaom Woodlands entrance #2 to Aydeewa Subterrane and proceed down the hill and go straight at the first fork to (I-9) at the opening to a big room. This is camp 1.

Target: Crawler (Burst), Crawler (Burst), Qiqirn Lieuter (Burst), Phlebotomic Slug - will be ontop of the ledge (Freeze) - can sub another crawler if leech is out of range, This gets you to chain 3. Now you pull the 4 Qiqirn Enterprisers that are in the halls at (I-10) and (I-9). They are rng mobs so will not engage the PT. When they get to camp GA nuke until they are all dead for chain 7!

NOTE: Puller will need to be /nin for survival on this pull. The mobs link so you only need to pull the furthest ones to get them all.

Now you can move to camp #2.

Position: Need sneak! go through the big room and into the tunnel at (I-8). The enterence will be camp 2 but you will be moving a little further in at chain 2.

Target: Crawler (Burst), Crawler (Burst), Qiqirn Enterpriser (Burst). At this point you will follow the tunnel around to the next 90 degree corner (DO NOT FALL OFF THE LEDGE) where you will find a Qiqirn Enterpriser and a Qiqirn Leiuter. Pull the Leiuter away so it doesnt link and nuke with (Burst) for chain 3. Now same drill as last time. There are 2 Qiqirn Enterprisers at the bend at (H-8) with 2 more on the path there. Pull the furthest one to link all 4. When they get to camp GA nuke them down for chain 7!

Best camp ever!
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2009-05-01 09:48:25
Link | Quote | Reply

i think both would be fine at that level tbh, just depends on what is seeking ^^
 Lakshmi.Alaric
By Lakshmi.Alaric 2009-05-01 10:39:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Idevlboy said:
Not too sure about the 52-55 range but i can tell you at 58-61 (Possible to start at 57 but its a little rough) Aydeewa Subterrane will be your new best friend.

There are 2 camps that can result in chain 7.

Party Setup: 5x BLM, 1x COR (Exp roll, MAB, resting MP) if COR is not avail SCH is next best option for weather effects to lower resist rate, then BRD, then as a last option RDM.

Position: Enter at Wajaom Woodlands entrance #2 to Aydeewa Subterrane and proceed down the hill and go straight at the first fork to (I-9) at the opening to a big room. This is camp 1.

Target: Crawler (Burst), Crawler (Burst), Qiqirn Lieuter (Burst), Phlebotomic Slug - will be ontop of the ledge (Freeze) - can sub another crawler if leech is out of range, This gets you to chain 3. Now you pull the 4 Qiqirn Enterprisers that are in the halls at (I-10) and (I-9). They are rng mobs so will not engage the PT. When they get to camp GA nuke until they are all dead for chain 7!

NOTE: Puller will need to be /nin for survival on this pull. The mobs link so you only need to pull the furthest ones to get them all.

Now you can move to camp #2.

Position: Need sneak! go through the big room and into the tunnel at (I-8). The enterence will be camp 2 but you will be moving a little further in at chain 2.

Target: Crawler (Burst), Crawler (Burst), Qiqirn Enterpriser (Burst). At this point you will follow the tunnel around to the next 90 degree corner (DO NOT FALL OFF THE LEDGE) where you will find a Qiqirn Enterpriser and a Qiqirn Leiuter. Pull the Leiuter away so it doesnt link and nuke with (Burst) for chain 3. Now same drill as last time. There are 2 Qiqirn Enterprisers at the bend at (H-8) with 2 more on the path there. Pull the furthest one to link all 4. When they get to camp GA nuke them down for chain 7!

Best camp ever!

Man this is awesome! Thanks!!! This will help greatly once I enter that area were all I hear are blm complain because of the lack of pt invites. And now to print this :)
 Bismarck.Idevlboy
Server: Bismarck
user: idevlboy
By Bismarck.Idevlboy 2009-05-01 10:54:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry it was so long. But i figured: Hey if i can share a 10-14k/hr camp with everyone else it is totally worth blabbing on about. :)

If you can get the pulls down and the timing needed to maintain the chain you will breeze through these 3-4 levels. After that your options are back to the solo grind or level sync the hell out of this camp if you can manage to maintain skill caps through other activities/jobs.

One thing i forgot to mention... when you go to pull the 4 Rngs you really do not have a lot of time to rest before you have to run to go pull or you will lose the chain. It is best if the non blm can manage the pull. If not you have maybe 1-2 ticks before you need to head out. If the non blm pulls all 5 blms should be at or near 100% when the mobs arrive.
 Fairy.Mykoto
Server: Fairy
user: Mykoto
By Fairy.Mykoto 2009-05-01 11:16:23
Link | Quote | Reply

<60 I seem to recall using freeze/ blizzaga II against Helm Beetles and Knight Crawlers deep in Crawler's Nest actually, if that's of any help. 'Course it's the sleep - nuke - sleep method again, but hard to avoid that early on.
 Fenrir.Jerlow
Server: Fenrir
user: low5150
By Fenrir.Jerlow 2009-05-01 11:29:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I am currently lvling blm and if your not to worried about using level sync you can go to Vunkeral inlet (s) at (H-12) which is off the map and sync from 57-63.i have been syncing there since 57 and i am now 71 chain 5 xp for 375 and its easy :) only bad thing is you will need to do alot of besieged to get the skillups you will miss out on
 Lakshmi.Alaric
By Lakshmi.Alaric 2009-05-01 11:49:24
Link | Quote | Reply

That's true, I think once I get in that area I will be able to test a couple things out. But overall all the tips are great and will be use promply :P I hope cause I want to lvl BLM to 75! WOOT! yeah ok that might take me a few weeks, but eventually ... hehe..