Sylph.Krsone
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-12-05 12:40:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Fenrir.Minjo said: »
Some of the most powerful pieces in MDT sets are universal to all jobs. Sacrificing an atma slot out of laziness is up to the user, but its a terrible decision.

A sweet MDT/MDB set isn't going to cut it for all occasions.

Um yes it does.

Some of the most powerful pieces in MDT sets are universal to all jobs. Sacrificing an atma slot out of laziness is up to the user, but its a terrible decision.

Agreed, x2 dark rings, twilight torque, 2 merman earrings, avalon, lamia+1 mantle etc. You can use the same mdt/mdb set for several jobs my thf build is just lifted from mnk with the exception of ammo which I wldnt change for mdb on thf and lose tp obviously.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2011-12-06 00:13:51
Link | Quote | Reply

A capped MDT set, which is very easy to obtain now on literally any job will be enough to keep you safe from quite literally anything, including Rani's Thundaga IV with Magic Defense Down. Using this Atma is next to useless - exception being trying to get a laugh out of how low a mob's nuke is.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2011-12-06 09:43:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »

A sweet MDT/MDB set isn't going to cut it for all occasions.

And yet I've never died from something that I would have otherwise survived with this useless atma. Imagine that.

Not every job has access to Migawari. Maybe try being less of an ***?

It's good insurance when you're playing with under-ideal healers (which can be pretty often). Nothing is worse than a pick-up group for Itz. scales, spending a few hours building sets and finding out in the end that the WHM you grabbed wasn't fast enough to heal you up before "Fire Break" was used.
 Fenrir.Camiie
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2011-12-06 10:10:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Has there been any testing done with Future Fabulous in regard to BST pet tanking? Would it make BST able to solo anything that they can't normally? Magic damage is generally a pet's Achilles' Heel right?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Camiie
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2011-12-06 14:17:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, yeah Rani's a tough one. Had to hold it on BST for a bit once. Long story.

Shinryu, wow that might be fun to try but I doubt it'd be worth the meds cost considering how stingy he can be.

Thanks for the info. If I ever get WotG done I'll have to fiddle around with it.